Doggies away..

NickD

Lambs to the slaughter I think tonight folks!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Are those two mystery signings still in transit, or are they still at the bus stop ?

Too many people claiming to be agents led to us pulling out of the discussions I understand. The bus was cancelled.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Are they on loan or DR?

There's no need tell the fans what is going on, just as long as they keep bringing their money.

Simpson was said to be season long  but could be called back. Currently on two tries  against the rhinos.  Do you think these players are just called back? If so , we should just get out of the loan situations aswell as the drs. 

10 minutes ago, potato ram said:

Simpson was said to be season long  but could be called back. Currently on two tries  against the rhinos.  Do you think these players are just called back? If so , we should just get out of the loan situations aswell as the drs. 

Here we are.

Screenshot_20180330-164855.png

18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Too many people claiming to be agents led to us pulling out of the discussions I understand. The bus was cancelled.

So could you let those of us outside the black hand gang, who still don't know who it wasn't, who it might have been, or is it still a secret ? :rolleyes: Also off topic, was asked by a mate if I knew of a connection between Larry Grayson and Dewsbury RLFC. I've a feeling he was made a life member or something, but I've no idea why, or even if it's true. I'm relying on you for the answer BSJ, or at least one of the other elder statesmen.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

So could you let those of us outside the black hand gang, who still don't know who it wasn't, who it might have been, or is it still a secret ? :rolleyes: Also off topic, was asked by a mate if I knew of a connection between Larry Grayson and Dewsbury RLFC. I've a feeling he was made a life member or something, but I've no idea why, or even if it's true. I'm relying on you for the answer BSJ, or at least one of the other elder statesmen.

It's doubtful it was Larry Grayson as I'm sure the club would have issued his correct name, William Sulley White were it to have been him and not his stage name. He took his stage name from American actress, Kathryn Grayson. Not sure why he chose Larry though  

I seem to recall the life member you (or your mate) is thinking of was A. D. Grayson. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

22 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Lambs to the slaughter I think tonight folks!

I can't see why you think that PM. The game last night was awful with Batley just edging it as the score reflects. 

Neither sude's attacking ability was great, Dewsbuy's especially so. To me the only highlight of the game was Morton's 80 or so metres' interception try and uphill at that. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Positives Morton's try, sheer defensive effort and Danny Ansell looks like he could be a really good signing. And that we only lost by 8 points despite how badly we played.

But our completion rate was poor, conceded too many penalties, gave Batley far too much possession and territory and the kicking game was hopeless. Credit to Batley they looked organised on attack, outmuscled us in the forwards and kicked very well. 

13 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

the only highlight of the game was Morton's 80 or so metres' interception try and uphill at that. 

Who was nearly caught by Crookes :sclerosis: a proper winger would have caught him on the halfway line, I think even I'd av got a hand on him or mi granny even for that matter!

I thought you defence was good but you lacked flair going forward and other than the telegraphed woeful interception a penalty goal you wouldn't have taken in normal time and a lucky try when you had to force the play as the game was away from you (piggybacking penalties on the back of  inconsistent ref) you'd have been nilled again... 

So mere :blum:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

24 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Who was nearly caught by Crookes :sclerosis: a proper winger would have caught him on the halfway line, I think even I'd av got a hand on him or mi granny even for that matter!

I thought you defence was good but you lacked flair going forward and other than the telegraphed woeful interception a penalty goal you wouldn't have taken in normal time and a lucky try when you had to force the play as the game was away from you (piggybacking penalties on the back of  inconsistent ref) you'd have been nilled again... 

I've met some bad losers in my time but bad winners - that really takes the biscuit PM. I thought that you were better than that.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

24 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

You certainly have some bad luck with the refs. Just face it Piggy,  the referees dont want you in Superleague - what other explanation can there be. Must admit, it's unusual for Dale to go 80 meteres, even in traiining, and if Crookes was the only player who got near him, you must have some really slow backs - Gareth Hock was right. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

A pretty dire display, let’s not beat around the bush.

You will never win a game of rugby league when you have about 10 minutes worth of possession either half because of ill discipline. The going high on the last tackle, constant laying on, hitting the oppositions head after you come out of the tackle and so on needs to stop now. The referee will never give us 50/50 calls when our discipline is so bad. 

We lacked significant attacking nouce again and played the game wrong in the second half — pinning Batley back into their own half and waiting for mistakes should have been the game plan in the second half. Ansell did look good though when he came in, fitness must be the only issue to why he did not start — that or Ned got it very wrong in terms of selection. 

