Sign in to follow this  
deluded pom?

Happy St George’s Day

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Happy St George’s Day to all you Canucks who know when the Irish equivalent is but don’t know about ours.

I don’t think I knew this was a holiday. Happy St George’s Day! We do have a subway station named after him!

Would have been poetic if York City Knights had slain the Dragon(s) yesterday but they sure gave it a go..Up the Kneets!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

I don’t think I knew this was a holiday. Happy St George’s Day! We do have a subway station named after him!

The Northern Irish and the Scots get a holiday on their patron saints day but us and the Welsh don’t :negative:

I have a created a monster, that was my last Happy St-Patrick's Day on a forum for sure.

Happy Sant Jordi to all Catalans, specially the political prisoners.

And happy St-George's day for all Canadians who are proud of their English roots and to all our (real) English friends of course.

image.png.5b3308cfa139969b0f20dac0e7edeaed.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, manu266 said:

I have a created a monster, that was my last Happy St-Patrick's Day on a forum for sure.

Happy Sant Jordi to all Catalans, specially the political prisoners.

And happy St-George's day for all Canadians who are proud of their English roots and to all our (real) English friends of course.

image.png.5b3308cfa139969b0f20dac0e7edeaed.png

Hey, I didn't see TWP send out a message for the St. Jean de Brébeuf day (Canada's patron saint) on October 26 :wink:.

Bad news coming out of Toronto. Just got a news update about nine deaths and sixteen injured after a van mounted the pavement at Yonge St and Finch Avenue.

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Bad news coming out of Toronto. Just got a news update about nine deaths and sixteen injured after a van mounted the pavement at Yonge St and Finch Avenue.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all across the water at this time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2018 at 4:51 PM, ojx said:

Hey, I didn't see TWP send out a message for the St. Jean de Brébeuf day (Canada's patron saint) on October 26 :wink:.

I didn't see one either for St-Jean-Baptiste Day today. Nor from DP. Sad...

DgdYTeWUwAAGxqN.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Isn’t that for French Canucks? 

Yes minus Acadians (they have their own national day) and also celebrated by some French New Englanders.

Acadia (roughly today nova Scotia, new Brunswick and northern Maine) and new France (Quebec) were considered 2 different French colonies, so they have their different traditions and cultures. They were also lost to the English in 2 different wars, therefore Acadians received a much more violent treatment from the English.

French new Englanders are mostly Acadians and Quebecois who moved south in the 19 and early 20 century.