Sign in to follow this  
The Future is League

Barba move shut down

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Is this article to suggest that players and coaches will be seeing out their full contracts from now on?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s definitely under contract for next year too, although that’ll probably offer very limited protection where NRL clubs are concerned.

I’m very happy with this statement from McManus. It might not change much in terms of what will happen with Ben for next year, but it’s great to see him passionately fighting our corner and stressing that there are many advantages to this very successful relationship between player and club continuing.

I’m a tad concerned that all this speculation will become a distraction, but to be fair to Ben he’s done nothing to encourage it other than by continuing to play superbly. I believe he’s made it clear that he won’t decide on his future until later in the year.

I’m sure most of us are expecting him to return home next year, but whatever happens it’s an absolute pleasure to have him. Surely one of the finest players ever to have donned the red v.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Wouldn't that be nice

Not at all. We want him back urgently 😆 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Not at all. We want him back urgently 😆 

Opposition fans may get the opportunity to wave goodbye to him at the end of this season season, wearing his cylinders medal, GF winners ring and holding the MOS, Harry Sunderland & Lance Todd trophies ;-) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Opposition fans may get the opportunity to wave goodbye to him at the end of this season season, wearing his cylinders medal, GF winners ring and holding the MOS, Harry Sunderland & Lance Todd trophies ;-) 

 

Or, in a world where such arrogance is not rewarded, he might not end up with any of those things.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Or, in a world where such arrogance is not rewarded, he might not end up with any of those things.

 

Hemmings would be distraught, I don't think I could put up with the outpouring of grief.

Side note. Loved john Wells comment about man of the match at magic. "Hope its not Barbar, sick of hearing about him and sick of talking about him."

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way he is being lauded at the moment you would think he has won every team and individual honour possible. As far as I can recall, he hasn't won anything. He's a good player, playing in a good side at the moment, but let's see how good he is when Saints have a dip in form, which will happen, just like it happens for every team.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

The way he is being lauded at the moment you would think he has won every team and individual honour possible. As far as I can recall, he hasn't won anything. He's a good player, playing in a good side at the moment, but let's see how good he is when Saints have a dip in form, which will happen, just like it happens for every team.

Are you not enjoying watching him play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Are you not enjoying watching him play?

Of course, but I'm not willing to hand over every possible award in the game to him quite yet. If that's OK?

He's played 15 games, so I'm not sure if the Knighthood is nailed on yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jim Prendle said:

Of course, but I'm not willing to hand over every possible award in the game to him quite yet. If that's OK?

He's played 15 games, so I'm not sure if the Knighthood is nailed on yet.

Just checking that you weren’t being overcome by the weight of your cherry tinted glasses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Just checking that you weren’t being overcome by the weight of your cherry tinted glasses.

 

I don't wear those anymore. It's a long time since I was 14 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Saints look forward to your money offer, or a money offer with a player swap :smile:

I’m sure they will be. I would be happy to offload Gal and Lewi at the end of this season, or even a straight swap right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I’m sure they will be. I would be happy to offload Gal and Lewi at the end of this season, or even a straight swap right now.

Saints will want some cash as well as players. Probably about $100,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Saints will want some cash as well as players. Probably about $100,000

What they want and what they get as they say...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

What they want and what they get as they say...

That works both ways. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, Sports Prophet said:

I’m sure they will be. I would be happy to offload Gal and Lewi at the end of this season, or even a straight swap right now.

The way the Sharks dumped him i serously doubt he would ever want to go back there anyay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

The way the Sharks dumped him i serously doubt he would ever want to go back there anyay

Sharks is his choice of destination

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently he's happy in the UK, not being so in the goldfish bowl of Australia and being able to wander about without making headlines. Family has really settled too and he feels he owes saints for backing him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

The way the Sharks dumped him i serously doubt he would ever want to go back there anyay

Quite the opposite.  The Sharks kept him close to the Club, offered him support to cure his drug habit.  After that gesture, Barba then took the opportunity to play RU in France.  

Imo McManus is holding out for a transfer fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 1:48 AM, Sports Prophet said:

What they want and what they get as they say...

If they encourage him to break his contract they can't complain if some of their contracted players break their contracts. Its 2 way thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2018 at 10:21 PM, Saint Toppy said:

Opposition fans may get the opportunity to wave goodbye to him at the end of this season season, wearing his cylinders medal, GF winners ring and holding the MOS, Harry Sunderland & Lance Todd trophies 😉

 

Yeah, but I bet he won't win Wimbledon, The Open or the Goal of the Season so he can't be that good ...... or is he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Online 25 May - June 2018

Rugby League World - June 2018 - Out Fri 25 May

Rugby League Books On Sale Here