Sign in to follow this  

28 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Currently sat in my car in the hospital car park waiting for delayed blood results. Fingers crossed they’ll be okay. Won’t be looking forward to a stay in here over a weekend again

If you do end up in over the weekend then this weekend's secret code for getting premium quality care in the NHS is "the kipper is in the top drawer".  Just mention this to any senior nurse or doctor and you'll instantly get the sort of care reserved for VIPs.

It may not be in the type of hospital you planned but care is care...

• Haha 2

All good as it seems with my new kidney. Just running with a bit of high BP at the moment which probably down to job hunting, and our boiler deciding to pack in. 

Few more pills, but more importantly home for the weekend 👍🏼👍🏼

Now to complete a Resource Planning test ready for an interview on Monday, assuming my laptop doesn’t blow up 😂😂

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 6

Good luck for both the health and job issues.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Good luck for both the health and job issues.

Health seems to be fine. I think I’ve gone very paranoid over it which is probably contributing to high BP. I think once I get a job and get back I my routine everything will be normal again. Never not had a job, since I was 19 so it’s a bit of a new experience for me. I’m coming up to my 13th week off work. Never thought I’d be so eager to get back 😂😂😂

• Like 2

dear diary, why am I not in the least bit phased when I am sat by swimming pool in Greece and a Greek waiter opens a two litre bottle of Belgian Christmas ale and starts handing out free drinks from it. If it happened anywhere at home I would be very wary.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Padge said:

dear diary, why am I not in the least bit phased when I am sat by swimming pool in Greece and a Greek waiter opens a two litre bottle of Belgian Christmas ale and starts handing out free drinks from it. If it happened anywhere at home I would be very wary.

Isn't jealousy a nasty emotion?

Right now I feel very nasty.

I won't feel nasty in a couple of hours when I'll be enjoying a meal and a beer in the village square.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Isn't jealousy a nasty emotion?

Right now I feel very nasty.

I won't feel nasty in a couple of hours when I'll be enjoying a meal and a beer in the village square.

Are you Pigi-n out?

I am currently in a conversation with a former work colleague who retired last year who is island hopping around Greece.

He has never been to Greece before and just messaged me with "NOW I get it", meaning my enthusiasm for Greece. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Padge said:

Are you Pigi-n out?

Where else? Piggin' out in Pigi.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, Just Browny said:

Best of luck, fingers crossed.

And its a yes from me, too. Trust its all OK.

10 hours ago, JohnM said:

And its a yes from me, too. Trust its all OK.

Yep. Getting there. Going out with my dad for Father’s Day today. Missed his birthday in April as was in the hospital. Going to watch our U16s team in National Cup Semi final 👍🏼

20 hours ago, Spidey said:

Yep. Getting there. Going out with my dad for Father’s Day today. Missed his birthday in April as was in the hospital. Going to watch our U16s team in National Cup Semi final 👍🏼

Who was in the semis? Results?

On 6/18/2018 at 5:58 AM, MattSantos said:

Who was in the semis? Results?

Hunslet Warriors 34 - Crossfields 10

Halton Farnworth 22 - Kippax 10

Edited by terrywebbisgod
  • Like 1

Dear Diary, Thank you for the birthday present on Saturday, and Fathers day gift. And a new job too started today, checking tickets at Warrior Square station 0600-1200. 5 Days a week

• Like 8

Dear diary,

My wife was feeling really ill this morning so to make her feel a little bit better I made her a cup of water all by myself.  I was surprised how easy it was to do and I might repeat the feat tomorrow morning if she is still too unwell to make my breakfast!!

• Like 1

Currently sat in a coffee house in Manchester watching the world go by, waiting for a job interview. That’s now my second after about 25 applications. Hopefully my last 👍🏼

• Like 5

Back home now after another two weeks in Greece, thank you Parga.

PAJ_4929.thumb.jpg.a4b1400dc31c611e2b1174b4ceb56411.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Currently sat in a coffee house in Manchester watching the world go by, waiting for a job interview. That’s now my second after about 25 applications. Hopefully my last 👍🏼

Back home. Think I did as well as I could. On way home took two phone calls for two more interviews. They must be like buses.

Chill out for an hour or so then it’s England in the World Cup. Nice warm up for next Saturday 😜

Feet up.

Further contemplations regards retiring.

Provence 2019 now sorted.

Grandson good at midwife.

A beer..... a few lustful thoughts over toyah.... (just seen her on a vid) then settle down for the footy....

Must remember to heap more plaudits on barrow no2 for his effort yesterday

Dear Diary, my mate Francis came round sick visiting  this morning on his new  KTM Superduke. He brought grapes and chocolates.

I finished a creditable 2-2 at badminton last night. My first time without a losing record. In unrelated news, I was paired with four different people each of whom knows how to play and can cover most of the court.

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I finished a creditable 2-2 at badminton last night. My first time without a losing record. In unrelated news, I was paired with four different people each of whom knows how to play and can cover most of the court.

Congraulations on an excellent result.

I hate to be critical of your posts, but I found the second sentence unnecessary and waffley.

I have three interviews to do this afternoon.  I'm interviewing candidates for the identical role to mine in the neighbouring area.

Might cancel my Fitness First membership and join Virgin. it's an extra 5-7 min walk from the office, but the facilities are much better / posher. Decisions.

I think a gym should either be extremely hardcore or extremely posh.