Sign in to follow this  
Futtocks

Challenge Cup 5th Round Draw

Recommended Posts

Streaming from the BBC right now. Players from the St Helens and Wigan SL women's teams will be making the draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Challenge Cup Round 5 Draw
Warrington v Hunslet or Bradford
Barrow v Toronto
Widnes v Coventry or Pilkington
Leigh v London Broncos
Whitehaven v Rochdale
Halifax or Oldham v Hull KR
Doncaster v North Wales or Featherstone
York v Catalans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leigh v London has got to be the stand out fixture. 

Haven will be pleased with thier draw they may even break the 500mark 

York & Barrow have the short end of the stick - not much revenue from away support and likely to go out. Let's hope the locals can attend in their numbers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I think sky have the rights to show a match, as do the BBC online.

Would love to see Leigh v London and York v Catalans.

Looks like you're right.

I thought Sky didn't come in 'til the next round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

Leigh v London has got to be the stand out fixture. 

Haven will be pleased with thier draw they may even break the 500mark 

York & Barrow have the short end of the stick - not much revenue from away support and likely to go out. Let's hope the locals can attend in their numbers

You kidding? I'm absolutely buzzing!

I reckon York could get 3k in for this one... 

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gav Wilson said:

You kidding? I'm absolutely buzzing!

I reckon York could get 3k in for this one... 

 

You’ll be hoping SMc holds on a bit longer!!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Looks like you're right.

I thought Sky didn't come in 'til the next round.

image.png.2fd7e551f6633f08ab7c3d2d7513d78c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manu266 said:

image.png.2fd7e551f6633f08ab7c3d2d7513d78c.png

I like that qualification ... translated as if there’s non attractive enough for our SL audience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few tasty encounters on the cards.

TWP gets a shot at redemption vs. our League 1 accomplices Barrow. they traveled twice to the Den last year and now we travel to them twice. Will a pipe burst near the pitch a day before the game by chance?

Will London dump Leigh out? Tie of the round?

biggest upset in the making for York vs. Catalans? Dragons don't travel well and you know the Knights will be all hands on deck for a SL scalp. Might be that Catalans are focusing on the league vs. the Cup Toulouse style?

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just on Toulouse you’d think the RFL would be putting big pressure on them to stop this ‘ boycott ‘ and get entered in the Cup from next year 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Just on Toulouse you’d think the RFL would be putting big pressure on them to stop this ‘ boycott ‘ and get entered in the Cup from next year 

if you don't want to play in the cup send your C team for some minutes and get knocked out..bam! But to not participate at all is rude...so French! lol 

Should be mandatory for all, respect the Cup.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

York & Barrow have the short end of the stick - not much revenue from away support and likely to go out. Let's hope the locals can attend in their numbers

Nice trolling. Those teams will be chuffed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

if you don't want to play in the cup send your C team for some minutes and get knocked out..bam! But to not participate at all is rude...so French! lol 

Should be mandatory for all, respect the Cup.

Yeh I bet if you stopped asking them suddenly they’d want in !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m with Gav, I’m excited that Catalan are coming to York, it’s something different from the status quo. Also the way the club are now they are forward thinking and modern enough to know you don’t have to rely on away fans for a big crowd. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yorkie44 said:

I’m with Gav, I’m excited that Catalan are coming to York, it’s something different from the status quo. Also the way the club are now they are forward thinking and modern enough to know you don’t have to rely on away fans for a big crowd. 

I think you guys have a shot at taking a SL scalp here. Yolk will be 1000% ready to go for this and Catalans might not be that much into it. 

Up the kneets on this one!!!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

I think you guys have a shot at taking a SL scalp here. Yolk will be 1000% ready to go for this and Catalans might not be that much into it. 

Up the kneets on this one!!!!

Here’s hoping, a very much doubt we’ll come through, but then that was my thought when we played you last year, what a day that turned out to be.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, manu266 said:

image.png.2fd7e551f6633f08ab7c3d2d7513d78c.png

As much as DJB hates cameras in his ground i don't see how the Leigh vs London tie wouldn't draw people to the TV?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yorkie44 said:

Here’s hoping, a very much doubt we’ll come through, but then that was my thought when we played you last year, what a day that turned out to be.

You're welcome for the fond memories lol. 

it was a wake up call for our boys, much needed so thank you for that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Krzzystuff said:

As much as DJB hates cameras in his ground i don't see how the Leigh vs London tie wouldn't draw people to the TV?

Be good . And great exposure for the championship . Intriguing match up between the failing favourites and the high flyers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wonderofwood said:

Leigh v London has got to be the stand out fixture. 

 

The only question here is which club wants to win least. with both sides probably resting key players. With the focus on the top 4,  who really wants the distraction of a cup run along with the risk of season ending injuries ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty matches with no away support. Do Toronto actually get something

7 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

The only question here is which club wants to win least. with both sides probably resting key players. With the focus on the top 4,  who really wants the distraction of a cup run along with the risk of season ending injuries ?

I don't see Leigh resting players at the moment. More games the merrier at present.

Edited by SL17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The former Widnes Chairman, Tony Chambers, who was the driving force behind the redevelopment of Naughton Park into the Halton Stadium was from Coventry. He would have been absolutely delighted by the possibility of that match-up in the Challenge Cup.

York v Catalans or Barrow v Toronto would be great TV games IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant draw for Coventry and Pilkington and a massive opportunity for both teams this weekend. I've had a soft spot for Widnes since the days of Jonathan Davies so would love a day out there. Let's hope the Bears lads can get a result on Sunday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Online Now - March 2018

Rugby League World - April 2018 - Out Fri 30 Mar

Rugby League Books On Sale Here