Sign in to follow this  
hunsletgreenandgold

If we did.....would we be the first?

If we can go on and win the NCL Prem title this year will we be the first team to get back to back promotions from Div 3 to Prem and win all the leagues in a row?

Fully appreciate I might get the wrath of some who will see this as an example of our perceived arrogance, but genuinely don't know the answer and if it would be some kind of NCL record? 

Cheers 

Yes you would as Div 3 was only created in 2013. 

Kells and Pilks went from Div 3 to the prem (Kells winning all three divisions and Pilks being runners up) but neither win the prem the next year 

Will be a tremendous achievement and a testimony to the hard work thats gone on at your club since expulsion (not meant in a derogatory way at all) to get back on the right track. Been at the club a fair bit as my ex Mrs family are involved in the old boys club. Its a great set up for everything that goes on there not just the rugby. Also was great that sky bet gave odds of 4/1 when you first came into division 3 to win it! Needless to say i had a few people setting accounts up and gave the maximum 20 to each I could put on it! They obviously didnt do their homework ha!

• Like 1

It would be a great feat BUT nothing is won in May and I’m sure the players firmly have their feet remained on the ground.

on tv this week too which I’m sure most teams around will be watching the game just to see how good you boys really are..no pressure!  

• Like 1

I wouldn't say it's arrogance, confidence in what you have achieved so far yes, nothing wrong with that, if you do win the league then it's fully deserved you don't win it over a few games, I'm hoping West Hull will stop your unbeaten record though in a couple of weeks time I thought we gave you a good game at your place result could have gone either way so expecting the same intensity next time, good luck for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, AC3 said:

Yes you would as Div 3 was only created in 2013. 

Kells and Pilks went from Div 3 to the prem (Kells winning all three divisions and Pilks being runners up) but neither win the prem the next year 

Also Wath Brow Hornets when they first entered the NCL, 

• Like 1

40-6 isn’t a bad performance the lads have day jobs family’s and also often work Saturdays too I bet..

im sure the lads will be on form at west hull after a weeks R&R...

you blowing their trumpet all the time then ripping into them doesn’t make good reading..you can’t play well every week

15 hours ago, BIGMAN10 said:

40-6 isn’t a bad performance the lads have day jobs family’s and also often work Saturdays too I bet..

im sure the lads will be on form at west hull after a weeks R&R...

you blowing their trumpet all the time then ripping into them doesn’t make good reading..you can’t play well every week

Hahaha give over! hardly ripping into them by saying a poor performance was a poor performance. I'd also add these were very much the sentiments of the players after the game, so this is an informed opinion. 

Can't argue with results,I think Hunslets arrival into the premier division was probably ideal for them with big guns like Siddal,Wath Brow,West Hull and Mayfield losing top players and being in a bit of a rebuilding phase.

Edited by Davo5

18 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Can't argue with results,I think Hunslets arrival into the premier division was probably ideal for them with big guns like Siddal,Wath Brow,West Hull and Mayfield losing top players and being in a bit of a rebuilding phase.

Definitely - all good clubs go in cycles and it's certainly been to our benefit that some of the strongest sides all appear to be going through a rebuilding phase all at the same time. We'll be in the same position ourselves in about 2 to 3 years I would imagine. 

• Like 2