In terms of positives I though Guzdeck had another superb game, he reads the game effortlessly and makes high balls look easy — if it wasn’t for the lack of depth in the full back position I’d be tempted to try him at 6. Martyn Reaily also looked really handy despite what I thought was a poor pre - season showing. The fact we didn’t concede more showed that our defence is very good we just need to sharpen the attack and want to win games more. 

Shape up against Fax and Fev or we could be on a long winless run!

AS at Whitehaven beaten by a team that was slightly better at playing basic rugby. From being a decent looking outfit we've sunk to a team  equal that started last season. Completion rate dire kicking average and as. for penalties... Can somebody please why we have an ex ref on the books. On a positive note is forecast heavy snow fo

r Sunday night

Last night we were missing Glover, Moore, Teanby & Knowles of our 'own' squad alongside the loss of Simpson, English, Wakeman & Crowther to their 'parent' clubs..................That many absentees HAS to take its toll and having had time to consider last night's events, I've got to say  WE should be the happier of the two teams......... It was a poor game and when I heard our team announced I thought we'd do well to stay within twenty points of them...... The fact that we could have drawn the game should concern a very poor Batley immensely.     On the PLUS side for us, I thought Walshaw got through a huge amount of work, Morton did NOT deserve to be on the losing side (massive workrate !!), REILLY was a real plus and must now give us more options in the forwards and Ansell looks like, given time, he might just add to our attacking plans....... On the DOWN side -- stupid penalties (especially from the goal line drop out when we'd just scored), TWICE not being able to even get the ball to the kicker on the last tackle,  TROUT (do I need to say more ?) and the high kick to WORRINCY's corner should have been his ball every day of the week  (though otherwise I thought he had a good enough, hard working game)........... I don't like the fact that we are exposed when clubs can recall players at the drop of a hat and I find it hugely disappointing that there is so little information coming out regarding team news before our games -- We pay our money (home & away) and surely deserve to be told some snippets at least as to who we have (and haven't) got available..........

Still think (if it's on) we can get something out of Monday's game................. On we go !!!  

You can have Hemingway back for nowt.

Hallet and sykes loosing it is comedy gold

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

41 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

Last night we were missing Glover, Moore, Teanby & Knowles of our 'own' squad alongside the loss of Simpson, English, Wakeman & Crowther to their 'parent' clubs..................That many absentees HAS to take its toll and having had time to consider last night's events, I've got to say  WE should be the happier of the two teams......... It was a poor game and when I heard our team announced I thought we'd do well to stay within twenty points of them...... The fact that we could have drawn the game should concern a very poor Batley immensely.     On the PLUS side for us, I thought Walshaw got through a huge amount of work, Morton did NOT deserve to be on the losing side (massive workrate !!), REILLY was a real plus and must now give us more options in the forwards and Ansell looks like, given time, he might just add to our attacking plans....... On the DOWN side -- stupid penalties (especially from the goal line drop out when we'd just scored), TWICE not being able to even get the ball to the kicker on the last tackle,  TROUT (do I need to say more ?) and the high kick to WORRINCY's corner should have been his ball every day of the week  (though otherwise I thought he had a good enough, hard working game)........... I don't like the fact that we are exposed when clubs can recall players at the drop of a hat and I find it hugely disappointing that there is so little information coming out regarding team news before our games -- We pay our money (home & away) and surely deserve to be told some snippets at least as to who we have (and haven't) got available..........

Still think (if it's on) we can get something out of Monday's game................. On we go !!!  

The old 'we lost but should be happier' argument. What nonsense! First of all, we won, which helps. Secondly, we also had players out, our own players, rather than ones from other clubs. 

For what it's worth, two poor, flat sides, but the winners were the better of the two! 

2 hours ago, Therein73 said:

We lost and played bad, negative rugby with terrible discipline — same at Leigh. The players you mentioned would not have made a difference. 

Sorry but we should not be the happier of the two sides. That Batley side was not much better than our’s on paper. The recalling of loaned players is part and parcel of the modern game, sooner we all accept that the better, it’s an excuse that papers over crack!

11 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Nope, can't help you on the LG one Grumpy. As for the mystery signings, I only hear rumours without any substantiation so giving names would be unfair if they were untrue. I believe that they were PNG players but that's all.

3 hours ago, Therein73 said:

The worst thing for me last night as the almost total absence of any excitement; I couldn't wait to go home in fact. I don't doubt that those who were playing were doing their very best but they lost to an equally ordinary Batley side.

We will end up scrapping for 7th and 8th come the end of the season. (And without some real improvement in communication will see our support drift away as well. This isn't a dig at the "media team" who do their very best; the club has to help them to succeed, however. This will be a discussion for another time, I'm sure.)

Archived