Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

23 Mar: SL: Hull FC v Catalans Dragons KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

17 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Hull FC
      13
    • Catalans Dragons
      4
    • Draw
      0

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/23/2018 at 07:45 PM

Recommended Posts

Should be Hull by a landslide, but after last weeks display I am struggling to be too confident. Kelly is back which is a big boost. Catalans are beyond rubbish, but in our current situation I would settle for a 1-0 win just to get us back on track. Then hopefully start to build something through Easter with Houghton due back any time now.

Anyway. I'll go 30-16 to Hull, but its just the kind of game we have a habit of making hard for ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict we'll get a comfortable lead, get complacent, then let in a few too make it unacceptably close before scoring a late try to win by 8 points.

30-22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I predict we'll get a comfortable lead, get complacent, then let in a few too make it unacceptably close before scoring a late try to win by 8 points.

30-22

Lol you seriously think Catalans will score 22 points?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Lol you seriously think Catalans will score 22 points?

They shouldn't. But the scenario he describes will be very familiar to Hull fans. We have a real knack for making good teams look poor and making bad teams look like world beaters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MZH said:

They shouldn't. But the scenario he describes will be very familiar to Hull fans. We have a real knack for making good teams look poor and making bad teams look like world beaters.

Catalans aren't a bad team, they are a decent team that is being coached in such a way that it's just about impossible for them to score points. The only way they will score 20 or more points this season is if they completely ignore McNamara's instructions and take matters into their own hands, as they did in the final 30 minutes of the MPG against Leigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Evil Homer said:

Catalans aren't a bad team, they are a decent team that is being coached in such a way that it's just about impossible for them to score points. The only way they will score 20 or more points this season is if they completely ignore McNamara's instructions and take matters into their own hands, as they did in the final 30 minutes of the MPG against Leigh.

At the moment they are a bad team. On paper they shouldn't be. But they are. I dont really buy all this about McNamara. He may well promote percentage rugby, but that isnt the same as telling them not to score points. Melbourne play percentage rugby and they do just fine. I dont think McNamara is the right man going forward, but Catalans problems appear to reach much further than a conservative game plan imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MZH said:

At the moment they are a bad team. On paper they shouldn't be. But they are. I dont really buy all this about McNamara. He may well promote percentage rugby, but that isnt the same as telling them not to score points. Melbourne play percentage rugby and they do just fine. I dont think McNamara is the right man going forward, but Catalans problems appear to reach much further than a conservative game plan imo.

No it's not a conservative gameplan, it's a complete lack of any sort of attacking shape, structure or really any of the things that you would expect from a professional team or even a decent amateur team. You'll see for yourself on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lack of game plan??? 

We've been doing 5 hit ups from dummy half all games long for 2 years now. 

It's outrageous. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They play the wrong game plan for the players they have, they're trying to play the heads up rugby the Robinson brought in, fraysinous continued it and lost players now Mc namarra seems to have the same plan, they play the system of running hard winning the tackle and playing quickly against a disorganized defence or retreating defence, the problem our forwards are to small and not powerful enough so they hardly ever dominate the tackle in attack, so tye defence against them is always in place and ready, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, after reading the posts from our French friends and supporters, I almost feel as though their doom matches mine from after last Friday's game at Salford. At least I've been cheered up a little by the return of Albert Kelly to the Hull squad, how we could have done with him last week.

1. Jamie Shaul, 2. Bureta Faraimo, 3. Carlos Tuimavave, 4. Josh Griffin, 5. Fetuli Talanoa, 6. Albert Kelly, 7. Marc Sneyd, 8. Scott Taylor, 11. Dean Hadley, 12. Mark Minichiello, 13. Josh Bowden, 14. Jake Connor, 15. Chris Green, 16. Jordan Abdull, 17. Danny Washbrook, 20. Brad Fash, 24. Jack Logan, 26. Jordan Lane, 29. Masi Matongo

If we improve our game several fold then we should win but no doubt this will be the time that Catalans choose to kick their season off. 

Hull FC 22 Catalans 14 in a scruffathon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh god... In the news this morning :

Jullien (KO) and Anderson (ankle) are out, Broughton and Langi are in. Gigot switches to fullback, Mead at right centre.

Duport, Da Costa and Maria will play for the reserve in Elite 1. What was the point of signing Maria to the sole intent of having him in the reserve? It's not like Casty, Moa and Bousquet are lightning it up!
 

39 minutes ago, barnyia said:

They play the wrong game plan for the players they have, they're trying to play the heads up rugby the Robinson brought in, fraysinous continued it and lost players now Mc namarra seems to have the same plan, they play the system of running hard winning the tackle and playing quickly against a disorganized defence or retreating defence, the problem our forwards are to small and not powerful enough so they hardly ever dominate the tackle in attack, so tye defence against them is always in place and ready, 

We're both too small and too slow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Oh god... In the news this morning :

Jullien (KO) and Anderson (ankle) are out, Broughton and Langi are in. Gigot switches to fullback, Mead at right centre.

Duport, Da Costa and Maria will play for the reserve in Elite 1. What was the point of signing Maria to the sole intent of having him in the reserve? It's not like Casty, Moa and Bousquet are lightning it up!
 

We're both too small and too slow. 

That I don't understand, Maria was tearing it up at Leigh, now he can't even get a game 

Edited by The Daddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

"Nothing but a big Hull win here, anyone suggesting otherwise could almost be accused of Trolling.  12-36 maybe"

Are you trying to inflict another curse on us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sneyd to put in a biggy now that Alby is back...

Hull 29 v 10 Cats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fear it won't be the last time Cats get spanked this season and wonder how many spankings it'll take before a change is made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Online 26 Apr - May 2018

Rugby League World - April 2018 - Out Fri 30 Mar

Rugby League Books On Sale Here