Magic Weekend Crowd

Super League have posted a tweet saying: 

With just East Stand tickets left for Weekend & Saturday tickets @daciauk #MagicWeekend don't miss out!

So does that mean East Stand tickets are sold out except for Weekend tickets? I doubt it, but that's how it sounds...

DdVfS5DW0AUIK9S.jpg
1 reply . 11 retweets 15 likes
Retweet

Direct message

Well the only thing I find on the link is one Martyn Sadler saying they are flogging tickets for a tenner tomorrow (today)

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Followed t'other link.

WEEKEND & SATURDAY TICKETS

Milburn Stand – SOLD OUT

Gallowgate End – SOLD OUT

Leazes End – SOLD OUT

East Stand – Limited availability

SUNDAY TICKETS

Tickets currently available in all areas of the stadium

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I assume they have a couple of thousand left in the East making it possible for that to sell out but not worth opening the top tier for maybe a couple of hundred overspill.

Wonder what this crowd would deliver though, iirc they did open the top tier the year they got 40k.

Is this concept to be continued by the Super League clubs,as I seem to recall it was the brainchild of the RFL?

Does anyone know if Messrs Lenagan and Pearson wish to continue it?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

According to the website there appears to be less than 1,000 left on Saturday but it looks like they don't want to open the top tier at all.  I wonder if that is putting anyone off.

Sales are a bit slower on Sunday but they have been shifting fairly quickly in the last couple of weeks.

13 minutes ago, themainbrace said:

According to the website there appears to be less than 1,000 left on Saturday but it looks like they don't want to open the top tier at all.  I wonder if that is putting anyone off.

Sales are a bit slower on Sunday but they have been shifting fairly quickly in the last couple of weeks.

Having been on the 7th Floor of the Milburn Stand without lifts, and a view of the North Sea in 2015.

No, it doesn't put me off.

Not for the first time in the RL world the ticketing system appears to be a bit of a shambles.

I don' believe Sunday has sold out on three sides (the press release just a couple of days ago said there was availibility in all areas), but now you can;t get tickets in three of ths stands, and in fact the graphic does not allow me to click on any area and select a ticket.

So according to the site, Sunday is sold out as it is impossible to get a ticket.

4 hours ago, Newcastle Thunder said:

Over 3,500 tickets sold for tonight’s game against Bradford Bulls! If your in the area please get down to Kingston Park and support it.

looks like the lower bowl of the st james is pretty much sold out for Saturday so a 36,000 crowd is on the cards and Sunday selling well

Do you happen to know the capacity of the open areas? I believe the ground was 36k before expansion, but it looks like the middle tier is larger than then, meaning that the open capacity may be higher than the 36k?

I also think we have three stands with unreserved seating which will reduce the capacity somewhat in those areas.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Not for the first time in the RL world the ticketing system appears to be a bit of a shambles.

I don' believe Sunday has sold out on three sides (the press release just a couple of days ago said there was availibility in all areas), but now you can;t get tickets in three of ths stands, and in fact the graphic does not allow me to click on any area and select a ticket.

So according to the site, Sunday is sold out as it is impossible to get a ticket.

Leazes East Corner is available on the Sunday; supposedly just 159 tickets left, which is less than Saturday (currently showing around 750)… 

27 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Leazes East Corner is available on the Sunday; supposedly just 159 tickets left, which is less than Saturday (currently showing around 750)… 

Yeah, wont allow me to select it.

58 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Lower than 2015 and 2016 but higher than 2017. Third best Saturday attendance. 

Considering that novelty value will have worn off by now, that is a very strong result.

Brilliant atmosphere today. Shame the games were all a bit one sided! Some great pubs in Newcastle especially Lady Grey's,Crown Posada,Mean Eyed Cat and Trent Tavern. Will be trying some more later today.

19 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Lower than 2015 and 2016 but higher than 2017. Third best Saturday attendance. 

What attendance should the RFL be aiming for? ATM they seem content with getting 65-68K over the weekend. Would be great if we could get 70k this year and next year aim for 40k on each day 

13 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

What attendance should the RFL be aiming for? ATM they seem content with getting 65-68K over the weekend. Would be great if we could get 70k this year and next year aim for 40k on each day 

The struggle is always the Sunday. I think the only way to maximise the attendance is to have it on a Bank Holiday weekend to encourage more to attend for the Full Day on Sunday without the worry of work the next day (for the majority of us)

Given the rival attractions of the wedding, football and boxing I think that's a pretty creditable day 1 attendance. It's probably the right tactic to make day one the stronger lineup and really go for it, a more even spread risks both days being a bit off. 

Newcastle's too far for me, so I'd love one a bit further south, but I can see the fans are having a great time at SJP. 

32 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The struggle is always the Sunday. I think the only way to maximise the attendance is to have it on a Bank Holiday weekend to encourage more to attend for the Full Day on Sunday without the worry of work the next day (for the majority of us)

I agree, and don't have the championship and League 1 play that weekend. In fact you could have a championship game on Saturday and Sunday. This year you could have had Toronto v Toulouse on Saturday and Fev V Leigh on Sunday 

Archived