Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moorside roughyed

Hull KR

I know the Keighley game is only just finished but next Sunday we have a small matter ,Hull kr.Yes it's challenge cup time.Me personally I'd be happy if we could just score whether it be drop goal,penalty or try .All the boys have to do is have a right good go at them,thats it. I'll be cheering them on that's for sure.

• Like 2

This is what the challenge cup means to me. 

Roughyed 34 is there a family likeness.???

images.jpeg

I think its the ears

Edited by clifford
  • Like 1

I think that this is the programme for the semi against kr when the train went passed station road, we were on the verge of the final 

RL-Challenge-Cup-Semi-Final-Replay-HULL-KR-v.jpg

• Like 3

Just a good performance, no injuries will do for me. Good crowd and good atmosphere. Score doesn't really matter, on paper we will probs ship a few points, depends what side HKR put out... but it's the cup and who knows? No matter what, the lads will give 100% and will be applauded as ever for their efforts. It's a long shot to win, great to welcome a SL club to the Bridge next weekend. Hope it's a good,fair match with a decent ref ?

• Like 2

When you think this year is 90 years since oldham appeared in 4 consecutive finals. It really shows where we have now dropped to!

Herman Hilton was a massive star & international in that team  - Clifford you should be mighty proud!

!Seeing Addie Belle today reminded of of the semi final at Huddersfield when he scored against Wigan.

My Dad who is 90 said tonight, if we could just get to Wembley, one last game,.......

It will never happen, but how many  old timers  will still be clinging to this dream

• Like 3

7 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Just a good performance, no injuries will do for me. Good crowd and good atmosphere. Score doesn't really matter, on paper we will probs ship a few points, depends what side HKR put out... but it's the cup and who knows? No matter what, the lads will give 100% and will be applauded as ever for their efforts. It's a long shot to win, great to welcome a SL club to the Bridge next weekend. Hope it's a good,fair match with a decent ref ?

Decent ref in rugby league!I doubt that very much.?

• Like 1

I am extremely proud of him, and I am proud of everyone who has worked for the club supported the club and who have had an association with the team.

My granddad uncles and dad did not see Oldham at Wembley despite all the finals they saw. 

One day it will happen but that day is in the distance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roughyed1064 said:

See sir garry Schofield's predicting an Oldham win on Sunday,not like him that.

Well, it's the challenge cup.Thats the beauty of it. I'm sure the boys will give 100%.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roughyed1064 said:

See sir garry Schofield's predicting an Oldham win on Sunday,not like him that.

Sir Garry didn't even return to hospitality at Vestacare after Keighley had lost last week. In fact none of the Keighley guests did! 

• Sad 1

Really strong HKR squad announced. Good to see a fairly full strength side selected. Be a tough ask to get near these but the lads will give it a good go im sure. Fingers and toes crossed for another cup upset, realistically I think HKR will win,but should be a good day at the Fold none the less.

Up the Yeds!

IMG_20180420_131809.jpg

• Like 1

Oooo! that could be good, we are away at Whitehaven, and no bus going, if I don't drive up there, I might become an honorary Roughyed for the day, I like Bower Fold.

Whatever I decide, I wish you guys luck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

22 minutes ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Oooo! that could be good, we are away at Whitehaven, and no bus going, if I don't drive up there, I might become an honorary Roughyed for the day, I like Bower Fold.

Whatever I decide, I wish you guys luck.

You'll be more than welcome mate, don't let them hornet's know.You won't hear the end of it.?

• Like 1

On 15/04/2018 at 10:03 PM, clifford said:

I think that this is the programme for the semi against kr when the train went passed station road, we were on the verge of the final 

RL-Challenge-Cup-Semi-Final-Replay-HULL-KR-v.jpg

Goodness this brings back memories. First the last gasp drop goal at Headingly to take us to a reply :  then onto Swinton and the unassailable lead in extra time, only to be scrubbed out because of bad light : and then the gut wrenching conclusion at Huddersfield.  Sport can be very cruel to an Oldham fan.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, parigby said:

Goodness this brings back memories. First the last gasp drop goal at Headingly to take us to a reply :  then onto Swinton and the unassailable lead in extra time, only to be scrubbed out because of bad light : and then the gut wrenching conclusion at Huddersfield.  Sport can be very cruel to an Oldham fan.

It was absolutely heartbreaking.

Funny how things stick in your mind but all these years later I still have a mental picture of Geoff Robinson going alone for the try line and being tackled when he could have passed to Geoff Sims to put him over in the corner.

Edited by john in oz
More information
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Double edged sword this game. Don't want to get hammered but at the same time don't want to get injuries and lose heart. The important games are in the league.

Indeed it is.A balancing act of the club making a few quid against players being unnecessarily injured and knackering our season up.I just hope they can enjoy the experience and do themselves justice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yed17 said:

Agree with posts above. Looking for us to put in a good shift and pick up no injuries. A win will be an amazing bonus ;)

23 minutes ago, Haxbytyke said:

Good luck today. Be a big boost for League 1 if you and/or the Knights could pull off a what would undoubtedly be a big big shock. Fingers crossed.

A win by any lower league club will always be great,us especially.Good luck to all of the smaller clubs.Lets do some giant killing(I hope).

• Like 2

More often than not, an higher division side will beat a lower division side. So why do match officials think they need to assist them? For my sanity, please could someone tell me what the penalty count was today?

• Like 1