Sign in to follow this  
glemiln

Another loss..

..16-38, but hopefully at least a better performance?  Appears we had  a few on-field injuries too.

The upcoming matches will be a real test of character.

A 12 pt loss down the left edge to start again,Very vulnerable there,teams know it and we have to play catch  up from the start

Are we already relegated? 

I honestly think with the current set up we are just waiting to be, I just don't see where a run of wins is coming from.

Having watched them both away from Spotland Sheffield and Swinton are better teams, both are actively recruiting and have better dual reg players coming in than Rochdale.

I've watched Hornets all season and we've been consistently poor, the rugby is really poor. I dont lay the blame all at the feet of the coaching staff as the players just aren't performing but a big part of this I understand is because the relationship between players and coach is non existent. Therefore the pull that Hornets has to new players is greatly reduced 

We where clearly better than last week and we played well in patches but Sheffield were to good and we got bullied up the middle at times.

They where big men and made 10 or so yards every carry as our first tackle never seemed to work, if that failed they always had a man to offload to. And basic rugby failed us again as we never tackled below the waist. Also to many silly penalties again left us doing a lot of work that could have been avoided and its the same story over the last couple of months.

Some of the players we have recruited this season are not pulling their weight, both Adamson brothers are not bringing the championship quality or experience I had hoped they would. David Allen isn't doing enough for a player of his experience he isn't showing any leadership or just stand out play.

The next few weeks leading up to the summer bash are critical Dewsbury and Batley are big games not to mention swinton at the bash, I think we will know where we are at the end of this period, if I was the board or the coaching staff I would start to plan our next season according to where we are after this. 

I thought Hewer was particularly garbage,should retire as soon as.Hewer, McMullen, Grant,Straw,you can write off our chances as soon as you read the name.

3 hours ago, The Lad said:

We where clearly better than last week and we played well in patches but Sheffield were to good and we got bullied up the middle at times.

They where big men and made 10 or so yards every carry as our first tackle never seemed to work, if that failed they always had a man to offload to. And basic rugby failed us again as we never tackled below the waist. Also to many silly penalties again left us doing a lot of work that could have been avoided and its the same story over the last couple of months.

Some of the players we have recruited this season are not pulling their weight, both Adamson brothers are not bringing the championship quality or experience I had hoped they would. David Allen isn't doing enough for a player of his experience he isn't showing any leadership or just stand out play.

The next few weeks leading up to the summer bash are critical Dewsbury and Batley are big games not to mention swinton at the bash, I think we will know where we are at the end of this period, if I was the board or the coaching staff I would start to plan our next season according to where we are after this. 

I know both Luke and Toby Adamson have been trying to get away, shame because I honestly thought they were good signing's for you, especially Toby. 

2 hours ago, mickhornet said:

I thought Hewer was particularly garbage,should retire as soon as.Hewer, McMullen, Grant,Straw,you can write off our chances as soon as you read the name.

So you blame the referee,have you ever thought it might  be your coaches tactics?

18 hours ago, mickhornet said:

Come on Mick the constant referee bashing is cringworthy. This is part of our problem its always somebody else's fault.

Edited by ormskirknet

imo they are not fit, they were greeted with loud boos from our fans, the team was warmly applauded.Whether you were there are not I don't know.Hewer showed not the slightest interest that's just my opinion of course. And quite a few others.

On 01/05/2018 at 6:51 PM, mickhornet said:

What do you do or who do you blame when you finally run out of referees?

• Haha 1

On 01/05/2018 at 9:48 PM, graham fisher said:

I know both Luke and Toby Adamson have been trying to get away, shame because I honestly thought they were good signing's for you, especially Toby. 

They never seem happy where they are do they? Is it the club where they are at or possibly something else?

Wasted talents I suspect.

Look on the bright side - two poor teams can provide exciting fare within our own limited area of abilities and I think it will be closer on Sunday than some of my compatriots think.

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, graham fisher said:

So did I but they have not fulfilled what I believe they have promised  and it is a shame because with all that championship and super league experience  I thought they would do more, I think it will be a hard game this Sunday.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, mickhornet said:

imo they are not fit, they were greeted with loud boos from our fans, the team was warmly applauded.Whether you were there are not I don't know.Hewer showed not the slightest interest that's just my opinion of course. And quite a few others.

How long are we going to blame the ref? at the end of the day we are our worst enemy some of the penalties we gave away where terrible and we need to look at ourselves rather than shifting the blame, yes the ref was poor but we gave away to much possession and territory.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2018 at 8:48 PM, graham fisher said:

So you blame the referee,have you ever thought it might  be your coaches tactics?

I’d happily have Toby back at Dewsbury, Luke always thinks he bigger then any club he’s at.

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, The Lad said:

So did I but they have not fulfilled what I believe they have promised  and it is a shame because with all that championship and super league experience  I thought they would do more, I think it will be a hard game this Sunday.

How long are we going to blame the ref? at the end of the day we are our worst enemy some of the penalties we gave away where terrible and we need to look at ourselves rather than shifting the blame, yes the ref was poor but we gave away to much possession and territory.

Did u go today?

What a great game with a great ref.

Well done Hornets, a demonstration on how to be tenacious and work very hard for victory- and the ref has nothing to do with the final outcome.

11 hours ago, mickhornet said:

What a great game with a great ref.

Congratulations on your win yesterday.

Can't agree with both  your points.

Great game? Two very poor teams, it's just that you wanted it more than us.

Great referee? He was shocking for BOTH team's.

Good luck rest of season.

10 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Congratulations on your win yesterday.

Can't agree with both  your points.

Great game? Two very poor teams, it's just that you wanted it more than us.

Great referee? He was shocking for BOTH team's.

Good luck rest of season.

Not shocking at all imo,very fair,although you would say that as you lost.

1 hour ago, mickhornet said:

Not shocking at all imo,very fair,although you would say that as you lost.

He was much better than last week's ref, when you lost then ? ;) Congratulations on the win, with that kind of heart you could yet survive. With the kind of heart the Rams showed, we won't. :sad:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

He was much better than last week's ref, when you lost then ? ;) Congratulations on the win, with that kind of heart you could yet survive. With the kind of heart the Rams showed, we won't. :sad:

23 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

If Gareth Hewer had been the ref you would probably have won.Some of your fans chanted CHEAT, CHEAT .obviously not satisfied with Mr Mikalauskas.

5 hours ago, mickhornet said:

If Gareth Hewer had been the ref you would probably have won.Some of your fans chanted CHEAT, CHEAT .obviously not satisfied with Mr Mikalauskas.

Some of our fan's chant that even when we win. But isn't it marvelous when you win the referee had a good game. I could point out a few incidents but I won't because I don't want to take anything away from your win, enjoy.

I don't think it was a coincidence that the team performed better in the match they were missing some of the bigger names! The young lads who've been given there shot are giving everything and it's refreshing to see, fingers crossed they keep catching a shirt 

• Like 2