Sign in to follow this  
TheLegendOfTexEvans

Rugby League in Cleveland

I went to Cleveland the other week. They're properly sports mad, there.

Interesting hearing about the difficulties of transitioning from one sport to another.

3 hours ago, MrPosh said:

Horribly starved of success too. The Browns make Wakefield look like Real Madrid in comparison.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MZH said:

Horribly starved of success too. The Browns make Wakefield look like Real Madrid in comparison.

Although the Cavs are just about the most successful team of the last decade or so - which seems to be, funnily enough, the team that the people want to talk about.

1 hour ago, MrPosh said:

Although the Cavs are just about the most successful team of the last decade or so - which seems to be, funnily enough, the team that the people want to talk about.

They have had some success since James went back to them (about 4 years ago I think). They won the NBA in 2016 and that was the first time a Cleveland team had won one of the big 4 championships in about 50 years iirc.

20 hours ago, MrPosh said:

True, but the Boro losing to Aston Villa in the play-offs may have dampened local spirits for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MZH said:

They have had some success since James went back to them (about 4 years ago I think). They won the NBA in 2016 and that was the first time a Cleveland team had won one of the big 4 championships in about 50 years iirc.

The Cleveland Indians last won the World Series in 1948,they have been American League winners four times since though .They lost to the Chicago Cubs in the WS in 2016.The Cubs last won in the 1900's before that.

Back in the 80s, there was an american football team based in the Middlebrough area called the Cleveland Bays.

Some of my mates at Whitby RUFC played for them. I think it only lasted about 2 or 3 years.