3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Yup. Yes. And definitely.

Again this was cerinly the case in rotherham. The police have now change thwir recording procedures and all SYPpolice are trained in the management and investigations in to CSE.

Zoe Lodrick is a leading psychotherapist who delivers this training.

Severely criticised by Jay, there are know cases of police repeatedly sending victims away, discarding or "losing"evidence & not believing allegations made by victims and their families.

Shaun Wright and Rog Stone paid the price because they did not wish to stir up Asian communities alleged to have perpetrated the crimes and influenced joyce Thackers team to the point that social workers did/could not adequately protect the girls.

8 hours ago, Oxford said:

No cover up just trying to cover their own bums

That's a bit of nonsense there niels PC had nothing to do with it and bringing it up here of all places is sad. People being ignored when they're trying to do the right thing is hardly unusual in these days where so many fall through the cracks in the system.

Dyke, finger, storm for you to put in a sentence for all those who are silenced.

I've had a look at the issue of Ann Cryer again as I respect your posts here.

However.everything I read, including a good article in the Guardian about Ann  in 2014 supports my views that her protestations were ignored on grounds that would be classed as PC by any definition. 

Others here have suggested reading Wikipedia also. 

The perpetrators on Keighley were men of Pakistani origin as Ann took the issue up with the Imans at the local mosque. 

With regard to the thread, it has relevance as Ann Cryer was very critical of the far right for getting involved and not helping the situation. 

I think we have to have the confidence to say things as they are, especially when the facts are clear as in Keighley. 

In my view and the only gang/group I know really much about is the Oxford one the perpetrators tended to target girls from a dysfunctional background in the Oxford cases a lot were in care etc, it was this background which meant they were both more likely to be easily led astray with lures of material possessions and apparent compassion as it was something they struggled to get elsewise - once they were under their control all changed and they were tortured, abused, threatened and treated as dirt. 

The report into the case basically seemed to say that the police and social services turned a blind eye as these (mainly) girls had been under council care or at least observation and were known to Police so to admit they were exploited was to own up to their own failings so it was easier to keep turning a blind eye basically blaming the girls themselves and pretty much saying they deserved it. One of the victims had her buttocks branded by a ring leader when she was still under age as he was so sure he had no chance of being charged.

The religious element was covered in the report and said the victims were the very embodiment of what was being preached as being the lowest of the low of western society and hence a reason why they were treated as such by those involved in the abuse

Edited by SSoutherner

12 hours ago, Niels said:

would be classed as PC by any definition. 

There is no issue at all with the idea that whistle blowers are not often ignored, told to keep quiet and even treated badly to shut them up.

But using the term PC is a misdirection from the failures of a system.

There will have been a lot of people involved in ignoring her pleas and many of them will  use the same term for anything they don't like or don't want.

In any case I've been involved in of whistle blowing or even those I've simply witnessed happening no one has used a PC argument for either following through or not proceeding any further.

I think the more we leave PC out of it the clearer the real issues will become.

The same is true of treating the OP like a question of freedom of speech, it ignores why it was done how it's being done, misused and what it's abusing and manipulating for it's own goals, aims and purposes.

For mine we're in the era of  " .....when they came for the Jews ..."

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Id say his description is pretty fair, horrible man.

Quite clearly it is a failure of journalists and Newspapers that they have not reproduced stuff like this and reported on it sufficiently to get the message of just how emboldened and vile these people are.

Instead we're discussing Jeremy Corbyn.

Mind you with headlines like Children have fallen behind at Four why would I expect anything different. ?

Those tweets look pretty fake and I heard he's banned from twitter anyway. You can pretty much ignore twitter for everything except music.

58 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Those tweets look pretty fake and I heard he's banned from twitter anyway. You can pretty much ignore twitter for everything except music.

Banned from March this year so anything from before then could be genuine. There are logs of these things.

You missed out 'important European handball scores' from things Twitter is useful for.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Banned from March this year so anything from before then could be genuine. There are logs of these things.

You missed out 'important European handball scores' from things Twitter is useful for.

