Sign in to follow this  
RobertAM

Lamport pitch renewal

Went by Lamport today (OK OK I was checking out the 2018 gear at the shop) and was gratified to see work taking place on the pitch. Not much to see yet but at least we're heading in the right direction...thought everyone would want to know...

Lamport 21.3.18 A.jpg

Lamport 21.3.18 B.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Good news! Thanks.

Dome gone earlier than the original plan, must be the deal TWP got with the city, so works start earlier, end of works is probably not June anymore but early may hopefully, just before the home opener still announced at Lamport.

yep, they have 6 weeks so get a shift on boys..

Keep us updated please..

your wish is my command...I'm only a 20 minute walk fm home and what the heck 3Brewers is on the way in case I need sustenance. 

By the way..some very fetching grey WP Golf shirts in stock at the shop..may have to acquire one to add to my wardrobe..

4 hours ago, RobertAM said:

By the way..some very fetching grey WP Golf shirts in stock at the shop..may have to acquire one to add to my wardrobe..

Golf shirts!

Where are the TWP flat caps? That is my dream merchandise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ojx said:

Golf shirts!

Where are the TWP flat caps? That is my dream merchandise.

Canadian flatcappers!!! The mind boggles.

• Like 1

That's great news Rob! Thanks for posting that and making many a peoples (Parky unlikely) day.

3 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

That's great news Rob! Thanks for posting that and making many a peoples (Parky unlikely) day.

Rumour has it Parky has approached the Mississaugas of New Credit asking if Lamport sits on a former burial ground in which case the re-turfing would be further delayed. 

14 hours ago, BA Eveer said:

The new jerseys in at the store yet?

Didn't see any..still mostly winter merchandise...they'll fly off the shelves when they arrive..will watch n advise....

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Rumour has it Parky has approached the Mississaugas of New Credit asking if Lamport sits on a former burial ground in which case the re-turfing would be further delayed. 

OMG is Parky the guy parking his camper at the Pinery for a land rights dispute...between him and Canada?? really sounds like a thing he would do right? i have a campsite booked so that guy better ###### off!

• Haha 2

i expect a big announcement once the kits are available...followed by an announcement that a new supplier will be named at the end of the season for 2019.

On 21/03/2018 at 10:50 PM, BA Eveer said:

The new jerseys in at the store yet?

I see on the Wolfpack website today that they have black jerseys for sale now.  If they fit like last years jerseys I would get at least 2 sizes bigger than you normally would.

Also, does anyone have an update about how the new turf is going at Lamport?  We still have snow on the ground up in NW Ontario but I hope is all sunshine and flowers down in Toronto.

10 minutes ago, timmysauce said:

I see on the Wolfpack website today that they have black jerseys for sale now.  If they fit like last years jerseys I would get at least 2 sizes bigger than you normally would.

Also, does anyone have an update about how the new turf is going at Lamport?  We still have snow on the ground up in NW Ontario but I hope is all sunshine and flowers down in Toronto.

timmysauce.......you dream!!!!  As I look out my window in beautiful Stouffville big fluffy white snowflakes fill the air and it's 0 degrees.

I'm going to take a look when i head over to 3B this sunday but I understand the team were supposed to make an announcement either this week or weekend.

scubby posted this in the main forum

image.png.5efe18f03b6e4dc853f1ec7e508114e5.png

Are they actually plating at Fletchers? I'd have thought they'd use one of the universities before playing out there.

2 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Are they actually plating at Fletchers? I'd have thought they'd use one of the universities before playing out there.

Apparently there was an issue with goal posts, those CFL forks not in tune with RL standards. Can't blame them..

1 hour ago, ojx said:

Will they really? What is the source? That would be a disaster. 

It's rumoured as a possibility if the work is not done at Lamport in time. Capacity only about 3,000 and parking is limited, so not my first choice, but if it's only for one game we'll survive and move on. Hoping the start on the field at Lamport this week means it can be done by May 5th.

i don't know anything about turf laying artificial or otherwise other than I had a good size lawn laid in my backyard once which took about 4 hrs. If there are any landscapers in our midst can they advise if there any reason they shouldn't be able to do it in 4 weeks??