Sign in to follow this  
Pigeon Lofter

Penalty restart and ten meter advantage?

I've just been watching my first amateur RL game in almost forty years,with the televised Wigan St. Pats v Thatto Heath on FreeSports. Last time I watched amateur RL was on Clapham Common in 1981 when Ealing were playing London Colonials.....a long time ago!

Anyway,on to today.....several times,when awarded a penalty for rough play,the aggrieved side advanced 10m from where the infringement occurred ,with play stopped, and resumed their attack with a tap at that point and a reset tackle count. No kick to touch,but a ten meter advantage given.

Is this a new rule,and only for amateur RL?  I don't remember seeing it before. Thanks.

Probably cant kick due to houses , river , road etc been to close to the pitch . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

I've just been watching my first amateur RL game in almost forty years,with the televised Wigan St. Pats v Thatto Heath on FreeSports. Last time I watched amateur RL was on Clapham Common in 1981 when Ealing were playing London Colonials.....a long time ago!

Anyway,on to today.....several times,when awarded a penalty for rough play,the aggrieved side advanced 10m from where the infringement occurred ,with play stopped, and resumed their attack with a tap at that point and a reset tackle count. No kick to touch,but a ten meter advantage given.

Is this a new rule,and only for amateur RL?  I don't remember seeing it before. Thanks.

Lots of grounds have limitations due to roads nearby, or other sports ongoing at same time. So if a penalty is given, there are given 10yd gain and the game restarts with a tap.

To be honest 10m is pretty poor, and maybe should be increased.

HW

• Thanks 1