Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

Toronto away

Recommended Posts

I bow in admiration to those fans who are going to the Toronto game. Whilst I seriously considered the possibility of attending myself, she who decides all things important in the Johnny household made it very clear that this was not going to happen.

Notwithstanding the result I genuinely hope that you all have a great time and represent the club in the best possible manner, which I know that you will. Remember, you will be able to say "I was there" when the rest of us just mutter into our beer.

Edited by Blind side johnny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I bow in admiration to those fans who are going to the Toronto game. Whilst I seriously considered the possibility of attending myself, she who decides all things important in the Johnny household made it very clear that this was not going to happen.

Notwithstanding the result I genuinely hope that you all have a great time and represent the club in the best possible manner, which I know that you will. Remember, you will be able to say "I was there" when the rest of us just mutter into our beer.

Looking forward to having the fine folk of Dewsbury over for the game....weather looks good but keep an eye on it for dress...dress for summer.   Too bad you couldn't make it Blindsider but I know you will be there in Spirit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we'll have a very depleted squad traveling to Canada.At least two players won't be able to travel due to strict laws. Looks like Brown could have broken his arm, plus other niggly injuries we picked up on Sunday.

I've just watched Toronto against London,I really fear for us 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Looks like we'll have a very depleted squad traveling to Canada.At least two players won't be able to travel due to strict laws. Looks like Brown could have broken his arm, plus other niggly injuries we picked up on Sunday.

I've just watched Toronto against London,I really fear for us 😞

Wait until your boys take the field, there's something about having 7000+ fans in attendance that makes every team play out of their skins and win or lose the boys will enjoy the experience

cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Looks like we'll have a very depleted squad traveling to Canada.At least two players won't be able to travel due to strict laws. Looks like Brown could have broken his arm, plus other niggly injuries we picked up on Sunday.

I've just watched Toronto against London,I really fear for us 😞

Strict laws, as distinct from.......?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wishing all our fans traveling a safe journey, you are all ambassadors for our great club, even the thought of getting hammered has not dampened your enthusiasm 

Stay safe & enjoy. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, coolie said:

Wishing all our fans traveling a safe journey, you are all ambassadors for our great club, even the thought of getting hammered has not dampened your enthusiasm 

Stay safe & enjoy. 

Just checked the weather...she is gonna be hot....dress for the beach...think Australia in the summer...now you got it....shes gonna be hot baby! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EQUALIZER said:

Heard were struggling to get 19 

 

 

I've heard Vivian is filling in as hooker, chilli is prop, Ady Marsh at fullback..Yvonne is playing loose... Forward I guess However true this is I can't confirm... But its sounds about right.. 

Just think next season we won't have to play them at all ;) :)

Edited by coolie
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 10:19 PM, Blind side johnny said:

I bow in admiration to those fans who are going to the Toronto game. Whilst I seriously considered the possibility of attending myself, she who decides all things important in the Johnny household made it very clear that this was not going to happen.

Notwithstanding the result I genuinely hope that you all have a great time and represent the club in the best possible manner, which I know that you will. Remember, you will be able to say "I was there" when the rest of us just mutter into our beer.

Not going to Toronto , then travel to beautifull Batley , it's the next best thing johnny

IMG_2110.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Not going to Toronto , then travel to beautifull Batley , it's the next best thing johnny

IMG_2110.JPG

I'll be there along with piggy

We're due a catch up :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, coolie said:

I'll be there along with piggy

We're due a catch up :)

Lock up your grannies and Labradors. The boys are back in town.

Could of injected a more obvious "who let the dogs out"

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could be a squad of 16 iggy and sykesy had visa problems refused boarding, told to try tomorrow. So the jest subs might not be too far off.To be honest we would have been better giving them the 2 points.The players using holidays loss of wages. The club gets stuffed on free travel, having to hire a bus from Glasgow on return trip. Its a shame because the Toronto mob seem a real good bunch.

S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

could be a squad of 16 iggy and sykesy had visa problems refused boarding, told to try tomorrow. So the jest subs might not be too far off.To be honest we would have been better giving them the 2 points.The players using holidays loss of wages. The club gets stuffed on free travel, having to hire a bus from Glasgow on return trip. Its a shame because the Toronto mob seem a real good bunch.

S

Contributes nowt to our game IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Lock up your grannies and Labradors. The boys are back in town.

Could of injected a more obvious "who let the dogs out"

Had my Jabs... Check

Translation book... Check

Pockets sewn up.... Check

Peg for the nose... Check

Dark glass's.... Check

Motion sickness tablets.. Check

Antidote if bitten.... Check

Batley translation book... Check

Passport.... Check

Ear protectors to shut out Batley chants... Definitely check

 

I'm ready :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, coolie said:

Had my Jabs... Check

Translation book... Check

Pockets sewn up.... Check

Peg for the nose... Check

Dark glass's.... Check

Motion sickness tablets.. Check

Antidote if bitten.... Check

Batley translation book... Check

Passport.... Check

Ear protectors to shut out Batley chants... Definitely check

 

I'm ready :)

You've forgotten the sh###y stick to beat the women off with. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coolie said:

Had my Jabs... Check

Translation book... Check

Pockets sewn up.... Check

Peg for the nose... Check

Dark glass's.... Check

Motion sickness tablets.. Check

Antidote if bitten.... Check

Batley translation book... Check

Passport.... Check

Ear protectors to shut out Batley chants... Definitely check

 

I'm ready :)

Are you here for the weekend Coolie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Are you here for the weekend Coolie

If he stayed for the weekend,he wouldn't want to go home.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coolie said:

Had my Jabs... Check

Translation book... Check

Pockets sewn up.... Check

Peg for the nose... Check

Dark glass's.... Check

Motion sickness tablets.. Check

Antidote if bitten.... Check

Batley translation book... Check

Passport.... Check

Ear protectors to shut out Batley chants... Definitely check

 

I'm ready :)

Got the blind date lined up mate... and she really is blind, I just hope to god she doesn't have a sense of smell either or the last six foot are going to be tough!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Syksey deffo not coming iggy trying tomorrow got young lad from wigan.in. Looks like only half of the scoreboard will be in use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 10:24 PM, Batley Bob said:

Not going to Toronto , then travel to beautifull Batley , it's the next best thing johnny

IMG_2110.JPG

It is a long way from Salamanca, otherwise I would have BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, saddleworth said:

Contributes nowt to our game IMO.

Just like the French, and London, the Welsh, and the Cumbrians, oh and some of that lot from Lancashire are a bit suspect. Keep RL in West Yorkshire (West Riding?) where it will thrive.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Are you here for the weekend Coolie

It's my holidays

Day 1

Setting off tomorrow by train

Stopping in a 1 star hotel at Huddersfield, evening at whatever they're calling the stadium this week.. When I rung up to book the young lass had never heard of the Galpharm Stadium, 

Blagged my way in to getting free tickets

Said I was erol crabtree twin brother.

Day 2 

Travel back by canal barge to Dewsbury by the sea, finishing the night at hanging heaton villas, few sherberts to make the drilling were gonna get in Toronto a little more palatable. 

Day 3

A steady stroll to the mount, avoiding camels, goats.. And the odd elephant 

Finally arriving at the black hole of Batley... Mount pleasant.. Why it was named that I do not know... But they must have had a cracking sense of humour... Where quietly I'll be cheering on Batley to destroy Sheffield and do us a favour, then finally return home to my castle in Earlsheaton and reminiss what a fabulous weekend I've had... 

And not got my wallet out once :)

Edited by coolie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here