23 Mar: SL: Hull FC v Catalans Dragons KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Catalans Dragons
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/03/18 at 19:45

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be Hull by a landslide, but after last weeks display I am struggling to be too confident. Kelly is back which is a big boost. Catalans are beyond rubbish, but in our current situation I would settle for a 1-0 win just to get us back on track. Then hopefully start to build something through Easter with Houghton due back any time now.

Anyway. I'll go 30-16 to Hull, but its just the kind of game we have a habit of making hard for ourselves.

35 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Lol you seriously think Catalans will score 22 points?

They shouldn't. But the scenario he describes will be very familiar to Hull fans. We have a real knack for making good teams look poor and making bad teams look like world beaters.

27 minutes ago, MZH said:

They shouldn't. But the scenario he describes will be very familiar to Hull fans. We have a real knack for making good teams look poor and making bad teams look like world beaters.

Catalans aren't a bad team, they are a decent team that is being coached in such a way that it's just about impossible for them to score points. The only way they will score 20 or more points this season is if they completely ignore McNamara's instructions and take matters into their own hands, as they did in the final 30 minutes of the MPG against Leigh.

Just now, Evil Homer said:

Catalans aren't a bad team, they are a decent team that is being coached in such a way that it's just about impossible for them to score points. The only way they will score 20 or more points this season is if they completely ignore McNamara's instructions and take matters into their own hands, as they did in the final 30 minutes of the MPG against Leigh.

At the moment they are a bad team. On paper they shouldn't be. But they are. I dont really buy all this about McNamara. He may well promote percentage rugby, but that isnt the same as telling them not to score points. Melbourne play percentage rugby and they do just fine. I dont think McNamara is the right man going forward, but Catalans problems appear to reach much further than a conservative game plan imo.

4 minutes ago, MZH said:

At the moment they are a bad team. On paper they shouldn't be. But they are. I dont really buy all this about McNamara. He may well promote percentage rugby, but that isnt the same as telling them not to score points. Melbourne play percentage rugby and they do just fine. I dont think McNamara is the right man going forward, but Catalans problems appear to reach much further than a conservative game plan imo.

No it's not a conservative gameplan, it's a complete lack of any sort of attacking shape, structure or really any of the things that you would expect from a professional team or even a decent amateur team. You'll see for yourself on Friday.

They play the wrong game plan for the players they have, they're trying to play the heads up rugby the Robinson brought in, fraysinous continued it and lost players now Mc namarra seems to have the same plan, they play the system of running hard winning the tackle and playing quickly against a disorganized defence or retreating defence, the problem our forwards are to small and not powerful enough so they hardly ever dominate the tackle in attack, so tye defence against them is always in place and ready, 

Well, after reading the posts from our French friends and supporters, I almost feel as though their doom matches mine from after last Friday's game at Salford. At least I've been cheered up a little by the return of Albert Kelly to the Hull squad, how we could have done with him last week.

1. Jamie Shaul, 2. Bureta Faraimo, 3. Carlos Tuimavave, 4. Josh Griffin, 5. Fetuli Talanoa, 6. Albert Kelly, 7. Marc Sneyd, 8. Scott Taylor, 11. Dean Hadley, 12. Mark Minichiello, 13. Josh Bowden, 14. Jake Connor, 15. Chris Green, 16. Jordan Abdull, 17. Danny Washbrook, 20. Brad Fash, 24. Jack Logan, 26. Jordan Lane, 29. Masi Matongo

If we improve our game several fold then we should win but no doubt this will be the time that Catalans choose to kick their season off. 

Hull FC 22 Catalans 14 in a scruffathon.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Oh god... In the news this morning :

Jullien (KO) and Anderson (ankle) are out, Broughton and Langi are in. Gigot switches to fullback, Mead at right centre.

Duport, Da Costa and Maria will play for the reserve in Elite 1. What was the point of signing Maria to the sole intent of having him in the reserve? It's not like Casty, Moa and Bousquet are lightning it up!

39 minutes ago, barnyia said:

They play the wrong game plan for the players they have, they're trying to play the heads up rugby the Robinson brought in, fraysinous continued it and lost players now Mc namarra seems to have the same plan, they play the system of running hard winning the tackle and playing quickly against a disorganized defence or retreating defence, the problem our forwards are to small and not powerful enough so they hardly ever dominate the tackle in attack, so tye defence against them is always in place and ready, 

We're both too small and too slow. 

19 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Oh god... In the news this morning :

Jullien (KO) and Anderson (ankle) are out, Broughton and Langi are in. Gigot switches to fullback, Mead at right centre.

Duport, Da Costa and Maria will play for the reserve in Elite 1. What was the point of signing Maria to the sole intent of having him in the reserve? It's not like Casty, Moa and Bousquet are lightning it up!

We're both too small and too slow. 

That I don't understand, Maria was tearing it up at Leigh, now he can't even get a game 

"Nothing but a big Hull win here, anyone suggesting otherwise could almost be accused of Trolling.  12-36 maybe"

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

"Nothing but a big Hull win here, anyone suggesting otherwise could almost be accused of Trolling.  12-36 maybe"

Are you trying to inflict another curse on us?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Sneyd to put in a biggy now that Alby is back...

Hull 29 v 10 Cats

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Archived