Sign in to follow this  
Michael Ashton

Raiders v Toronto

The general coverage of the Raiders from anywhere is pathetic.

There is virtually nothing on this Forum but at one time it was worth reading.

My main grouse is with Radio Cumbria. I cannot make the Toronto game but what about RC. Nothing available on online but on the radio there is coverage on AM. For the second week John Gibson is giving lead commentary to the Whitehaven game and had Haven last week as well. Surely we are the senior club this season and should have more than feeble summaries for the Fev game last week an Toronto this week.

I think Radio Cumbria should let us why we are continuing to be second class. Barrow Bluebirds certainly aren't treated like the Raiders.

The latest score I think is 12-10 to Barrow.

Edited by Michael Ashton

I’m with you Rooster, it gets tedious the constant whining about officials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some people seem to go just to give the officials stick for 80 minutes, painful to listen to. Good game today, could easily have been a win. Turning point for me was 2 players going off with what looked like head injuries a few minutes apart, the team seemed to lose their way a bit after that.

1 hour ago, Michael Ashton said:

Final result  Lost 16-12 but it seems to have been a cracking match. Gate was about 1100.

It seems that nobody is going to put comments on here.

I think we have finished up with a worthless forum, where most of the remainders simply want to stir things up, I have better things to do,  and places to put my point of view.

So vet, rooster, raidersrus, you'll agree the ref was one of the best officials seen here for a long time? On the game, 17 warriors on the pitch giving one of the best performances seen in a long time. At the end the ref was booed off and the team given a standing ovation. Well done Barrow. If Toronto are a  Super League side i'll eat my canoe.

• Like 1

Alba, sorry your feeling so down mate, but to stir things up is what a forum is about. It's the raison detre. There is no such thing as a worthless forum. Sport/life is about opinions and views. If your saying there doesn't seem to be as many people posting here as there used to be and we are left with a few remainers, I actually agree with you, which I find strange. Compare the club now to where it was four seasons ago. This forum should be bouncing, or is it because we have become so much more successful, that some people can't find an excuse to moan? People are strange. Don't give up. I've valued your past contributions. We'll agree, disagree, but it will all be for the good of BRLFC. What did you think of today's game? Bet your talking about it tomorrow. Come on, talk about it here.

• Like 1

Guess the 3 posters (the vet, rooster2003, raidersrus) were not at the game, and I guess the 1100 who were there, got it wrong to boo the referee and his assistants off at full time:banghead:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, renfrew refugee said:

Guess the 3 posters (the vet, rooster2003, raidersrus) were not at the game, and I guess the 1100 who were there, got it wrong to boo the referee and his assistants off at full time:banghead:

No the 3 posters would call the 1100, the usual suspects.

• Haha 2

Yes I was at the game, my original post kind of says that. The ref got a couple of calls wrong both ways, at the end of the day they get one chance to see things so will always make the odd mistake. Did the officials deserve the booing on their way off? Imo no way, but I don't wear blue and white tinted glasses like the majority. Like someone else said all 17 players gave their all and that is all you can ask for.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

To hold the Wolfpack to just 16 points with their full time rosta of ex NRL and ex super league players is a monumental effort from the recently promoted part timers of Barrow. Very well done , the 1100 Barrow supporters are certainly getting their money worth this season. I believe it could have been much better had the man with the whistle not bottled it early in the second half with the O'brien decision. Just hope the team isn't too much busted , looking at the fixture list May , early June is a big 6 weeks for Barrow with Batley , Sheffield,Swinton, Rochdale and possibly the re-arranged Dewsbury game ( 13th may) coming up.

• Like 2

HI.  I came to visit and find out the scoop as all we got in Canada was a twitter feed which of course tells us almost nothing.

I get an impression reading the comments above:

- Barrow played well

- TWP played poorly

- Ref - whom I thought from reading the TWP feed as it noted several tries called back might have ruled poorly against TWP, in fact may have put a stopper into the Barrow efforts.

I am only asking as I have no info on what transpired other then the TWP twitter.  No disrespect intended to either team or anyone on the forum.  Just seeking some neutral observations from anyone who might have been there.

Edited by Captain Survival

17 minutes ago, alba said:

No the 3 posters would call the 1100, the usual suspects.

Are you ok Alba. Bad day?. Get an early night, might do you good old bean

17 minutes ago, TMF said:

Alba, sorry your feeling so down mate, but to stir things up is what a forum is about. It's the raison detre. There is no such thing as a worthless forum. Sport/life is about opinions and views. If your saying there doesn't seem to be as many people posting here as there used to be and we are left with a few remainers, I actually agree with you, which I find strange. Compare the club now to where it was four seasons ago. This forum should be bouncing, or is it because we have become so much more successful, that some people can't find an excuse to moan? People are strange. Don't give up. I've valued your past contributions. We'll agree, disagree, but it will all be for the good of BRLFC. What did you think of today's game? Bet your talking about it tomorrow. Come on, talk about it here.

TMF you have got it wrong, It was a brilliant game, the raiders were magnificent, their defence gets better every game, the team spirit unbelievable, I agree this forum used to be great, and I love discussing the games, its just the stupid backstabbing, there are lots of people I disagree with and your right that's what forums are about, and if we could cut out the personal attacks it may be good again.

• Like 2

Personally don't think TWP played poorly, was a real good game where both sets of players let rip at each other. One thing that does surprise me is considering they're a full time squad they don't seem as fit as you would expect. At times in attack the pace was there for all to see but by the end Barrow seemed just as fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

TWP posted the following on their website (abridged):

Toronto Wolfpack beat Barrow Raiders in the 5th Round of the Challenge Cup in a hard fought battle at Craven Park. ... The game was a tense end-to-end battle with some incredible last gasp defending from both teams

10 minutes ago, Captain Survival said:

HI.  I came to visit and find out the scoop as all we got in Canada was a twitter feed which of course tells us almost nothing.

I get an impression reading the comments above:

- Barrow played well

- TWP played poorly

- Ref - whom I thought from reading the TWP feed as it noted several tries called back might have ruled poorly against TWP, in fact may have put a stopper into the Barrow efforts.

I am only asking as I have no info on what transpired other then the TWP twitter.  No disrespect intended to either team or anyone on the forum.  Just seeking some neutral observations from anyone who might have been there.

Captain survival, Toronto played well, they are very fast, and scored two lovely tries, and pulled off a brilliant drop out, I think the difference of the two teams is the team spirit of barrow, who seamed to wear down the wolf pack forwards, and it was unusual to see Toronto slowing the game down

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rooster2003 said:

Are you ok Alba. Bad day?. Get an early night, might do you good old bean

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

See Alba, it's not a worthless forum, even you're joining in, lol. Sometimes it's not back stabbing. it's just banter. Don't take it personally. Sometimes i get hammered here. Do I care? Hey, COYR.

Thing about this forum is that message boards are old school and platforms like Facebook and Twitter are more easily accessble to the masses

So which one would you like us to use to keep the forum going? From an old schooler on TRL, which is actually the one used by the majority of RL fans.