Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Krzzystuff

Alpha Wars! Wolfpack vs. Wolves

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

No central funding for us, no prize money, we pay for travel and tv production, we pay our own travel as well and we help all the teams with their marketing of games vs. us...for free.

Look up a division at your local clubs to see who's trying to take money away from the RFL and lower clubs, we don't even want a slice of the SKY funding once in SL. 

You're either trolling or very very uniformed.

Oh almost forgot the 250,000 quid we paid to enter league 1.

silverback.....just wondering why the "Sad" emojii response to this post?  You don't think it's true or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

silverback.....just wondering why the "Sad" emojii response to this post?  You don't think it's true or something?

not really its just the more i read the more it sticks of buying fame, dont get me wrong if you had say 10 home grown players in the squad i could understand it a bit more, i just love the idea of maybe fev/fax or even york getting a crack at this after maybe 15 years a work and trying for a chance at the top table, we can only wish for an handfull a the player quality you have but when i look at the batley fellas after after all the on and off the pitch work of last 50 years whats happening with tw might be fantastic for the game, hell you might even give the rhinos some pain next year but it dont feel right for us oldtimers,, i might be alone in this but when you have a natter with other fans they aint all in love with the idea, as for the costs all well and good then but i am told theres plenty of costs that you dont cover, that might be a good thing as if you pay for everything then you sure have bought into the top table and anyone else with a few mill can do just the same, am sure there will a few more bumps along the way on your trip to the top so all the best and enjoy it fella.:superman:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silverback said:

not really its just the more i read the more it sticks of buying fame, dont get me wrong if you had say 10 home grown players in the squad i could understand it a bit more, i just love the idea of maybe fev/fax or even york getting a crack at this after maybe 15 years a work and trying for a chance at the top table, we can only wish for an handfull a the player quality you have but when i look at the batley fellas after after all the on and off the pitch work of last 50 years whats happening with tw might be fantastic for the game, hell you might even give the rhinos some pain next year but it dont feel right for us oldtimers,, i might be alone in this but when you have a natter with other fans they aint all in love with the idea, as for the costs all well and good then but i am told theres plenty of costs that you dont cover, that might be a good thing as if you pay for everything then you sure have bought into the top table and anyone else with a few mill can do just the same, am sure there will a few more bumps along the way on your trip to the top so all the best and enjoy it fella.:superman:

A genuine thanks for responding with your take on things.  I recognise that there a gazillion points of view out there on the whole TWP venture/experiment/initiative (take your pick), and I respect yours, and I also respect the opinions of all the other oldtimers (as you put it) too. TWP is not yet even 2 years old but it is like a breath of fresh air on the Toronto sports scene. Those of us who have "discovered" TWP are thankful for their arrival and we are just enjoying the ride/journey for now, wherever it may lead us all.....the fans and the Club.  As you state, there will be a few more bumps along the way, and if the venture does not work out, then c'est la vie as they say. But one of many results will be that probably about 20,000 converts to RL will have been secured in Canada. Also TWP will have "shaken things up a bit" in the Heartland and they will certainly have provided a target/foil for many opinions to be aired and discussed during their existence, however long that may be.  If TWP fold, then the Heartland can get back to doing the same old same old that it has been doing for ~130 years.  Thanks again.   C.H.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, krakauer said:

yep.

image.png.cee53935e99b94eed4fdab0e8bcd0844.png

but don't worry it's just a temporary thing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Scott Lidbury, this will be on Sportsnet Now.

Hoping there is a pub that can stream this on their TV. 

Edited by Michael1812
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, timmysauce said:

I was just looking on the Sportsnet schedule on their website and I see they added the Wolfpack vs. Wolves game on SN 360 at 10:00 am Sunday morning!!!!

Kick off is 10:30?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant - 3B here I come...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to watching it on 360. Hopefully if enough people watch it, it will be on Sportsnet again, although its up against multiple premier league soccer games and two world hockey championship, it will be tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked last night and it's only $4 to add to my package on Bell.  I'll do that for a 'pay-per-view' ;)

It'll add one to the viewing figures at least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I though 360 was part of the standard package, didn't realize it was like SNW and was a specialty channel. Rogers makes you pay for the whole package to get it so screw you Rogers! Dreams are crushed!

anyone know if you can pvr stuff on iptv?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bullish Giant Rhino said:

Is the plan next season to have 11 away games and then 11 home games? Same as this year but actually hosting all scheduled home games in Toronto? Thanks 

No.

We will still likely have to start off with a big block of away games because of the weather though. It's just the norm for Toronto teams. TFC always start the season on the road for awhile before a home game in late April early May.

i guess we can schedule games earlier and the just cancel them because of weather but that just seems silly. Nothing like summer rugby in February right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

No.

We will still likely have to start off with a big block of away games because of the weather though. It's just the norm for Toronto teams. TFC always start the season on the road for awhile before a home game in late April early May.

i guess we can schedule games earlier and the just cancel them because of weather but that just seems silly. Nothing like summer rugby in February right? 

So how is the answer to my question a no? Sounds very much like a yes to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bullish Giant Rhino said:

So how is the answer to my question a no? Sounds very much like a yes to me

Is the plan next season to have 11 away games and then 11 home games?

Answer is no.

maybe you forgot your question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bullish Giant Rhino said:

So how is the answer to my question a no? Sounds very much like a yes to me

I expect something like 6 games away to start the season, then back & forth in smaller blocks. Just my guess. Unless we find an indoor stadium that makes sense (and the Rogers Centre with 50,000 is not a reasonable option yet), it would be foolish to schedule any games in Toronto in February or March. April is a bit risky, but there could well be great weather then. This year we had a terrible ice storm in mid-April, and we have snow at some point in April most years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

I expect something like 6 games away to start the season, then back & forth in smaller blocks. Just my guess. Unless we find an indoor stadium that makes sense (and the Rogers Centre with 50,000 is not a reasonable option yet), it would be foolish to schedule any games in Toronto in February or March. April is a bit risky, but there could well be great weather then. This year we had a terrible ice storm in mid-April, and we have snow at some point in April most years.

 

there were a slew of games cancelled i the UK for bad weather this year and a few that went ahead in bad weather because they couldn't cancel any more. if we schedule in April but have to cancel 1-2 it will be a massive disservice for traveling fans because they have to book ahead of time. makes sense not to  book until early May at the earliest. Ideally they move the season to start later in the next TV negotiations and restructure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...