Sign in to follow this  
TheLegendOfTexEvans

Manchester Rangers: Mark of the Beast (NW Crusaders highlights)

Recommended Posts

Deeside Leisure Centre,  they moved the reserve games for Crusaders from the Queensway Stadium to there.

Interesting place that Deeside Leisure Centre.  

Seemed to be a hive of activity with various sporting tournaments all on the go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2018 at 8:04 PM, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Deeside Leisure Centre,  they moved the reserve games for Crusaders from the Queensway Stadium to there.

Interesting place that Deeside Leisure Centre.  

Seemed to be a hive of activity with various sporting tournaments all on the go.

DLS is a big facility for North Wales, and so drags people in from a big area for many sports. The ice rink has been there as long as I can remember (saw Blondie there in the late 70's when I was a nipper!!) and is home to deeside dragons ice hockey team. Flintshire FAlcons ARL are based there too, and with the sports halls, indoor climbing area and skatepark, etc., etc. it is a very popular place :)  Think WalesRL still has an office there too...

Edited by FearNothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Some awful/non existent defence there. Is that genuinely a side that has links to NW Crusaders first team? 

Dad was there, he said it looked like there were a high proportion of the older U18's playing, with some of last year's U18s and a few others he didn't recognise, maybe trialists?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

Dad was there, he said it looked like there were a high proportion of the older U18's playing, with some of last year's U18s and a few others he didn't recognise, maybe trialists?

That would make more sense than it being a proper NW Crusaders reserve side as was suggested in OP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

That would make more sense than it being a proper NW Crusaders reserve side as was suggested in OP 

 

the A team fit into the newly-established player pathway as per the above...we've had some good lads in the U18s, notably Blake Turner who made the 1st team, played for Wales students in their world cup, and then signed for Hornets. Hopefully regular games in that league will help bring on the youngsters :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Some awful/non existent defence there. Is that genuinely a side that has links to NW Crusaders first team? 

Think thats a bit harsh.

This is only the second game for them.

It was a wide pitch and gave Rangers extra space in the attack.

I think the tackling from rangers took a lot out of crusaders in the wrestle.

Its a team of genuine welsh lads and people need to be patient.

Rangers have a lot of pace.

Amateur teams are better than people give them credit for.

Train just as hard as some of league one teams.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Think thats a bit harsh.

This is only the second game for them.

It was a wide pitch and gave Rangers extra space in the attack.

I think the tackling from rangers took a lot out of crusaders in the wrestle.

Its a team of genuine welsh lads and people need to be patient.

Rangers have a lot of pace.

Amateur teams are better than people give them credit for.

Train just as hard as some of league one teams.

 

 

 

 

Harsh?? Really? Look at the score that makes it '44' to Manchester.... Jack Mccarthy is the scorer. The 'tackling' is truly laughable. 

Literally, they look like a university social team.

The Hunslet chap is on point with his post IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Think thats a bit harsh.

This is only the second game for them.

It was a wide pitch and gave Rangers extra space in the attack.

I think the tackling from rangers took a lot out of crusaders in the wrestle.

Its a team of genuine welsh lads and people need to be patient.

Rangers have a lot of pace.

Amateur teams are better than people give them credit for.

Train just as hard as some of league one teams.

 

 

 

 

Wasn't meant to be harsh - was just saying what I saw from the vid that was put up. After Fearnothing explained what demographic the team was made up from (after the initial suggestion by you it was a reserve grade side) I agreed the scoreline was kind of understandable under those circumstances. And you don't need to tell me about how hard amateur teams work - I'm very well versed in that respect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Celt said:

Harsh?? Really? Look at the score that makes it '44' to Manchester.... Jack Mccarthy is the scorer. The 'tackling' is truly laughable. 

Literally, they look like a university social team.

The Hunslet chap is on point with his post IMO.

They beat Chorley the weak before and Chorley Panthers are not a bad team.

Chorley got narrowly beaten by Wigan St Judes.

Let see how they go this week against Wigan St Judes this week.

59 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Wasn't meant to be harsh - was just saying what I saw from the vid that was put up. After Fearnothing explained what demographic the team was made up from (after the initial suggestion by you it was a reserve grade side) I agreed the scoreline was kind of understandable under those circumstances. And you don't need to tell me about how hard amateur teams work - I'm very well versed in that respect. 

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/article/Ulverston-set-to-face-North-Wales-Crusaders-reserves-in-NW-Mens-League-c43b251a-e303-47a7-82cc-108087434cc4-ds

https://northwalescrusaders.co.uk/volunteer-head-coach-required-crusaders-reserves/

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/crusaders-run-reserves/

 

Only going off what was in the initial press releases at the start of the season.

 

Edited by TheLegendOfTexEvans
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

They beat Chorley the weak before and Chorley Panthers are not a bad team.

Chorley got narrowly beaten by Wigan St Judes.

Let see how they go this week against Wigan St Judes this week.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/article/Ulverston-set-to-face-North-Wales-Crusaders-reserves-in-NW-Mens-League-c43b251a-e303-47a7-82cc-108087434cc4-ds

https://northwalescrusaders.co.uk/volunteer-head-coach-required-crusaders-reserves/

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/crusaders-run-reserves/

 

Only going off what was in the initial press releases at the start of the season.

 

Yes so I think the term reserves makes people think of the wider NW Crusaders first team playing squad that maybe aren't getting a first team run out at the moment - but actually the articles talk about a pathway into the Crusaders squad from this community team. As I say, once I realised it was meant in that respect the scoreline didn't seem so bad. It was when I believed this to be reserve players from the first team playing squad that I was shocked, with no disrespect intended, they'd been hammered by a NWML Div 2 side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yes so I think the term reserves makes people think of the wider NW Crusaders first team playing squad that maybe aren't getting a first team run out at the moment - but actually the articles talk about a pathway into the Crusaders squad from this community team. As I say, once I realised it was meant in that respect the scoreline didn't seem so bad. It was when I believed this to be reserve players from the first team playing squad that I was shocked, with no disrespect intended, they'd been hammered by a NWML Div 2 side. 

To my knowledge I don't think you can dual register players in league one and amateur games.

May be this should be an option going forwards in the future.

Our lack of a reserve set up in the game is an issue for developing a pipeline of talent coming through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

To my knowledge I don't think you can dual register players in league one and amateur games.

May be this should be an option going forwards in the future.

Our lack of a reserve set up in the game is an issue for developing a pipeline of talent coming through.

It was talked about in the NCL but rejected at a vote I believe. 

I did think it odd a reserve side would be allowed to play in a community league but the info I've found out since then explains the set up NW Crusader have 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

It was talked about in the NCL but rejected at a vote I believe. 

I did think it odd a reserve side would be allowed to play in a community league but the info I've found out since then explains the set up NW Crusader have 😊

I wonder if the NCL might even be too tough for the League One teams to run reserve sides.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I wonder if the NCL might even be too tough for the League One teams to run reserve sides.

 

I think it was championship clubs as well and the proposal was slightly different. It was to allow players that weren't playing first grade to play at their community (NCL) clubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I think it was championship clubs as well and the proposal was slightly different. It was to allow players that weren't playing first grade to play at their community (NCL) clubs. 

I suppose for someone like Leigh that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

They beat Chorley the weak before and Chorley Panthers are not a bad team.

Chorley got narrowly beaten by Wigan St Judes.

Let see how they go this week against Wigan St Judes this week.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/article/Ulverston-set-to-face-North-Wales-Crusaders-reserves-in-NW-Mens-League-c43b251a-e303-47a7-82cc-108087434cc4-ds

https://northwalescrusaders.co.uk/volunteer-head-coach-required-crusaders-reserves/

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/crusaders-run-reserves/

 

Only going off what was in the initial press releases at the start of the season.

 

WIgan St. Judes reserves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see a club playing out of a good facility , playing some nice rugby and a good online presence .

Nottingham Outlaws getting themselves a long lease are things looking up a little for the amateur game , weathers looking ok for weekend as well , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, henage said:

Good to see a club playing out of a good facility , playing some nice rugby and a good online presence .

Nottingham Outlaws getting themselves a long lease are things looking up a little for the amateur game , weathers looking ok for weekend as well , 

Positive news with the Outlaws.  Good luck to them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Online 28 Jun - July 2018

Rugby League World - July 2018 - Out Fri 29 Jun

Rugby League Books On Sale Here