Sign in to follow this  
Defender1

Free sports TV coverage

On 13/04/2018 at 10:18 AM, Rammo23 said:

Just seen the TV game Oulton v Milford is on 428 free view tomorrow at 4 15 not 424 free sports for sky viewers. 

Repeated on Freesports at 1:30am and 7:00am on Sunday morning. Then at 10:30am on Wednesday.

Ben Westwood's niece interviewed at pitchside on what she enjoys about Rugby League. Her answer - "Taking people's heads off". :biggrin: 

Edited by Futtocks

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Ben Westwood's niece interviewed at pitchside on what she enjoys about Rugby League. Her answer - "Taking people's heads off". :biggrin: 

Wonder where she gets that from

8 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Wonder where she gets that from

The apple never falls far from the tree...

Stanningley v East Leeds is on Freesports now, in case anyone missed the TV listings. Danny Brough is the commentary pundit instead of Mick Morgan this time.

signal a problem again and not enjoying the adverts they are slipping in when ever they can but a good game and nice crowd. DBs ok. 

I enjoy being able to watch this from my east London bijou residence. 

18 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

signal a problem again and not enjoying the adverts they are slipping in when ever they can but a good game and nice crowd. DBs ok. 

I enjoy being able to watch this from my east London bijou residence. 

No signal problem here in North London. :cool: 

The commercials are a bit unexpected for those of us used to traditional RL broadcasting, but it is a good sign that advertisers are paying for airtime on this new TV channel. 

Decent, close contest. Good to see young players like Lilley and Golding giving back to the game by taking on coaching gigs, too.

Is East Leeds' hooker the same Casey Canterbury who used to play for Oxford? He's a live wire.

Edited by Futtocks

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Is East Leeds' hooker the same Casey Canterbury who used to play for Oxford? He's a live wire.

Excellent player and well deserved MoM. 

Ince Rose Bridge v Featherstone Lions about to kick off on Freesports.

Enjoyable game, but the young lad refereeing has had a bit of a nightmare. Just shows how difficult it is to be a referee.

11 hours ago, chisholm said:

Nightmare is an understatement, he was awful.

Less said about his haircut the better 😳😜😂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JonM said:

Enjoyable game, but the young lad refereeing has had a bit of a nightmare. Just shows how difficult it is to be a referee.

He was really struggling but I was disappointed at the pundits constantly pointing it out, he’ll know he had a mare but I don’t see how constantly harping on about it on tv will help the lads confidence 

• Like 1

I attended the HCP V St Pats yesterday and the referee was poor too even though Parkside ran out 26-0 winners...could of been more he slowed the game down too neither side benefited from it

18 hours ago, JonM said:

This lad ref'd the Shaw Cross/Hunslet Club Parkside about 2 years ago and was bad  , booed off , and this was brought up by another club who'd had it done to one of their games at a NCL meeting and Ben Thaler said yes we know about him and are monitoring his progress , some progress.......

Would it be better to offer him support and advice .

Monitoring him , what good is that , without the above .

• Like 1

I do think it's a very difficult job - no way could I do it.  I've refereed the odd football game, umpired cricket, been a track and field official. Those are all pretty easy in comparison, with far fewer decisions to make, and most of them are pretty clear-cut. I don't know what can be done to make things easier for the referee though.

I watched the Normanton v Siddal game Saturday, the referee there seemed to do a decent job. Not sure of his name though.

Leigh Miners v Milford has just kicked off on Freesports TV, and Milford have two of their Ukrainians in the starting line-up and one on the bench. A little bit of Rugby League history, made in the NCL.

4 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

What history has been made?

Three Ukrainian players turning out for a British RL club side? Pretty unusual, and if it's happened before, I haven't heard about it.

Poor old Mick Morgan's struggling with their names though; he thinks Nikita Khrushchev is playing. :biggrin:

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:22 PM, henage said:

Would it be better to offer him support and advice .

Monitoring him , what good is that , without the above .

He'll have a mentor.

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Three Ukrainian players turning out for a British RL club side? Pretty unusual, and if it's happened before, I haven't heard about it.

It happened a few ago when they played for Milford previously