Sign in to follow this  
hrtbps

Duffy at yesterday's Wakefield-Wigan match

I was at the Wakefield match yesterday for some work stuff, and who should I bump into but John Duffy and a couple of other Featherstone staff.

I wonder what they were upto...

Liam Finn ??

2 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

Probably watching wakefield v Wigan 

He wasn't watching the game!

Think you'll find that Duffy and Chester are dual Scottish coaches. Could be something about thatūüėģ

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

Speaking of wakey I was watching on sky last night and god knows how keegan Hurst is playing superleague he’s terrible.

Never punched his weight IMO.

On 6/8/2018 at 12:59 PM, Gareth hock said:

Speaking of wakey I was watching on sky last night and god knows how keegan Hurst is playing superleague he’s terrible.

Hirst is popular at Wakefield, does a good job and anybody who actually watches the Wakey games will tell you that - but don't let petty prejudice or pre-concieved opinion get in your way will you.

Is he a world beater? - NO Is he worth his place in the squad? - YES.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Hirst is popular at Wakefield, does a good job and anybody who actually watches the Wakey games will tell you that - but don't let petty prejudice or pre-concieved opinion get in your way will you.

Fair dos....

He's worth a place in your squad.

I didn't think he was worth one in ours. 

C'est la vie.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Is it at all possible to put forward an opinion without the trendy brigade twisting and misconstruing everything.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

don't let petty prejudice or pre-concieved opinion get in your way will you.

Nothing of the sort we had him at FEV and he was pants end of story

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

prejudice??? No

I just think hes shiiiiite

• Like 1

I don’t think that anyone on here is judging Keegan Hirst on anything other than his rugby ability. Personally I think he’s steady but nothing special.

• Like 1

We signed him after our semi final defeat to Batley in which he had a good game, but he did struggle to hear at Featherstone although he tried hard. The main problem he had in my view was catching the ball or losing it in the tackle. He is still the same when I watch Wakefield on TV.

On 6/15/2018 at 2:45 PM, saddleworth said:

Is it at all possible to put forward an opinion without the trendy brigade twisting and misconstruing everything.

Yep I see where you're coming from there but that wasn't actually what I meant and boy am I not trendy!

I meant that just because a player fails at one club doesn't make him a bad player forever. Hirst had his best game ever for us IMHO this week and for me is now one of our most reliable players. What he did or didn't do as a Championship player means nothing because in SL he's doing great and the assertion by the poster that he isn't SL standard based on what he's seen means to me that he's not actually seen him at all - hence preconceived prejudice.

Hope that clears it up - not the least bit interested in his sexual leanings.

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I meant that just because a player fails at one club doesn't make him a bad player forever. Hirst had his best game ever for us IMHO this week and for me is now one of our most reliable players. What he did or didn't do as a Championship player means nothing because in SL he's doing great and the assertion by the poster that he isn't SL standard based on what he's seen means to me that he's not actually seen him at all - hence preconceived prejudice.

Sometimes a certain club or situation provides a decent fit for (and gets the best out of) a player, just like certain situations don't seem to work out. At Fev as he was clearly giving it his all, and always seemed to be one of the most vocal players, trying to gee up or encourage those around him, and I imagine he was a good guy to have in the dressing room (stop sniggering). Seeing the way he was with the other players made me really want him to succeed. However for whatever reason it never really clicked for him 'in play', too many individual errors and a constant failure to impose himself on games and the opposition the way a bloke of his size should have been doing, so it wasn't really a surprise when he finally moved on. I'm glad he's found success elsewhere though, and wish him well.

9 hours ago, Adam B said:

Sometimes a certain club or situation provides a decent fit for (and gets the best out of) a player, just like certain situations don't seem to work out. At Fev as he was clearly giving it his all, and always seemed to be one of the most vocal players, trying to gee up or encourage those around him, and I imagine he was a good guy to have in the dressing room (stop sniggering). Seeing the way he was with the other players made me really want him to succeed. However for whatever reason it never really clicked for him 'in play', too many individual errors and a constant failure to impose himself on games and the opposition the way a bloke of his size should have been doing, so it wasn't really a surprise when he finally moved on. I'm glad he's found success elsewhere though, and wish him well.

Probably the best comment on this.

Keegan's main asset is his ability to stay on his feet and bring other defenders into the tackle. Because the Play The Ball is much quicker in Super League this will make him more effective because it gives the opposition less time to organise their defensive line for the next play.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 11:26 AM, Kirmonds pouch said:

Watched your lot again tonight and again keegan Hirst is gash maybe if he had a heart it would help. If he ran as hard as Chris annakin he would be a world beater .

but don’t let bias get in the way will you .

• Like 1

too slow playing the ball.  no heart like you say.  shame they lost though best team.

23 minutes ago, Gareth hock said:

David fafiti is some player and Pauli Pauli 

Yep.  Leeds should have a look and have a clear out of some of their big useless puddings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1