Sign in to follow this  
The Future is League

Barba move shut down

6 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Is this article to suggest that players and coaches will be seeing out their full contracts from now on?

• Like 1

He’s definitely under contract for next year too, although that’ll probably offer very limited protection where NRL clubs are concerned.

I’m very happy with this statement from McManus. It might not change much in terms of what will happen with Ben for next year, but it’s great to see him passionately fighting our corner and stressing that there are many advantages to this very successful relationship between player and club continuing.

I’m a tad concerned that all this speculation will become a distraction, but to be fair to Ben he’s done nothing to encourage it other than by continuing to play superbly. I believe he’s made it clear that he won’t decide on his future until later in the year.

I’m sure most of us are expecting him to return home next year, but whatever happens it’s an absolute pleasure to have him. Surely one of the finest players ever to have donned the red v.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Wouldn't that be nice

Not at all. We want him back urgently 😆 

24 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Not at all. We want him back urgently 😆 

Opposition fans may get the opportunity to wave goodbye to him at the end of this season season, wearing his cylinders medal, GF winners ring and holding the MOS, Harry Sunderland & Lance Todd trophies ;-) 

4 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Opposition fans may get the opportunity to wave goodbye to him at the end of this season season, wearing his cylinders medal, GF winners ring and holding the MOS, Harry Sunderland & Lance Todd trophies ;-) 

Or, in a world where such arrogance is not rewarded, he might not end up with any of those things.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Or, in a world where such arrogance is not rewarded, he might not end up with any of those things.

Hemmings would be distraught, I don't think I could put up with the outpouring of grief.

Side note. Loved john Wells comment about man of the match at magic. "Hope its not Barbar, sick of hearing about him and sick of talking about him."

• Haha 1

The way he is being lauded at the moment you would think he has won every team and individual honour possible. As far as I can recall, he hasn't won anything. He's a good player, playing in a good side at the moment, but let's see how good he is when Saints have a dip in form, which will happen, just like it happens for every team.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

The way he is being lauded at the moment you would think he has won every team and individual honour possible. As far as I can recall, he hasn't won anything. He's a good player, playing in a good side at the moment, but let's see how good he is when Saints have a dip in form, which will happen, just like it happens for every team.

Are you not enjoying watching him play?

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Are you not enjoying watching him play?

Of course, but I'm not willing to hand over every possible award in the game to him quite yet. If that's OK?

He's played 15 games, so I'm not sure if the Knighthood is nailed on yet.

Just now, Jim Prendle said:

Of course, but I'm not willing to hand over every possible award in the game to him quite yet. If that's OK?

He's played 15 games, so I'm not sure if the Knighthood is nailed on yet.

Just checking that you weren’t being overcome by the weight of your cherry tinted glasses.

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Just checking that you weren’t being overcome by the weight of your cherry tinted glasses.

I don't wear those anymore. It's a long time since I was 14 years old.

10 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Saints look forward to your money offer, or a money offer with a player swap :smile:

I’m sure they will be. I would be happy to offload Gal and Lewi at the end of this season, or even a straight swap right now.

13 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I’m sure they will be. I would be happy to offload Gal and Lewi at the end of this season, or even a straight swap right now.

Saints will want some cash as well as players. Probably about $100,000

13 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Saints will want some cash as well as players. Probably about $100,000

What they want and what they get as they say...

9 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

That works both ways. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, Sports Prophet said:

The way the Sharks dumped him i serously doubt he would ever want to go back there anyay

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

The way the Sharks dumped him i serously doubt he would ever want to go back there anyay

Sharks is his choice of destination

Apparently he's happy in the UK, not being so in the goldfish bowl of Australia and being able to wander about without making headlines. Family has really settled too and he feels he owes saints for backing him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Quite the opposite.  The Sharks kept him close to the Club, offered him support to cure his drug habit.  After that gesture, Barba then took the opportunity to play RU in France.  

Imo McManus is holding out for a transfer fee.

On 5/24/2018 at 1:48 AM, Sports Prophet said:

If they encourage him to break his contract they can't complain if some of their contracted players break their contracts. Its 2 way thing

On 5/21/2018 at 10:21 PM, Saint Toppy said:

Opposition fans may get the opportunity to wave goodbye to him at the end of this season season, wearing his cylinders medal, GF winners ring and holding the MOS, Harry Sunderland & Lance Todd trophies 😉

Yeah, but I bet he won't win Wimbledon, The Open or the Goal of the Season so he can't be that good ...... or is he?