Yesterday we had the fabulous documentary then full coverage of Cas v St. Helens good build up. Today build up, full coverage and it’s well over running they are changing the schedule for the cup draw! I nearly fainted, long, long overdue but they are actually putting Rugby first!!!

im overwhelmed!!

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Yesterday we had the fabulous documentary then full coverage of Cas v St. Helens good build up. Today build up, full coverage and it’s well over running they are changing the schedule for the cup draw! I nearly fainted, long, long overdue but they are actually putting Rugby first!!!

im overwhelmed!!

I wonder how much of that is due to Toronto's presence in the game and their rise toward SL?

Edited by Big Picture

1 minute ago, Big Picture said:

I wonder how much of that is due to Toronto's presence in the game and their rise toward SL?

Must have had a bearing but we, d better not knock it

I've always preferred The BBC's coverage of any sporting event.  

If we weren't all tight sods chelping about 12 quid a month for a TV License, we could enjoy more sport, professionally presented and without adverts.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I've always preferred The BBC's coverage of any sporting event.  

If we weren't all tight sods chelping about 12 quid a month for a TV License, we could enjoy more sport, professionally presented and without adverts.

I’m with you on the adverts . Just absolute killers on channels nowadays . I really enjoyed just settling down and watching the masters on bbc2 without adverts every five minutes 

• Like 1

Absolutely right.

That said, the BBC would be within their rights to be narked at how long the match overran by. If half-ime had been as long as it is in a Sky game, it would have been a struggle to get the draw in even with an extra half hour.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Absolutely right.

That said, the BBC would be within their rights to be narked at how long the match overran by. If half-ime had been as long as it is in a Sky game, it would have been a struggle to get the draw in even with an extra half hour.

But shouldn't they factor in the possibility of Golden Point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Picture said:

I wondered if not having an overwhelmingly northern fixture helped.

Certainly better coverage today than I expected.

BBCs coverage is certainly better than Sky’s these days. That’s something I never thought I’d say

Excellent coverage. 10/10. Two cracking games, well done the Beeb, which is not something I ever thought got I'd say !

• Like 2

To be honest I still think the bbc could do far better, it’s a fast game and you must need fast skills to show key moments with shorty punch replays; look at the first drive in by Simms in the Wolves game.. just as the contact was going to be made the camera panned out giving no sense of the force of the collision.....we also had no replay or any real excitement in the voices of the commentators.

these things help to show our game off as a fast full contact sport with great skill and I have never thought that has been captured on the bbc.

the first game of the weekend the sound from the crowd was nearly non existent again an opportunity missed to put over the passion of the game , it was just middle aged men commentating calmly on what we are trying to sell as a fast paced , brutal , skilful game.

i have said for many years that the RFL should be looking at every aspect of improving our game and they should review with the tv companies ways of getting the product across better

16 hours ago, Padge said:

But shouldn't they factor in the possibility of Golden Point. 

How would that work - infinite RL coverage?

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

How would that work - infinite RL coverage?

That’d do me, although no doubt some RL fans would still complain 😉