Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Oxford

Indigenous Round

Recommended Posts

I don't like stuff like an indigenous round but some of the kits of the NRL clubs for this are magic, and why they don't use them all through the season and then have a transportation round is beyond me.

But what could we do here that would get us kits like those?


  Job's worth, job's worth more than my job's worth         

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a side issue the shirts the officials have worn in these rounds have reflected the rounds the one in the Anzac round was impressive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

On a side issue the shirts the officials have worn in these rounds have reflected the rounds the one in the Anzac round was impressive 

Thanks I meant to mention the ref  shirts which were in marked contrast to some of the CBA club shirts on offer.

Along with the Transportation round they could have a ten quid round.

Edited by Oxford

  Job's worth, job's worth more than my job's worth         

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really what youre getting at I know but I remember Hull having a Sid Domic designed shirt one year in that "indigenous" style. Think it was a magic shirt.

Edit: This one. 2014 apparently but it seems longer ago than that.

2014-hull-fc-rugby-league-shirt-adults-2

Edited by MZH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MZH said:

Not really what youre getting at I know but I remember Hull having a Sid Domic designed shirt one year in that "indigenous" style. Think it was a magic shirt.

Edit: This one. 2014 apparently but it seems longer ago than that.

2014-hull-fc-rugby-league-shirt-adults-2

FYI - these symbols are people. There are also waterholes on the shirt.

 

CCB10B91-F632-46FC-B2A0-4DCD585ABD32.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heritage round Celtic, Roman, Anglo-Saxon and Norman designs would do do it, I did find some examples from a modern tee-shirt company but they lacked a lot!


  Job's worth, job's worth more than my job's worth         

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My club the Titans have fantastic colours, yet we have far too many ###### jerseys.

The Indigenous jersey is marvelous, as are many of our Indigenous jerseys.

This one was designed by Preston Campbell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Oxford said:

... and why they don't use them all through the season and then have a transportation round is beyond me.

Surely “Transportation Round” was dead and buried after the Stobart Super League saga?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Why don’t you like “stuff” like an indigenous round?

The intention is nice but a bit more than lip service is required it's a personal thing and I don't expect anyone to share it .... sort of like Mother's Day or How about being nice to your Mother all year, it's a lot to ask I know.

The point about the kits is also it's one way, and a very easy one, to mark out our sport in the market place.


  Job's worth, job's worth more than my job's worth         

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MZH said:

This one. 2014 apparently but it seems longer ago than that.

Excellent kit!


  Job's worth, job's worth more than my job's worth         

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Heritage round Celtic, Roman, Anglo-Saxon and Norman designs would do do it, I did find some examples from a modern tee-shirt company but they lacked a lot!

Northumbrians, Brigantes, Iceni, Fwyllengi, Ddaeruweng, and for most who identify as English "Offcumdens", oh and Essex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

Northumbrians, Brigantes, Iceni, Fwyllengi, Ddaeruweng, and for most who identify as English "Offcumdens", oh and Essex.

I identify English as a system of historical heritage of settlers and stealers without who we wouldn't be here so thanks to ancestors, and use what they left to sell TGG. Maori (black) v Frankish Blue, blanc, Rouge) Symbols and designs.

Now that's a World Cup worth thinking about!

North American Indian designs v Inuit symbols!

  • Confused 1

  Job's worth, job's worth more than my job's worth         

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I identify English as a system of historical heritage of settlers and stealers without who we wouldn't be here so thanks to ancestors, and use what they left to sell TGG. Maori (black) v Frankish Blue, blanc, Rouge) Symbols and designs.

Now that's a World Cup worth thinking about!

North American Indian designs v Inuit symbols!

What about Lancashire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...