Challenge Cup Semi Finals Double Header (Merged Threads)

On 6/3/2018 at 8:45 PM, JLandsman said:

If you go to your account settings in the app you can add your son as a junior member and this will give him his own membership number. This is how I got two tickets for my lads.

Yeah i did that but the app doesn't then show you the membership number which was immensely frustrating. and my phone and tablet both said the ourleague allocation were sold out on saturday (I thought becuase of a rush after the warrington game). Managed to get on with my PC at work yesterday, found all the membership numbers for future reference then had a quick look to see when they went on general sale to find 2 sets of 2 seats still available so managed to get 2... god knows why my phone and Ipad couldnt find any seats!

all done and dusted!!!

I do question the sense of the Junior member thing. I know it is linked to my account but what if I am not the one taking him, surely they need some sort of link to a responsible adult for any junior there so junior tickets should have to be bought with a senior member id allocated with it.. as a safety thing.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It's somewhat long winded but log in to the app, go on to your account and you can create a junior membership (including a password for them), though be sure to note down your own membership number while you're there. You then log out, log in using the 'nickname' created for the child along with the password you've just created and your email address, then go on account and it will tell you the juniors membership number. You can then select two seats - not that there seems to be many available - and assign the membership numbers and surnames on the next screen, getting the priority purchase and the discounted price.

Of course, I don't want semi final tickets and instead want tickets for the New Zealand games in the autumn but the ouRLeague discount isn't being applied...

Cheers for that too... I got an email from the RFL saying the same yesterday. The key, it would seem for me, was not to log in with the app and do it online as on the app there seems to be no way to find the membership number, which is frustrating. 

Thanks for the help and thankfully managed to get 2 tickets, pretty much the only ones left, yesterday.. 

On 6/3/2018 at 11:27 PM, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It's amazing how many neutrals have says they'll be going to this.

I was told that neutrals wouldn't be bothered by many on here when I'd suggested it in the past.

I still think the future of the Challenge Cup is to become a Magic Weekend style event.

i'd agree.. i love the magic weekend but have understood the issues and the extra weekend etc. I've mentioned to a few people your idea (obviously not telling them it isn't mine but you know what they say about imitation ?) and I still think, as you suggested, magic should be the round of the last 16 (8 games, 4 each day... none super league clubs guaranteed, more clubs should equal more fans etc) then quarters can be 2 double headers (end of June as magic is mid-late May) then semis end of July as a double header and final end of August meaning regular intervals between games instead of this big gap, and rounds are events. 

23 hours ago, kev p said:

Whatever the attendance it should be tried for 3 years to give it a chance. Not necessarily bwfc but ground should be decided before start of season. Hopefully it could be a 40k ground in future. Stadium will not be 70% full at any time due to many fans only watching their own team. Most people will be in the ground at the end of 1st game. What are ko times? Need enough time between games for extra time & warm ups etc. 

I booked tickets as Warrington got through this year, would go to the final if we got there too but we're away on holiday. But generally if they announced it earlier so you could plan and it was always a double header I would book in advance and almost have it as a yearly outing.. 

38 minutes ago, Swansea Jack said:

My wife and I have booked tickets online. We will be travelling from Swansea and are looking forward to it,

I don't think I can make it but had the same thoughts. The double header occasion has a lot of appeal to neutrals. If you are in a situation where you can hold it at a 40k stadium with 15k+ neutral tickets then it will always look pretty full regardless of losing fans from SF1 going home early in disappointment.

Sounds like it was a very promising day of sales yesterday, with Warrington selling out their full allocation of £25 tickets and requesting a new batch. St Helens asked people not to join the queue after 3.30pm because there was already a two-hour wait.

This is before tickets go on general sale at the weekend: think it was members-only yesterday. Hopefully all clubs will be issued with enough tickets quickly so we can get them sold while demand is high. If people are turned away or unable to get the tickets they want (while still actually available), they will very quickly change their minds and watch on telly.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

55 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Sounds like it was a very promising day of sales yesterday, with Warrington selling out their full allocation of £25 tickets and requesting a new batch. St Helens asked people not to join the queue after 3.30pm because there was already a two-hour wait.

This is before tickets go on general sale at the weekend: think it was members-only yesterday. Hopefully all clubs will be issued with enough tickets quickly so we can get them sold while demand is high. If people are turned away or unable to get the tickets they want (while still actually available), they will very quickly change their minds and watch on telly.

i still find it bizarre that the online systems are not good enough to cope with selling a few thousand to the point that people are joing 2hr queues in person!

the bit that is most annoying is that its still 2 months away! the gap between rounds is ridiculous.. surely its not hard to have a round a month or something.. i know it gives longer to sell the tickets but i just hope the excitement i felt at the beginning of the week (and that my 10 year old still feels now [equally because he is seeing his first Warrington match]) is still there at the beginning of August. 

7 hours ago, Dave T said:

i still find it bizarre that the online systems are not good enough to cope with selling a few thousand to the point that people are joing 2hr queues in person!

I think it’s more likely the people of St Helens have only just come to terms with the invention of the wheel; computers and internet to follow (but it may be a while)...

15 hours ago, FishandChips said:

Anyone know how you find your membership number through the our league app so you can order tickets at £21.00.  asks for membership number and surname before buying.

Go on the 'More' tab at the bottom then membership and it will have your Membership ID at the top. If you're buying more than one ticket then you'll need to the other people to register as a member and repeat the same steps to get their membership ID as well.

20 hours ago, kev p said:

How many tickets sold so far? Catalans unlikely to sell out, so more available from them if needed. 

It seems like the usual RFL ticket strategy is kicking in. Warrington still only have 7 bays out of a total of 40 after being given one more bay yesterday. Just give the clubs the tickets and tell them to get on with it FFS.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just release the tickets,it really isn't difficult.For some stupid reason,the RFL believe that by 'rationing' tickets,they will end up selling more.They wont,people will simply not bother,when the week before the semi,the RFL suddendly release 10,000 they had saved/found/had returned.

Bought in the ourleague section but it’s at the other end of the ground from the Warrington fans which is a shame.. hope people won’t mind my 10 year old wearing his Warrington shirt!!

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Go on the 'More' tab at the bottom then membership and it will have your Membership ID at the top. If you're buying more than one ticket then you'll need to the other people to register as a member and repeat the same steps to get their membership ID as well.

Cheers. Finally managed it through website rather than app as wasn't bringing up the membership number for some reason.  Tickets booked now. 

Do you work for RFL? Guy who replied to my e-mail was called Matt ?

7 minutes ago, FishandChips said:

Cheers. Finally managed it through website rather than app as wasn't bringing up the membership number for some reason.  Tickets booked now. 

Do you work for RFL? Guy who replied to my e-mail was called Matt ?

Not guilty!

8 minutes ago, kev p said:

So where are we on ticket sales at the 4 clubs? Would assume that 7,000 allocated to each club and any Catalans unsold tickets reallocated to other clubs if need be.

These are the graphics from Wire & Saints. Tickets going fast from what I’ve seen. 

EDIT - Ive not seen anything from Leeds about sales other than they’ve been allocated the NW Quadrant, I expect this would extend to the Saints allocation, with Catalans/Neutrals on the West Side

0AFD4AE9-0F10-46F4-B502-A732C1069EAD.jpeg

C31B23A1-994C-4EC2-AB31-27A10C73D21D.jpeg

16 minutes ago, cookey said:

The latest update of the graphics on the Saints and Warrington sites indicate they have sold around half the capacity between them.Hopefully Leeds,Catalan and neutrals can sell the other half.

when i bought mine before they went on general sale through the our league app thingy there werent very many left..

Seems a good move on your behalf.

I actually used to follow London,when they first started up as Fulham - used to really enjoy it.My biggest mistake was selling a little house in Wandsworth,back in the mid 80's - it's now worth a fortune and trust me,its a very ordinary house!

Archived