Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RobertAM

Lamport pitch renewal

57 minutes ago, Bullish Giant Rhino said:

Looks really concrete underneath. Hope the pitch doesn't lead to any injuries. I don't know much about the science behind artificial pitches tho!

Those matts they are laying down are made of rubber and absorb shock.  The new turf being laid is rated FIFA Level 2 which is the highest rating for turf.  It will hurt less than playing on grass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Those matts they are laying down are made of rubber and absorb shock.  The new turf being laid is rated FIFA Level 2 which is the highest rating for turf.  It will hurt less than playing on grass.

Sounds good, let's hope it's all ready for June :D 

Edited by Bullish Giant Rhino
  • Like 1

I'm sitting next to Lamport right now and having a second look they are 95% complete. Still a bit of work to do around the outsides and they are putting all of the lines in. Would be great if they could paint out the non rugby lines for each match. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Michael1812
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Went by just about lunchtime (by car so no pics) and its looking pretty much complete..gotta think that with a bit more hustle by the city/contractors it could have been completed for May 5 and a rocking 9000+ fans at Fortress Lamport would have blown the Swinton fans minds!!!

but who's complaining?? now we get to do it to all the London Bronco's fans on June 9.....

Wolfpack just sent me a pic of the stadium taken today..this is gonna be season ticket holders view in 2018...with one big difference...along with us all in the west stands the east side stands gonna be packed with fans from Canada and the ROW. watching us get promoted to SL..and I hear mojito man is coming back..all is right with the world!

Lamport Stadium 25-5.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Wolfpack just sent me a pic of the stadium taken today..this is gonna be season ticket holders view in 2018...with one big difference...along with us all in the west stands the east side stands gonna be packed with fans from Canada and the ROW. watching us get promoted to SL..and I hear mojito man is coming back..all is right with the world!

Lamport Stadium 25-5.jpg

I'd like to pitch in and say it looks great.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 5/25/2018 at 4:07 PM, RobertAM said:

Lamport Stadium 25-5.jpg

Is the pitch 110% ready now? Absolutely nothing more to do?

just put up the sticks!

oh and install beer garden...

18 minutes ago, Bullish Giant Rhino said:

Is the pitch 110% ready now? Absolutely nothing more to do?

17 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

just put up the sticks!

oh and install beer garden...

That will make it 130%.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

6 minutes ago, RayCee said:

That will make it 130%.

like the rum in the mojito's....

• Like 1

Just read that the Argos will be practising there, might see some has marks added. I'm assuming they won't try to do both 10yd and 10m lines.

3 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Just read that the Argos will be practising there, might see some has marks added. I'm assuming they won't try to do both 10yd and 10m lines.

The 10m lines look great, definitely don't need any more. The Argos won't do any damage on this surface (like they do at BMO).