TWP Rochdale Game

Bin a long time since I have actually started a thread so here goes:

Great game!

Congrats to Rochdale you have a very good team and played well...great job all around. Congrats on a great effort!  Good job!

I WILL NOW LIMIT MY STATEMENTS TO TORONTO:

1.  Toronto has the potential to be a great team....this game showed it...the character is there...the drive....the will!

2.  It was a rough game in many respects but great to watch.

3.  If Toronto can put it all together (they are not there yet), especially when there is broken play they are very, very strong....they still have a ways to go but the chemistry is clearly there....would have been nice to see a few more offloads.

4.  Sometimes you just got to bear down and GO!....Toronto has that ability as a team.

Note REFEREE:

THIS WAS A VERY HARD GAME TO REFEREE.  I thought the ref did his best and many of the calls went against Toronto but that is the way it goes.   I have noted that many fans (coaches, etc.)  always complain about the the ref etc.....we all know that.    I'm not one of those people....one thing I would say is this....call the offside consistently for both teams from the very beginning....be firm on it....I thought that there were so many off sides on this game I didn't actually know what side I was on for awhile.   Tell both of the Captains from the start you are strongly enforcing it., tell them to return and inform their players you are strongly enforcing it from both sides and then strongly enforce it! (I myself personally have reffed over 1000 games (all be it Union).    I thought the ref did his best, in a difficult game, but the offside rulings need to be enforced for both sides on a consistent basis.

Games like this one and the Leeds - Cas game show why RL is the greatest game. We need to continue to grow this wonderful game instead of cutting everything back. 

Well done to Wolfpack that truly was a nail biter and once again shows the competiveness in the championship. Its going to be very tight at the top come the end of the season 

Archived