Ah, that too of course.

45 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

They may look fake, but they're not.

https://resistinghate.org/tommy-robinson-and-his-hate-tweets/

There are some foolish tweets, no doubt about that.

And it's hardly surprising. He was a working class street fighter who has got into plenty of scrapes at various times during his life.

On the other hand, he is also capable of evolving and rationalising his past and his current view of the world, as you will see if you watch his Oxford Union presentation.

I imagine you were even more unforgiving of people like Martin McGuinness, Gerry Adams and Nelson Mandela, who all engaged in far more than just hateful tweets before they also evolved in various ways.

6 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

"Foolish"????

Interesting descriptor!

4 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

And it's hardly surprising. He was a working class street fighter who has got into plenty of scrapes at various times during his life.

On the other hand, he is also capable of evolving and rationalising his past and his current view of the world, as you will see if you watch his Oxford Union presentation.

I imagine you were even more unforgiving of people like Martin McGuinness, Gerry Adams and Nelson Mandela, who all engaged in far more than just hateful tweets before they also evolved in various ways.

Whilst McGuinness, Adams and Mandela were supporting or instigating violence I condemned their actions and any statements they made, when they renounced violence and by their actions proved they'd renounced their previous methods then I was prepared to listen to them.

When and if Tommy Robinson proves he's renounced his hate filled bigotry then I may more prepared to listen to him, the fact that he's been banged up for contempt of court and his supporters have taken to the streets suggests he's not reformed his ways yet.

Why do you feel the need to defend this human cockroach?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

"Foolish"????

Interesting descriptor!

The foolish tweets of an angry man.

That seems reasonably accurate to me.

Fair enough.

I would have used a different definition.... maybe several different ones.

Foolish wouldn't have been any of them.

C'est la vie

7 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Whilst McGuinness, Adams and Mandela were supporting or instigating violence I condemned their actions and any statements they made, when they renounced violence and by their actions proved they'd renounced their previous methods then I was prepared to listen to them.

When and if Tommy Robinson proves he's renounced his hate filled bigotry then I may more prepared to listen to him, the fact that he's been banged up for contempt of court and his supporters have taken to the streets suggests he's not reformed his ways yet.

Why do you feel the need to defend this human cockroach?

I don't feel any need to defend him and it's not up to me to do so.

On the other hand, the people who I really wouldn't defend are the people who knew what was happening in communities up and down the country and refused to do anything about it, allowing the lives of so many young people to be devastated.

Those are the people who really deserve to be described as human cockroaches, as well as the people who perpetrated those crimes.

The fact that those people wouldn't act created the space that Tommy Robinson stepped into.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

On the other hand, the people who I really wouldn't defend are the people who knew what was happening in communities up and down the country and refused to do anything about it, allowing the lives of so many young people to be devastated.

Those are the people who really deserve to be described as human cockroaches.

So.... you don't think yaxley-lennon is a "human cockroache"?

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

So.... you don't think yaxley-lennon is a "human cockroache"?

I hate to see young working class blokes who upset establishment norms being described in those terms.

I was once described as a cockroach myself for attacking the RU establishment in the early 1980s when I led the opposition to their evil discrimination against Rugby League players.

So it isn't a description that I naturally take to.

Just now, Robin Evans said:

"Foolish"????

Interesting descriptor!

Quite, Id call them hate filled racist and bigoted but each to their own.

He may have changed his point of view (or he just has realised voicing it on social media is not a good look for him!) but he's not got much smarter has he, as this latest custodial sentence shows!

19 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

The foolish tweets of an angry man.

That seems reasonably accurate to me.

The hate filled tweets of a racists man also seems accurate.

16 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Those are the people who really deserve to be described as human cockroaches, as well as the people who perpetrated those crimes.

The fact that those people wouldn't act created the space that Tommy Robinson stepped into.

well how much of an idiot is Stephen Yaxley Lennon if his direct actions could have actually resulted in an unfair trial and the victims not actually getting justice. Having an opinion that TR is a hate filled racist biggot doesn't mean you condone the grooming gangs.