Sign in to follow this  
glemiln

Transformation certainly on hold!

Recommended Posts

After last Sunday's heroics, today's 10-48 loss (8 tries) was certainly a downer - for all long suffering fans and probably to our Championship status if allowed to continue.  Those of you who endured this can fill in the details, if you haven't forgotten them already!   The importance of the next few fixtures could not have been clearer on the challenge and performances needed.  It will be a long, wasted season if our performances only stretch to an occasional victory - I reckon we now need about 9 wins total to avoid relegation.  Clearly, the injury situation hasn't helped.  This is a very tough Championship in which we need to compete with too many inexperienced players, or it seems not enough experience ones coming together collectively for the cause enough of the time.  This week's club announcements signalled changes ahead - how, and in which direction remains to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have watched rugby league since 1964 and i have never seen it organised as poorly as it is now. What a farce pro teams against semi pro teams, new clubs against established clubs absolutley ridiculous. Hornets now find themselves in the middle of it all, they have to concede the none winable games and it becomes a 3  team league. I thought Hornets, Swinton Sheffield but now its Dewsbury instead of Sheffield. So its another good hiding next week then 2 cup finals against Swinton. What a total mess the RLF have made of things. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly Excolt, the RFL's lack of clarity (fup) on next season's league format is inexcusable, especially near half-way through this season. Focus on the Toronto & all things north American, the Super greed power grab and a 'proposal' to remove money from league 1 clubs - not very helpful!  A solely semi-pro set-up, 1 or 2 leagues below whatever's above, please - bring back integrity to RL.

Meanwhile, we have to obtain consistency of performance, even if we lose, but hopefully not as badly as today (at home) - points difference may well affect whatever the final situation reveals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The time we spent in the championship made me realize what a lopsided sport this is.As was alluded to, semi professional outfits competing against full time on a regular basis.What a joke,take about a level playing field.The game itself is farcical.No wonder people are walking away,its a joke.And if funding is altered as mentioned god help us all.Rugby league is in a mess,the RFL have made a right town halls of it.Well that's my view of it anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, glemiln said:

After last Sunday's heroics, today's 10-48 loss (8 tries) was certainly a downer - for all long suffering fans and probably to our Championship status if allowed to continue.  Those of you who endured this can fill in the details, if you haven't forgotten them already!   The importance of the next few fixtures could not have been clearer on the challenge and performances needed.  It will be a long, wasted season if our performances only stretch to an occasional victory - I reckon we now need about 9 wins total to avoid relegation.  Clearly, the injury situation hasn't helped.  This is a very tough Championship in which we need to compete with too many inexperienced players, or it seems not enough experience ones coming together collectively for the cause enough of the time.  This week's club announcements signalled changes ahead - how, and in which direction remains to be seen.

Maybe you should have stuck to same side as last week,the players that put their bodies on the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't detect any lack of effort from the Rochdale lads, and over the first 15-20 minutes deserved to be leading. I thought the introduction of Ward gave the 'Dogs some additional momentum, and soon the floodgates were open.

The Rochdale ty in the second half was superb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

I didn't detect any lack of effort from the Rochdale lads, and over the first 15-20 minutes deserved to be leading. I thought the introduction of Ward gave the 'Dogs some additional momentum, and soon the floodgates were open.

The Rochdale ty in the second half was superb.

It was a belter yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2018 at 9:47 PM, graham fisher said:

Maybe you should have stuck to same side as last week,the players that put their bodies on the line.

Middlehurst Injured from last week. Hatton injured from last week. Lepori and Hurst not available for personal reasons. Dave Allen due back on Saturday, but failed a fitness test. We're busted to £*ck at the moment. DRs, loanees and kids holding the ship together

Edited by Hornetto
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2018 at 6:02 PM, glemiln said:

After last Sunday's heroics, today's 10-48 loss (8 tries) was certainly a downer - for all long suffering fans and probably to our Championship status if allowed to continue.  Those of you who endured this can fill in the details, if you haven't forgotten them already!   The importance of the next few fixtures could not have been clearer on the challenge and performances needed.  It will be a long, wasted season if our performances only stretch to an occasional victory - I reckon we now need about 9 wins total to avoid relegation.  Clearly, the injury situation hasn't helped.  This is a very tough Championship in which we need to compete with too many inexperienced players, or it seems not enough experience ones coming together collectively for the cause enough of the time.  This week's club announcements signalled changes ahead - how, and in which direction remains to be seen.

It's not for a lack of effort from all involved. We are absolutely crippled with injuries right now. Kids who look like they've come straight from their paper-round playing hardened pros. We lost two more players from last week's side with injuries  - and an experienced player due back failed a pre-match fitness test. And we had Lepori and Hurst out for personal reasons.
 

Everyone is giving everything, but we're hanging on at the moment - showed what a phenomenal effort last week was. 

It's easy to pontificate from a distance, but a lot of people are  working their nuts off to keep this ship afloat - and we need all hand to the pumps at the moment.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here