Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

26-27 May: The Betfred Championship Summer Bash Match Thread

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

So why do so many of them spend 79 minutes a game telling the ref what to do?

True, but this isn’t a case of a ball coming loose and either side appealing for a ball steal or a knock on.

This is a blatant forgetting about the rules. Like if a try was scored and the ref tells the player to play the ball over the line ?.

Are you Stuart Cummings or Steve Ganson? Can’t work it out ??

Edited by Bullish Giant Rhino

Gutted that poor game management has again cost us an important match , we had the game won but poor decisions given our position gave the opposition a boost , Hutchenson with 4 minutes left putting a cross field kick was just madness , what would Danny mcGuire have done ? , a kick into touch on his near side , no doubt leaving his kick a tad late inviting a late tackle from an opposition player allowing him to give his team a couple of minutes to rest and get set

Even earlier with a 16 point lead and a kickable penalty , we decided to run the ball , whereas kick the 2 giving us the option of a drop goal to make it a 4 score lead

As for any other shenanigans , well that is how Paul coaches [ dont like the ' thug ' tag as it doesnt really apply to Leigh previously under Paul or Toronto , more just ' niggle ' as we saw with the Toronto players reactions to an Acton knock on , the ' head patting ' and shouting over reaction in players faces ]

Either way though the result is the result , puts us in the position of probably having to win in Toulouse to guarantee a top 4 spot now , i'd say we are chasing London and Fev [ not discounting Fax of course ] for that 3 rd or 4 th spot

Was happy to meet John the TWP fan who posts on here upstairs in the ' Manchester ' , hope you have a good flight home , you obviously enjoyed the win according to the pics on social media

On to leeds next week for a break

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bullish Giant Rhino said:

True, but this isn’t a case of a ball coming loose and either side appealing for a ball steal or a knock on.

This is a blatant forgetting about the rules. Like if a try was scored and the ref tells the player to play the ball over the line ?.

Are you Stuart Cummings or Steve Ganson? Can’t work it out ??

Neither. Its easy to work out. 

Four legs good - two legs bad

14 hours ago, dkw said:

Rowley really is the end of a bell. 

You don't do irony, do you.

It does seem strange that they didn't show a behind the posts replay of it, they had a replay of another kick from behind the posts, just seems strange that there was only 1 viewing of it and that was in real time, unless i missed that, along with the shenanigans at the end?

A tasty opener for day 2, with 2nd place in the ladder up for grabs.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

taking a break from usual pastoral duties to enjoy the seaside. Only about 1,000 in the ground so far, which is sad but not unexpected- maybe Fax v Feath should have been Sunday. Knock on by TO in receiving ball at kick off - troublesome wind!

It doesn't do the championship any good i feel when their showpiece event seems to be played on front of a couple of hundred people, i know some clubs can't be expected to take big followings, but i would think that clubs that are an hour from Blackpool would be able to muster some interest?

Apart from Leigh, Fax and Fev, most clubs seem to have no more than 50-100 supporters there, and most games, the Leigh-Toronto game excepted, seem to be played to a crowd of less than a 1000, even fax and fev only seemed to have 200 at most?

I'm not criticising or knocking the clubs or their fans who do travel, but is it a RFL problem or is it just that there is very little interest or actual support for these clubs?

It's a shame as most of the games are very good, competitive affairs, not like the robotic wrestling in SL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

upstairs in the ' Manchester '

Ouch, that is a proper taste of British culture.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, DavidM said:

Brilliant try ... doesn’t Phil talk utterly bizarre gibberish

Can't fault his passion,cheering like that, even i cheered and applauded that!

Absolutely brilliant try, what a piece of entertainment that was.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Fantastic!

Kheiralla recently ran through the entire Kangaroos team to score... but needed help against the mighty Broncos. :wink: 

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

55 minutes ago, dkw said:

Nope, that's a womens work. 

Thus proving the view that women are cleverer than men. 

Another Kheirallah break, another try. Worthington promotes the touchdown position too. Nice.