Sign in to follow this  
cookey

New Grounds.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

What's the latest on Wakefield? From what I can work out they're not happy about something happening at the new development.

I'm assuming they don't know for sure where they'll be playing next season yet. (Most likely still at Belle Vue but wasn't the plan to move out this year for it to be redeveloped?)

Haven’t heard anything else about Wakefield. Wasn’t there another issue about funding? 

When are Cas meant to be getting their new ground? Driven past it a few times in the past 6 months and nothing’s changed apart from a few containers and flags put up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fevtom said:

What's the latest on Wakefield? From what I can work out they're not happy about something happening at the new development.

I'm assuming they don't know for sure where they'll be playing next season yet. (Most likely still at Belle Vue but wasn't the plan to move out this year for it to be redeveloped?)

Read previous post page 10 from wholly trinity. Letter from mp to council tells you all.

Developer refusing to build anything or give a penny and he has put two fingers up to council .

No stadium best thing wakey can do is leave city and try to remand in another location. By the way,that will not be Fev

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fevtom said:

What's the latest on Wakefield? From what I can work out they're not happy about something happening at the new development.

I'm assuming they don't know for sure where they'll be playing next season yet. (Most likely still at Belle Vue but wasn't the plan to move out this year for it to be redeveloped?)

Council inept or corrupt in letting a company with close working relationship to the council make millions from land that only got planning due to community stadium.  

Up the Trin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Read previous post page 10 from wholly trinity. Letter from mp to council tells you all.

Developer refusing to build anything or give a penny and he has put two fingers up to council .

No stadium best thing wakey can do is leave city and try to remand in another location. By the way,that will not be Fev

 

If Wakey leave the city though what happens then? Obviously moving to Fev or Cas would be giving in to the council so if they move to Dewsbury let’s say what happens then? Are Wakefield Councul that bothered about Trinity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

If Wakey leave the city though what happens then? Obviously moving to Fev or Cas would be giving in to the council so if they move to Dewsbury let’s say what happens then? Are Wakefield Councul that bothered about Trinity?

Don,t think council are, but Peter box the council leader hates the club and wants to see the end of trinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

If Wakey leave the city though what happens then? Obviously moving to Fev or Cas would be giving in to the council so if they move to Dewsbury let’s say what happens then? Are Wakefield Councul that bothered about Trinity?

They won't be moving to Dewsbury - they burnt that bridge long since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Read previous post page 10 from wholly trinity. Letter from mp to council tells you all.

Developer refusing to build anything or give a penny and he has put two fingers up to council .

No stadium best thing wakey can do is leave city and try to remand in another location. By the way,that will not be Fev

 

We’ re not moving out of Wakefield we’re moving closer to City Centre, according to Sir Rodney Walker and council back in July.  Balne Lane fields. 

Up the Trin 

Edited by WakefieldCityLoyal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

We’ re not moving out of Wakefield we’re moving closer to City Centre, according to Sir Rodney Walker and council back in July.  Bourne Lane fields. 

Up the Trin 

I’ve heard about that, thought it was just a rumour. It’s close to the station but accessibility would be a problem I think

D824AB71-2C42-4081-B2D8-3F08D8E71EC2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

I’ve heard about that, thought it was just a rumour. It’s close to the station but accessibility would be a problem I think

D824AB71-2C42-4081-B2D8-3F08D8E71EC2.png

Ideal location can’t get better access than City Centre.  

Up the Trin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

We’ re not moving out of Wakefield we’re moving closer to City Centre, according to Sir Rodney Walker and council back in July.  Balne Lane fields. 

Up the Trin 

No we are not, this was another red herring to buy time. It was officially written off as unsuitable by the council a few weeks ago. They then went back to upgrading belle vue as the best option.. 

However we now all know we are not getting a penny out of yorkcourt or anyone else. A new stadium is dead in the water . 

There is no funding and no will from the council. Our time in the city is nearly up. To me I would fold the club altogether ,go out on an high and with dignity. An existence like those two once great clubs hunslet and swinton would be totally unacceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

We’ re not moving out of Wakefield we’re moving closer to City Centre, according to Sir Rodney Walker and council back in July.  Balne Lane fields. 

Up the Trin 

 

5 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

To me I would fold the club altogether ,go out on an high and with dignity.

Looks like we’ve got both ends of the optimism spectrum here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

I’ve heard about that, thought it was just a rumour. It’s close to the station but accessibility would be a problem I think

D824AB71-2C42-4081-B2D8-3F08D8E71EC2.png

The people making millions and people allowing them to make millions without fulfilling their obligations to build or contribute to the community stadium, which because of the promised community stadium is the only reason they’re able to make millions need throwing in that big building at the bottom of that picture.

 Up the Trin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A view of one of the stands at York community stadium, looking towards Monks Cross. 

york-community-stadium-tour-stand-1300x724.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Headingley South Stand seats were used for the first time today in a union game vs Bedford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, M j M said:

The Headingley South Stand seats were used for the first time today in a union game vs Bedford.

All 2 of them, for one man and his dog? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DoubleD said:

All 2 of them, for one man and his dog? 

Haha, they've already started taking down the temporary north stand I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

The situation at Wakefield is tantamount to fraud, it wants to be highlighted in the courts 

 

 

Unfortunately not enough people give a 5hit for that to happen.

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

The situation at Wakefield is tantamount to fraud, it wants to be highlighted in the courts 

 

 

Well, Wakefield have threatened several times and at one point announced that they were taking legal advice, but haven't yet. Wonder why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Well, Wakefield have threatened several times and at one point announced that they were taking legal advice, but haven't yet. Wonder why?

You haven't been following developments, have you?

Legal action is very much on the cards now - it depends on the WMDC response to the most recent planning application for the Newmarket site.

If WMDC approve it, the Trust will take them to Judicial Review.

If WMDC don't approve it, the threat is the developer will take them to court.

Either way, the SoS becomes involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dboy said:

You haven't been following developments, have you?

Legal action is very much on the cards now - it depends on the WMDC response to the most recent planning application for the Newmarket site.

If WMDC approve it, the Trust will take them to Judicial Review.

If WMDC don't approve it, the threat is the developer will take them to court.

Either way, the SoS becomes involved.

The council will initially reject it but it will be over-turned in court. Yorkcourts solictors know they have this in the bag on technical grounds, it’s all part of the long game. Pains me to say it but unless we accept a low scale Belle Vue upgrade the club is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 8:40 PM, M j M said:

The Headingley South Stand seats were used for the first time today in a union game vs Bedford.

And what did the wingers make of them?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Well, Wakefield have threatened several times and at one point announced that they were taking legal advice, but haven't yet. Wonder why?

Simple reason is money and the lack of it.

Same with the council. They don't have the cash to defend an appeal should they reject this planning application. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dboy said:

You haven't been following developments, have you?

Legal action is very much on the cards now - it depends on the WMDC response to the most recent planning application for the Newmarket site.

If WMDC approve it, the Trust will take them to Judicial Review.

If WMDC don't approve it, the threat is the developer will take them to court.

Either way, the SoS becomes involved.

We'll see. Any link?

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Simple reason is money and the lack of it.

Same with the council. They don't have the cash to defend an appeal should they reject this planning application. 

So not clear cut as we're supposed to believe then? If it was, it wouldn't even reach court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday