Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

Kallum Watkins out for rest of season.

Real shame for him and England (dont really care so much about Leeds ;) ). Hopefully his rehab goes well and he is back firing next year.

There seems to have been a really bad spate of serious knee injuries lately.

• Like 1

Bad news for a real top drawer player and one I have a lot of respect for. 

Looked bad at the time though 

• Like 1

This is dreadful news for us Rhinos. Best player across the entire season for us so far, massively increased involvement as captain.

If we haven't resigned Keinhorst as is believed we're going to look like plonkers.

It sometimes seems the case the most innocuous looking incidents can do the most damage . So many long term and serious injuries , and again it highlights the brutally physical nature of our sport and what these guys go through to provide it 

• Like 1

Gutted for the lad...A proper fair playing professional. .. Get reet soon...

13 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

This is dreadful news for us Rhinos. Best player across the entire season for us so far, massively increased involvement as captain.

If we haven't resigned Keinhorst as is believed we're going to look like plonkers.

I thought Leeds had recalled him today?

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I saw a headline somewhere earlier today saying they had recalled him.

As for Watkins, he's been playing well, and kicking points pretty reliably too. Bad news for Leeds, but maybe an opportunity for someone new to make his name for England.

Edited by Futtocks

16 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Might have done I haven't checked. Seems he's far from certain to be a Leeds player next year though. 

Gutted for the lad. He has matured so much and at his peak.

Percival in for the Denver test and Bateman shift to right centre (to suit his passing game) :ph34r:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I saw a headline somewhere earlier today saying they had recalled him.

As for Watkins, he's been playing well, and kicking points pretty reliably too. Bad news for Leeds, but maybe an opportunity for someone new to make his name for England.

Yeah,I'm sure Bennett is lining up another 2nd rower to take his centre position.

Could this be the fatal blow to Leeds top four hopes? Do they have another reliable goal kicker? (I'm discounting Myler from the category of 'reliable')

As for England, Bennett will probably shift Elliot Whitehead out to the centres to partner Bateman...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Might have done I haven't checked. Seems he's far from certain to be a Leeds player next year though. 

Kienhorst has been recalled from Widnes.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Watkins should be back for next year.

The issue with Keinhorst is not that Leeds don't want to keep him - far from it. But he understandably wants to be playing week in week out and can also probably earn more elsewhere due to SC restrictions so he will probably leave and good luck to him.

Newman will be back next year from Leeds reserves and Alex Sutcliffe will also have a look in

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Bloody hell! More bad news. We need these guys. Same as we need FC and KR guys.

Really sad for him the Rhinos and England. Never confident we make the top four even less so now.

• Like 1

Sad news for a guy who is at the peak of his powers, and has really matured into a world class centre. Hopefully he can get back to his best next year.

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

Really sad for him the Rhinos and England. Never confident we make the top four even less so now.

And.................. What about the Challenge Cup, when Leigh are victorious on June 2nd at Leeds second home will we hear of Watkins as being the excuse😜

3 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Sad news for a guy who is at the peak of his powers, and has really matured into a world class centre. Hopefully he can get back to his best next year.

Granted he is playing it seems better than ever this season and he is most probably the best centre we have but that is in SL in position that is recognised as the one that this country is void to fill with quality players. To don the mantle of "World Class" he would need to be measured against better centre's week in week out, then he would show his true standing and "class"

Gutted for the lad was one of only a few Leeds players actually in form!

as an aside there does seem to be a lot of injuries lately, when was the last time there was a SL fixture where both trams had squad numbers 1-13 on the field at the start of a game?

12 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Gutted for the lad was one of only a few Leeds players actually in form!

as an aside there does seem to be a lot of injuries lately, when was the last time there was a SL fixture where both trams had squad numbers 1-13 on the field at the start of a game?

Very rare if ever that would happen, the squad numbers are given before the season starts, not only injuries, but form is a big reckoning in selection, for example take Danny Richardson at 18 and Regan Grace at 19 at Saints, can't imagine Matty Smith N° 7 or Adam Swift at N° 5 replacing them except in reverse i.e. if the two incumbents were injured.