Graham

Wests Tigers - Up for it this season

Considering the pre-season predictions would you have picked Tigers to have started so well, beating two of the same people's predicted premiership strong contenders? Tigers were outstanding in the game against Melbourne at AAMI Park. They had a strong defence conceding very few points, forced lots of errors in their opponents and overcame a penalty count weighed heavily against them.

With the proviso that it is still early days, surely we can say that Tigers won't be struggling cellar dwellers this season can't we?

Well done Tigers

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

We've still only scored 20 points in 2 games. I'll ignore Round 1 just to be consistent - I've never taken too much notice of Round 1 form by any team. Wakey and Widnes both won in Round 1. Does anyone expect a Wakey v Widnes GF?

It's the 80-minute effort that has pleased the fans.

NotARealTiger said:

What a game. So proud of this team. Attack looks clunky but to beat Melbourne at home in Billy's 300th with a 9-1 second half penalty count AND a sin binning? That's just ridiculous.

OldManTiger said

The best regular season win I remember because we backed up a win that was almost as gutsy 6 days earlier. Even at our peak we were NEVER this tough defensively.

CQ Tiger said:

Thank you Ivan, I am seriously impressed with our defense.

05 Tigz said:

Being a good Attacking has got us nowhere in the last couple of years . Our attack will change once liddle, Reynolds and lolohea are all on the field. But if we can keep teams to under 10 points we will win a lot more games than we lose.

They look more like a team that want to play for each other. They do need areas to sort out like most teams. But Clearly has got them focused and the game plan is simple. Benji is a great leader and his time away was best for both. Fans just want players and the team to give 100% and not talk BS. Getting rid of Woods and Tedesco was good Business. They can build a team based on Hard work and not Egos and half heartedness.

The only thing I hate is the amount of Messing around the Tigers did in both games and the match officials not being tougher. All teams do it but some teams even Storm go too far with it.

I like the look of the Tigers. I hope they keep on playing like a team that cares and make it to the Finals. Cleary is a very good coach. Getting rid of the prima donnas certainly didn't do any harm.