Sign in to follow this  
The Baron Mk11

Mark Wynn to Stand Down

Mark Wynn is to stand down as Chairman of Rochdale Hornets at the AGM next month according to a statement on the clubs official website.

I for one would personaly like to thank Mark for the sterling work he has put into the club over the period of his tenure and am sorry to see him leave. His tenure covered the most successful period in the clubs history.

Thank You Mark.

He leaves in the same manner as he entered casting clouds over others which has always been his down fall and why the club lacks people to back them and also one of the reasons why full occupancy of Executive boxes has now gone to zero.

He made a conscious choice to alienate people.

He says in his statement that the former administration had debts of around 850k. Well I suppose “around” allows for the trebling of the actual figure but of course he knows this. It makes the tale sound better.

Pro-rata in his 9 years at the helm he was well on target to blitz the former debt – he would have done that well within 15 years.

Good luck to the regime I know that there are people that will be willing to assist with Sponsorship etc.

The original Gang of Seven became 0 within a decade – what a testament to their predecessors that did 40 years plus.  

I wish the new board every success – not easy this running a rugby club lark.

On another note surely Mayfield and Hornets should have avoided clashing with each other Tomorrow.

1 hour ago, excolt said:

If its that successful, why walk away? 

Ten seasons is a long time - especially in a fan-owned co-op. Someone else's go now.

This is starting to get worrying, first there is the Keighley chairman now Rochdale's chairmen packing it in, I wonder if it is owt to do with that last big meeting of the clubs the other week. 

7 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Mark Wynn is to stand down as Chairman of Rochdale Hornets at the AGM next month according to a statement on the clubs official website.

I for one would personaly like to thank Mark for the sterling work he has put into the club over the period of his tenure and am sorry to see him leave. His tenure covered the most successful period in the clubs history.

Thank You Mark.

The most succesful period in the clubs history?  Not sure where you get that from....challenge cup win, lancashire cup wins, john player final, bbc 2 final, competing with the big names at the highest level, not the third tier. I have  picture on my wall of a player receiving the challenge cup and he is wearing red, white and blue.

Have you ever heard of the names Jack Corsi, or Kel Coslett, or Frank Myler or in terms of Chairmen, Jack Grindrod?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

The most succesful period in the clubs history?  Not sure where you get that from....challenge cup win, lancashire cup wins, john player final, bbc 2 final, competing with the big names at the highest level, not the third tier. I have  picture on my wall of a player receiving the challenge cup and he is wearing red, white and blue.

Have you ever heard of the names Jack Corsi, or Kel Coslett, or Frank Myler or in terms of Chairmen, Jack Grindrod?

Yes, I played him in "It's In The Blood"

3 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Yes, I played him in "It's In The Blood"

Yes you did,i watched it at Oldham library.Had a cracking evening.

• Haha 1

Some eye watering figures are being banded around regarding the cash that is required to see out the season, let alone continue long term.

However there does seem to be some positive dialogue taking place and the relations with other clubs seem to have improved almost immediately. Given that RL in Rochdale has a small but loyal fan base the divisions that were encouraged need repairing as a priority.

Formal links with the Hopwood Hall Rugby League Academy also need developing as soon as possible - this should have been done 10 years ago.

The Spotland Stadium situation is however is a bigger worry given that the crown jewels were handed over without so much as a whimper.

The mess will certainly take some fixing both in terms of finance and the structure of the club.

• Like 1

As a Swinton Lions fan I have heard it suggested that your club is unfortunately in a financial pickle.I don’t know the ins and outs but I have a genuine fear for your club.

11 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

As a Swinton Lions fan I have heard it suggested that your club is unfortunately in a financial pickle.I don’t know the ins and outs but I have a genuine fear for your club.

Funny that, are you sure Swinton are solvent?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

Funny that, are you sure Swinton are solvent?

As far as I know things have got better off the field but it is still a case of there is not much money around 

2 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

As far as I know things have got better off the field but it is still a case of there is not much money around 

15 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

Why are you spreading rumours then?

2 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

It always worries me how Adam Bates spent such short a time at Hornets, did he see something he didn’t want to be associated with?

He got another job,AGM July 7 the Arena are you going ?

He walked into another job, yeah what 9 months after he walked in to Spotland full of enthusiasm, so must have applied after 6 maybe? 

I have no intention of attending the AGM, I have existing commitments personally and in local rugby this season so dont have the time to commit to the mystery that is the Hornets board.

Ive read the minutes of the last AGM and considering this was around the same time as players and staff were asked to take a pay cut and sponsors had pulled out there is no mention of it. Very off putting for someone new to walk in to an environment.

What skeletons are hiding in the closet for next seasons board to find.

The major problem is that any potential investors are not being told anything it is all being kept a secret - I thought it was now a club of the people.

If there is nothing to hide the Chairman should issue a detailed statement regarding the position of the club - financially.

The position of the Club regarding Spotland

The position of the Club regarding the Coaching Staff

The position of the Club regarding Governance

3 hours ago, Hornets Nest said:

The major problem is that any potential investors are not being told anything it is all being kept a secret - I thought it was now a club of the people.

If there is nothing to hide the Chairman should issue a detailed statement regarding the position of the club - financially.

The position of the Club regarding Spotland

The position of the Club regarding the Coaching Staff

The position of the Club regarding Governance

Well we know the position regarding Spotland, we have the remainder of a 25 year lease.

The position regarding the coaching staff is an unknown, we don't know what is in Alan Kilshaws mind.

The position regarding governance, when the exiting CEO made his statement he said "all rent is paid, all tax is paid".

I suggest you go to the AGM on July 7th and ask the questions.

2 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Well we know the position regarding Spotland, we have the remainder of a 25 year lease.

The position regarding the coaching staff is an unknown, we don't know what is in Alan Kilshaws mind.

The position regarding governance, when the exiting CEO made his statement he said "all rent is paid, all tax is paid".

I suggest you go to the AGM on July 7th and ask the questions.

"What is in Alan Kilshaws Mind" ?

I would have thought given the performances the Board may also have a view on this matter. You highlight my point perfectly in terms of the rudderless ship. In terms of Governance my point relates the day to day business of the club.

As this thread indicates the Chairman is about to use his parachute - so who is running the shop.

As for creditors - there are some.

On 6/18/2018 at 12:34 PM, Heywood Tiger said:

It always worries me how Adam Bates spent such short a time at Hornets, did he see something he didn’t want to be associated with?

He mostly didn't want to be associated with a daily commute from Chesterfield after his wife gave birth to a new baby.