6 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Perhaps this tweet didn't mean it like that (although I doubt it personally) but in general today, that's the implication from lots of 'the left'.

That's possibly because you're looking at it from a right-wing perspective. I'm left of centre but definitely pro-Israel, as in believing that Israel has a right to exist. On the same basis, I'm also pro-Palestine.

As stated above, the crucial part of the tweet is neocon. Many on the hard/extreme right support, or claim to support, Israel for their own nefarious reasons. They are not true friends.

1 hour ago, Methven Hornet said:

That's possibly because you're looking at it from a right-wing perspective. I'm left of centre but definitely pro-Israel, as in believing that Israel has a right to exist. On the same basis, I'm also pro-Palestine.

As stated above, the crucial part of the tweet is neocon. Many on the hard/extreme right support, or claim to support, Israel for their own nefarious reasons. They are not true friends.

I'm not looking at it from a right wing perspective at all, I'm looking at it from a 'fed up of unthinking lumping everyone together' perspective. 

The world has too many attention seekers like Owen Jones or Katie Hopkins and I hate these cnuts. 

• Like 4

I like Theo Usherwood, always struck me as a credible young man cutting his teeth as a political correspondent, if he can get undersome one's skin so easily, there's no excuse for more experienced journalists doing the same!

12 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

There is a type of politics that is starting to make a little sense to me. 

We see it on here with the biggest Trump fans claiming things that they know not to be true and being offended at the idea that their making things up is not respected.   It is because it is their emotions and feelings.

To them, there is a clear way that the world should be.  At there are evil outside influences attacking it.  They are the proud defenders of how things are and the uncorrupted people from the evil elites/lizard people.  Anyone who seeks to deny that, is either elite of brain washed.

With that, the claims that are clearly untrue make a little sense.  The big story is society being corrupted.  As they do not believe is social causes, it must be people being corrupted.  Decent, uncorrupted people will want to fight this, which fits with our resident Trump fan and Steve Bannon.

It does not fit with reality, but it is about them being really upset.

Thombo now freed on bail pending a retrial. Initial trial ruled unfair. Suspended sentence from previous offence confirmed.

18 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Thombo now freed on bail pending a retrial.

Must be time for old AKA's farewell "I'm not Prejudiced" tour

I wonder if Saintslass is dancing around her living room right now, or maybe she is doing another tour of her local town making sure no one is getting anything of the government that she can’t get. Like kids getting school dinners during the summer holidays.

• Like 1

Has Yaxley-Lennon rounded up a mob yet to track down the Prince of Wales so he can protest about his harboring of a paedophile? 

37 minutes ago, Mark S said:

I wonder if Saintslass is dancing around her living room right now, or maybe she is doing another tour of her local town making sure no one is getting anything of the government that she can’t get. Like kids getting school dinners during the summer holidays.

Er, why would I be 'dancing around' my living room?

1 hour ago, Mark S said:

Sorry mate but you're bang out of order on that.

Saintslass (whilst she is more than capable of defending herself without my input) may be many things but she has never suggested any level of support for the likes of S Y-L.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Er, why would I be 'dancing around' my living room?

Told you she didn't need my help. 

• Haha 1

you can expect late summer to become city centre tommy rally time, megaphones spewing out vitriol to people who will say "hes saying what everyone finks, hes our hero) fasten yer seatbelts cos this is what the aim was all along

Edited by graveyard johnny

The Appeal Court ruled that he was dispatched with unnecessary haste, thus denying him the opportunity to organise a defence. As soon as he said he would take down the video there was no urgency requiring his immediate sentencing and imprisonment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

The Appeal Court ruled that he was dispatched with unnecessary haste, thus denying him the opportunity to organise a defence. As soon as he said he would take down the video there was no urgency requiring his immediate sentencing and imprisonment.

I think it is a bit worrying that our legal system would operate without allowing time for the defendant to organise their own defence, regardless of what the defendant may or may not be charged with.  On this occasion for the court to act as they did has added fuel to a smouldering fire.

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

I think it is a bit worrying that our legal system would operate without allowing time for the defendant to organise their own defence, regardless of what the defendant may or may not be charged with.  On this occasion for the court to act as they did has added fuel to a smouldering fire.

Wasn't it the case that he immediately pleaded guilty, therefore there wasn't a defence to organise? It could be argued however that if there had been more time to consult with a solicitor etc then he may have entered a different plea. 

1 minute ago, Griff9of13 said:

Wasn't it the case that he immediately pleaded guilty, therefore there wasn't a defence to organise? It could be argued however that if there had been more time to consult with a solicitor etc then he may have entered a different plea. 

It could also be argued the repellent little self aggrandising bell end deserves everything he gets. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

He also admitted during the appeal that he broke reporting restrictions.  

21 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

He also admitted during the appeal that he broke reporting restrictions.  

He may find that by going for a trial in a court rather than the judge's summary decision that he could be sentenced for a good while longer.  That'd be fun :)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ckn said:

He may find that by going for a trial in a court rather than the judge's summary decision that he could be sentenced for a good while longer.  That'd be fun :)

There is that risk.

It was also revealed in the appeal that the trial in Leeds was the 2nd of 3 connected trials, hence the need for reporting restrictions.  

1 hour ago, Griff9of13 said:

Nope.  The court at Leeds was found to have not followed procedures.  The Secret Barrister explains it all here. (Get a cuppa and make yourself comfortable before clicking though as it's a rather long and detailed explanation!)

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

you can expect late summer to become city centre tommy rally time, megaphones spewing out vitriol to people who will say "hes saying what everyone finks, hes our hero) fasten yer seatbelts cos this is what the aim was all along

Nah, he's missed the boat. The Football Season starts on Saturday. All his dickhead supporters will be giving it large at a football ground near you. He'll have to wait whilst next April or May to rally the troops.

3 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Nope.  The court at Leeds was found to have not followed procedures.  The Secret Barrister explains it all here. (Get a cuppa and make yourself comfortable before clicking though as it's a rather long and detailed explanation!)

Thanks, The Secret Barrister is always very good. Like I said, he did plead guilty originally at Leeds, but like you said procedure wasn't correctly followed. Hopefully the procedure will be strictly adhered to at his retrial and Yaxley-Lennon will soon be back behind bars where he belongs.

5 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Thanks, The Secret Barrister is always very good. Like I said, he did plead guilty originally at Leeds, but like you said procedure wasn't correctly followed. Hopefully the procedure will be strictly adhered to at his retrial and Yaxley-Lennon will soon be back behind bars where he belongs.

I agree about the Secret Barrister - a very useful tool when trying to get to grips with legal stuff!

I think this is one of those situations whereby any time Robinson does do will simply boost his creds among his fanbase, which isn't helpful, but at the same time he's broken the law in a way he knew he would do before he did so and therefore he has to serve time.  

• Like 1