Sign in to follow this  
Crown Flatter

Dewsbury v Featherstone

On 6/20/2018 at 1:01 PM, graham fisher said:

We did think about it but with our luck the RFL would have probably banned our prop Jodie Sherriff¬† for leading with his head ūüėČ

Hock got a 1 game ban from the Barrow game, their is a god after all.

11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

So it is a transfer and not a loan? I must admit that is news to me, and to the Fev fans I suspect.

We aren't "money-bags" as you correctly surmise but do clearly suffer under the misapprehension that Fev have plenty of brass.

It could never have been a loan given that he was coming back to Fev this Saturday - a quick glance at, or knowledge, of the loan rules would have been enough to see that. I've no idea how much 'brass' Fev have - although I have been told that the income streams that they have built up from outside of rugby means top 4 isn't essential to continue as they are - but surely every club is (or should be) looking at ways to bring in more and/or save money?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

How does Leeds taking a Fev player on loan for International cover square with that though GOR? What is the benefit for Fev?

What have the Romans ever done for us eh ?  Yes, yes, they've lent us Ormondroyd, and Walters, and Handley, and Mullaley, and Delaney, but apart from that, what have they ever done for us, answer me that ? Then they have the brass neck to re - sign our top player, just when we need him, even though we will probably get him back on loan next week. Go on, what have the Romans  ever done for us ? Splitters.  :rtfm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

What have the Romans ever done for us eh ?  Yes, yes, they've lent us Ormondroyd, and Walters, and Handley, and Mullaley, and Delaney, but apart from that, what have they ever done for us, answer me that ? Then they have the brass neck to re - sign our top player, just when we need him, even though we will probably get him back on loan next week. Go on, what have the Romans  ever done for us ? Splitters.  :rtfm:

Very good, except that our experience of setting up a DR with any SL club is that it works fine when they want it to, but they will walk away when it suits them. Building up moral capital in the bank of RL doesn't pay any bills.

Cash on the barrelhead is what counts.

• Like 1