Sign in to follow this  
hunsletgreenandgold

Jason Clark to Wire

Signed a 2 year deal from next season. Always thought he never got enough credit at Souths playing in the forwards with all the Burgess brothers. Solid performer and very versatile - he'll tear up SL

• Like 1

Don't know much about him, but seems to have plenty of experience at Souths from the bench, including Grand Final.

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Don't know much about him, but seems to have plenty of experience at Souths from the bench, including Grand Final.

He's Ben Westwood but with more ball handling ability. 

• Like 3

Good servant for souths but pretty small forward who’s a useful squad player coming in to do a job . You’d reckon they can find or have better lads with more potential to come on a lot closer to home .  Never thought he made much impact tbh , just solid tradesman 

Edited by DavidM

Straight replacement for Crosby? Or Westwood?

Decent signing, a lot of Souths fans wanted the club to keep him, so much so that they started a petition 

Honest workhorse,bench forward who lacked the size to make it to the next level,but he certainly won’t “rip up”   Superleague 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

He's Ben Westwood but with more ball handling ability. 

You'd be surprised but Westwood is pretty deft with his handling skills.   Seen plenty of it in the past before his days as prop (don't forget he started out as a centre/winger!)...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

You'd be surprised but Westwood is pretty deft with his handling skills.   Seen plenty of it in the past before his days as prop (don't forget he started out as a centre/winger!)...

Watching him a few times this year , again on the weekend , he’s going good. Obviously tough as teak but still influential and putting in great shifts 

35 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Honest workhorse,bench forward who lacked the size to make it to the next level,but he certainly won’t “rip up”   Superleague 

Disagree - he'll be one of the best forwards in SL. Guess we'll see next year. 

6 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Disagree - he'll be one of the best forwards in SL. Guess we'll see next year. 

We will . But if he is and he rips it up it’ll be an indictment on SL . He’s not the sort who rips it up though , he’s a worker who’ll compliment the power and impact  you have 

Edited by DavidM

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Good servant for souths but pretty small forward who’s a useful squad player coming in to do a job . You’d reckon they can find or have better lads with more potential to come on a lot closer to home .  Never thought he made much impact tbh , just solid tradesman 

I agree, good workhorse and decent club level player.  Not sure he'll really contribute that much to wires chances of silverware and won't be much of a standout in SL.

Solid enough but not anything special. Honest toiler but he isn't going to be the difference between Warrington winning trophies or not.

He’ll have the second best sidestep in Super League after Ben Barba, if the youtube highlights are anything to go by 😀

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Signed a 2 year deal from next season. Always thought he never got enough credit at Souths playing in the forwards with all the Burgess brothers. Solid performer and very versatile - he'll tear up SL

He won't tear up Super League.  He will be a good solid forward in Super League just as he is a good solid forward in the NRL.

I would put Mike Cooper and Jason Clark at a pretty similar level... just as Mike Cooper (a good solid NRL forward) hasn't torn up Super League, neither will Clark.

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

He won't tear up Super League.  He will be a good solid forward in Super League just as he is a good solid forward in the NRL.

I would put Mike Cooper and Jason Clark at a pretty similar level... just as Mike Cooper (a good solid NRL forward) hasn't torn up Super League, neither will Clark.

I disagree - we will see next season. 

53 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Cooper has been superb for us this year, after a fairly dismal 2017.

This sounds like a good signing as a replacement for Crosby. I would almost be surprised if Westwood doesn't do another year given his current form.

11 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Cooper has been superb for us this year, after a fairly dismal 2017.

This sounds like a good signing as a replacement for Crosby. I would almost be surprised if Westwood doesn't do another year given his current form.

I agree Cooper has been good.... I'm probably just thinking 'tear it up' means the kind impact somebody like Barba has had. Which I don't see from Clark.

56 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I agree Cooper has been good.... I'm probably just thinking 'tear it up' means the kind impact somebody like Barba has had. Which I don't see from Clark.

Fair play. I can't think of many Aussie props who have come over and made that sort of impact, although there have been lots of good ones down the years at various clubs.

Barba probably hasn't been the best import ever, but whereas there might have been a handful of great imports in the late 90s or early 2000s, he stands out by a long way compared to the rest of the current crop.

16 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Fair play. I can't think of many Aussie props who have come over and made that sort of impact, although there have been lots of good ones down the years at various clubs.

Barba probably hasn't been the best import ever, but whereas there might have been a handful of great imports in the late 90s or early 2000s, he stands out by a long way compared to the rest of the current crop.

if clark can come over and be consistent and effective like miniciello has at hull, i'll be happy.

17 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Les Boyd?

Greg Dowling?

42 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

if clark can come over and be consistent and effective like miniciello has at hull, i'll be happy.

That’s not a bad comparison I expect the same sort of wholehearted performances from Clark. 

58 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Les Boyd?

Greg Dowling?

Both before my time but I wouldn't argue with you.

Trent Waterhouse, although he didn't rip up SL was a good servant for the wire.  If Clark does a similar job I'll be happy.  If he's another Roy Asotasi I'll be less so.