Sign in to follow this  
audois

Elite 1 Round 17

St Esteve-XIII Catalan 54-6 Lezignan

Avignon 32-22 St Gaudens

Albi 24-37 Carcassonne

Palau 34-42 Limoux

Toulouse Olympique Broncos 10-40 Villeneuve/Lot

St Esteve relentless. Lost the earlier game at Lezignan who now playing catch-up with Cardace injured and Pomeroy returning to Warrington. However still with three antipodeans and a trio of Frenchmen who have played Super League – so the margin of the winners victory significant. Catalans average age 23 yrs and eight players who have played with the Dragons and now undefeated since the first week of February. FCL off the pace now with the two leaders and just two games to play.

Title holders Limoux pushed all the way by Palau side in Perpignan look now the only team to burst the Dragons reserves balloon. Elima’s lads claimed a defensive bonus point and still in the chase for a qualification spot with Albi and St Gaudens losers. However with talisman Marginet rumoured England bound - a huge loss. The Canaris win at Albi continues their mini resurgence as they climb to 5th – Palau at Domec next weekend.

Edited by audois
  • Like 2

I guess he's played in the championship a couple of times before (Fev & Sheffield?)

23 hours ago, JonM said:

I guess he's played in the championship a couple of times before (Fev & Sheffield?)

He played a few SL games with the Dragons too in 2011. Some thought he would take over from Stacy Jones but never really happened. Maybe a bit older and wiser now - but good on him always chancing his arm.

I got my Palau Broncos kit over the weekend so I am taking credit for their bonus point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Villefranche coach has thrown the towel in. Those in charge of the Aveyron club haven't been able secure the necessary funding to make the step up to Elite 1.

The Federations AGM is on 9th/10th June at Barcares. Be interesting to see what overall changes will be made.Presume the next season will start earlier than this one  - maybe early October.

See that the French coach Aurlien Colongi travelled to the Magic weekend with the Dragons party. Keen to make contact with both Shaun Wane and Justin Holbrook in particular. Needs their co-operation regarding availability for Tricolores demanding autumn schedule

Edited by audois
  • Like 2