Sign in to follow this  
The Daddy

Paul Rowley - Kieron Purtill beef

What happened at the end there? Bit of verbals between those two. Alot of animosity between these two clubs. 

There was also a fracas between the teams in the tunnel at half time, apparently.

Sky probably asked them to perform to make up for the Daryl Powell disappointment.

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Ref wants fellin this sport is being killed by ##### with whistles 

Eh?

• Haha 1

I agree with sweaty for a neutral that game was handed to Toronto then a guilty pen at the end. On rowley he is a disgusting human being who wants expunging from our game. He works with clubs with money then try’s to make them thugs. He is limited and if he played as hard as his pathetic rant today he might have been a SL great. He needs ousting quickly he’s vermin and a parasite. I’m no leigh can either I’m just sick of his teams playing the same and today showed him and Toronto up again 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Ha ha, you div. 

• Haha 3

Toronto “lost” the physical battle today in many areas and I thought were quite muted throughout 

rowley still has links to Leigh and twitter hasn’t been kind to him this last few weeks it’s never nice to have people you know making daft comments

having said that he needs to shut up if he is stressed by that 

purtilll clearly wasn’t that bothered

acton was and as such should get a telling off by the rfl 

otherwise storm in a teacup and lets move on 

Well, people are always complaining that the game has gone soft and that we need go bring back the beef.

Ref pulled them back into the game and was embarrassed so gave Leigh a pen to save his harris, Leigh not making the 4 will have serious repercussions and this ref may have cost many a person their job.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Ref pulled them back into the game and was embarrassed so gave Leigh a pen to save his harris, Leigh not making the 4 will have serious repercussions and this ref may have cost many a person their job.

Hahahaha. 

So in summary your team lost.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

We lost that game ourselves Sweaty, don't go putting the blame at anywhere other than bad game management and unhelpful substitution's when we were 14 points up.

• Like 12

Can't comment on the game as I haven't seen it but Rowley is a Wally.Needs to put brain in gear before gob.

Pretty obvious Rowley is one of life's troublesome human beings.

As for the game just a couple of bad ten minute spelles were we lost control of the game cost us the game.

Very happy that this Leigh team is still moving in the right direction and will be ready for the qualifiers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jpmc said:

Pretty obvious Rowley is one of life's troublesome human beings.

As for the game just a couple of bad ten minute spelles were we lost control of the game cost us the game.

Very happy that this Leigh team is still moving in the right direction and will be ready for the qualifiers.

Very restrained comment JP, sometimes it helps to get things of your chest and say what you really mean.

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

I thought you'd walked away from rugby league last season?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Give it a go, you’ll be great 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I actually got a pick right. The good thing is they were so hard to pick. What a fantastic day it must have been. I would have loved to attend the two days, at least as much as the Magic WE. Hopefully a good crowd roll up tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Acton and Rowley acting like complete tools again?

3 hours ago, jpmc said:

Thankfully a voice of reason. Leigh will still be in the qualifiers, their only potential loss for the rest of the season is the Toronto away game. They may well even be be the first team to win in Toronto. 

In the qualifiers, it will be another nail-bitter between the teams that could go either way. A tough loss today for sure, but when the 8s start, everyone is on zero points.

Edited by ojx
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Been on the pop again! You never learn 

Leigh lost as they couldn't close the game out. Nothing more nothing less

• Like 2

It was an entertaining game for neutrals. The rivalry between these two sides really brings something to the games which is exciting to watch. In the back of my mind, though, is a worry that at some points things are going to go way too far and it will bring a lot of negative publicity to the sport. I don't mind rivalries. Arsenal v Man Utd in football was thrilling watching for years for similar reasons. However, the attitude from some Leigh fans towards anything linked with Toronto is pretty pathetic.

Still, you expect those within the club to conduct themselves in a certain way. Paul Rowley at Leigh got his team to play like thugs while dominating the league because they had more funds to buy the best players. He's now at Toronto where he's bought the best players, can dominate the league and once again has his team playing like thugs. He's one big ego and absolutely no class. I'd like Toronto to be successful but hopefully without Rowley because at the moment the Wolfpack's behaviour on the field is one of the worst things about the game, just like Leigh when he was in charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1