22 Frenchmen experience Magic

TOXIII  10

Dragons 8

Plus Escare/Fages/Miloudi/Navarrete

Reported here this weekend:

Stade Toulousain - Top 14 quarter finals 18,800

TFC - Ligue 1 24,500

TOXIII - 30,000

* 80 years old Toulouse Olympique with years and years of crowds below 1,000 mark. Saturday was another world which ever way you look at it..

DdkfSnqWkAAZ86Y.jpeg

cover_1526825010.jpg

• Like 7

I was impressed with Miloudi again in his cameo. Real handful. I really hope he can keep himself out of trouble because he could become a real star for France and for SL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I imagine there were well under 30,000 there for the TO game but still great exposure for the French side. Their home games usually get around 1500 so this would need to improve greatly for super league but top division rugby in the same division (possibly) as Catalans would do wonders for their support. Isn't their capacity around 4000 though?

Are there any other French clubs likely to follow Cats and TO into the English league eventually? What level are the top Elite one sides playing at? 

8 minutes ago, fevtom said:

I imagine there were well under 30,000 there for the TO game but still great exposure for the French side.

I was just waiting for that haha.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

I was just waiting for that haha.

I don't mean to take anything away from either team playing, they put on a great show and being the earliest kick off of the day they were always likely to be the one people missed.

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

I don't mean to take anything away from either team playing, they put on a great show and being the earliest kick off of the day they were always likely to be the one people missed.

Fans would be coming in as the match progressed. I certainly got the impression that the crowd noise got louder as the second half of Toulouse/Toronto went on.

And while we would like to see every sold seat filled all day, four matches in a row is a lot, especially with hot weather. If I could afford to go, I'd try and get as much VFM for my ticket as possible, but probably would have gone out to stretch my legs (and drinking arm) at least a couple of times.

On 5/21/2018 at 2:25 PM, fevtom said:

Are there any other French clubs likely to follow Cats and TO into the English league eventually? What level are the top Elite one sides playing at? 

Some here reckon the Dragons reserve side presently could cut it at the bottom end of the Championship and possibly Limoux too. The other eight sides would be reasonably competitive with League 1 I think.

No chance of another existing club  doing what the Dragons/TO have done. Only new entities with teams joining forces would work as what happened in Perpignan with UTC. So a regional side representing Vaucluse-Provence based on Avignon and/or an Aude Cathare grouping based on Carcassonne. The latter has already seen the light of day playing the Dragons in warm-up games and drawing crowds of 6000. The District Council were even willing to put some money into the project but the local clubs seemed to walk away from it.

Edited by audois