Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

25 May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/25/2018 at 06:45 PM

As much as my heart tells me that Warrington arent that good and that we can win this game, it's going to be a huge uphill struggle.

Talanoa

Tuimavave

Griffin

Faraimo

Kelly

Sneyd

Taylor

Bowden 

Abdull

Fash

All unavailable. That's a lot of cap sat in the stands. The backs are decimated. 

If we can ride our luck, if the forwards can play out of their skin and if Connor can provide a couple more magic moments then you never know. But I am going Wire by 12.

Edited by MZH

19 man squad has been named.

Yeaman isn't there. Jack Sanderson is set to make his debut.

Prepare for Snapski to tell you to get on with it,all teams have injuries ( but in a game of poker on behalf of KR I raise you by 5)

11 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Prepare for Snapski to tell you to get on with it,all teams have injuries ( but in a game of poker on behalf of KR I raise you by 5)

It isn't the sheer numbers that is hurting us. It's the fact that they are all bloody backs. If it was spread across the squad a bit more then we could absorb it a bit better. We have more second rowers than we know what to do with.

You guys are doing it really tough though I must admit. It's a massive ask of a newly promoted squad.

In a spirit of comradeship I sympathize but your list includes 4 Forwards and with a squad in the mid 30s you still put out a decent set of backs last weekend who scored and largely made most of your tries. The need for Yeaman for me was a publicity stunt and a slap in the face for regular squad members.

At least this week you face a Warrington side smashed by Wigan,we  face  Wigan!

Looking forward to 27 July when we may have some players back but choose to rest them in preparation for the play offs!

• Like 1

Tough game for Hull with their injury list.

Not totally convinced about Wire but they should just about do this.

6 hours ago, MZH said:

As much as my heart tells me that Warrington arent that good and that we can win this game, it's going to be a huge uphill struggle.

Talanoa

Tuimavave

Griffin

Faraimo

Kelly

Sneyd

Taylor

Bowden 

Abdull

Fash

All unavailable. That's a lot of cap sat in the stands. The backs are decimated. 

If we can ride our luck, if the forwards can play out of their skin and if Connor can provide a couple more magic moments then you never know. But I am going Wire by 12.

Brad Fash is back if it makes you feel any better.

17 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Woohoo.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ullman said:

So is Carl Sanderson.  He never told me he’d received the call.

On a more sensible note, the Hull FC website says 13 out of the squad has come from the academy!

• Haha 1

Jake Connor could beat Wire on his own....I bet Chris Hill is looking forward to the opportunity of getting one back on Connor. 

We're obviously going to struggle over at the HJ but it's another chance for players I've hardly heard of to show what they can do.

So Atkins, Hughes, Beaker from the Muppets, the Flying Pig, Brown...go on, give it your best shot!

Wire 28 Hull FC 18.

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Jake Connor could beat Wire on his own....I bet Chris Hill is looking forward to the opportunity of getting one back on Connor. 

We're obviously going to struggle over at the HJ but it's another chance for players I've hardly heard of to show what they can do.

So Atkins, Hughes, Beaker from the Muppets, the Flying Pig, Brown...go on, give it your best shot!

Wire 28 Hull FC 18.

Who are you blind dating this week OF?

13 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Who are you blind dating this week OF?

Lord knows.

10 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Lord knows.

If your going by bus, I hope you get a better run than I’ve had today.  All that work on the 62 hasn’t made much difference!

Whoever schedules the Hull sides to play teams in deepest Lancashire ( wait for it) on a Friday night? The horrors of the M62 in the West Riding and above Manchester before the game followed by a 1am return.

With Leeds Huddersfield Castleford Wakefield a halfway house there shouldbeplenty of other options. A nice drive over the Pennines for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon kick off is much more reasonable.

Mr Angry signing off!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, MZH said:

If we can ride our luck, if the forwards can play out of their skin and if Connor can provide a couple more magic moments then you never know. 

It's a tall ask but I don't think it's impossible...

9 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Whoever schedules the Hull sides to play teams in deepest Lancashire ( wait for it) on a Friday night? The horrors of the M62 in the West Riding and above Manchester before the game followed by a 1am return.

With Leeds Huddersfield Castleford Wakefield a halfway house there shouldbeplenty of other options. A nice drive over the Pennines for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon kick off is much more reasonable.

Mr Angry signing off!

I agree. I've suggested many years in the past that we should always look to make the "all Lancashire" or "all Yorkshire" games on a Friday. You're writing off any away following with a Friday kick off if you're making them travel for over 2 hours. People just don't have the time to get there after work.

I realise that isn't exactly an option now due to Thursday and Friday Sky games (as opposed to Friday and Saturday games when I first suggested it), but should certainly be something to work towards if we are concerned about these "empty looking grounds."

• Like 1

I have noticed that we started the week around 2/1 with the bookies and have drifted all the way to 4/1.

Seems most punters are confident in a Warrington win. I just have a feeling we might do something. Even without Taylor, I think we can get at that Wire front row.

13 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Mr Angry signing off!

i don't think its unreasonable to come up with such a suggestion.  If there are decent train links then it can be done, but some towns don't have that facility, especially after 10pm.

The M62 between the A1 and J24 might have had millions spent on it, but its not been improved.

FC will sneak this, as Wire will be hurting from last week, and have more than half an eye on next week. Meanwhile, FC have nothing to lose, and still have plenty of talent. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 9:26 AM, MZH said:

I have noticed that we started the week around 2/1 with the bookies and have drifted all the way to 4/1.

Seems most punters are confident in a Warrington win. I just have a feeling we might do something. Even without Taylor, I think we can get at that Wire front row.

It's been a real rollercoaster of emotion this week. First you said we were garbage, then you remembered you were playing us this week and said we were going to win, and now the positivity is back as the weekend nears.

Last weekend was a real blow for us and Hull seem to be in an impressive winning groove. Even with the injuries there are lots of matchwinners in the Hull squad. I would be disappointed if we couldn't get a home win, but I do think it will be a cracker.