Sky NRL Coverage

Sorry if already posted.

But changes with their NRL coverage.

It looks like from Round 6 of the NRL (April 12th-15th) Sky will switch to having still having a Live Match on Thursdays at 10:55am but instead of Friday it'll be the two late Saturday games at 8:30am & 10:30am.

Sky will be dropping Fox Pre Match coverage for NRL from next week. They'll be coming on instead just a couple of minutes before each kick off. 10.48am Thursday & 8.58am Friday.

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977

wigan rl-wembley 1985

redsox-2004

GB RL-?????

Lancashire cricket 2011

Yeh don’t mind any of that to be honest . Prematch was a bit of overkill , and we’re seeing the same number of games - in fact we may see more teams as Friday nights are a favourite tv slot for a select few a fair bit 

I'd have preferred it if they'd ditched the Thursday game and kept the Friday one (assuming it was at a decent UK time), but that's just because it'd fit my personal schedule.

But two Saturday games is good news, IMO.

As for pre-match, I rarely tune in more than 10 minutes before kick-off, apart from the Challenge Cup Final. So, no loss for me there.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just put my sky recording on from the early game this morning And I got a load of super league highlights 

My only complaint is I've got to record the programme after to get the whole game in 

But will be happy if they put Saturday games on 

22 minutes ago, IAN1966 said:

Just put my sky recording on from the early game this morning And I got a load of super league highlights 

My only complaint is I've got to record the programme after to get the whole game in 

But will be happy if they put Saturday games on 

This seems to be a bit of an issue with NRL games - are they a bit slack with kicking off in time and stuff?

just watched last 30mins of cronulla v melbourne played in a bit of wind 30 penalties given and commentator tried to defend it by saying they were playing in difficult conditions......and I watched wakey v cas last night.........

37 minutes ago, scrumhalf said:

just watched last 30mins of cronulla v melbourne played in a bit of wind 30 penalties given and commentator tried to defend it by saying they were playing in difficult conditions......and I watched wakey v cas last night.........

Ha I saw this. Tough conditions??? A bit of wind? 

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

This seems to be a bit of an issue with NRL games - are they a bit slack with kicking off in time and stuff?

They do seem to be. Then again, when you're a broadcaster's major cash-cow, you can probably afford to take liberties.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

should have stayed at premier, EVERY match recordable and easily accessible for a bargain price- simples.

But now the NRL (and potentially the game) reaches a far bigger audience.

It might not be as good for us diehard fans but better for TGG.

Archived