17 Jun: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SUNDAY 17TH JUNE 2018
Hemel Stags v Newcastle Thunder KO 2pm
Hunslet v Coventry Bears KO 3pm 
Keighley Cougars v West Wales Raiders KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders v York City Knights KO 2.30pm
Oldham v London Skolars KO 3pm
Whitehaven v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm
Workington Town v Doncaster KO 3pm

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hemel Stags 6-56 Newcastle Thunder 
Hunslet 58-10 Coventry Bears 
Keighley Cougars 80-0 West Wales Raiders 
North Wales Crusaders 10-38 York City Knights 
Oldham 44-8 London Skolars 
Whitehaven 12-38 Bradford Bulls 
Workington Town 24-18 Doncaster 

Hemel Stags 6 v Newcastle Thunder 32
Hunslet 28 v Coventry Bears 10
Keighley Cougars 44 v West Wales Raiders 6
North Wales Crusaders 22 v York City Knights 18
Oldham 16 v London Skolars 16
Whitehaven 16 v Bradford Bulls 30
Workington Town 24 v Doncaster 16

Hemel Stags 6 v Newcastle Thunder 32
Hunslet 38 v Coventry Bears 10
Keighley Cougars 54 v West Wales Raiders 6
North Wales Crusaders 22 v York City Knights 18  would be over the moon!!
Oldham 36 v London Skolars 16
Whitehaven 16 v Bradford Bulls 40
Workington Town 22 v Doncaster 24

some bigger margins, some smaller...fingers crossed for our lads, we've been a bit of a bogey team for York last few seasons, long may it continue!! :)

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

hopefuly we win by the same scoreline as we did when we played Hemel away earlier in the season in the challenge cup, we won 74-0 that day, that would be great again, though as long as we win thats all that matters, need to keep pressure on the top 5, come on thunder!!

Looking forward to a trip to the Lake District, the scenery is always first rate even if our performances aren't...

I'm hoping we have the edge though and that we have learnt from the Workington match that the Cumbrians always need a lot of respect, particularly when playing on their own patch.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SUNDAY 17TH JUNE 2018
Hemel Stags 10 v 32 Newcastle Thunder KO 2pm
Hunslet 66 v 12 Coventry Bears KO 3pm 
Keighley Cougars 82 v  12 West Wales Raiders KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders 16 v 32 York City Knights KO 2.30pm
Oldham  22 v 16 London Skolars KO 3pm
Whitehaven 8 v 44 Bradford Bulls KO 3pm
Workington Town 24 v  22 Doncaster KO 3pm

Hemel Stags 10 v  54 Newcastle Thunder KO 2pm
Hunslet 60 v 12 Coventry Bears KO 3pm 
Keighley Cougars 86 v  16 West Wales Raiders KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders 18 v 56 York City Knights KO 2.30pm
Oldham  36 v 22 London Skolars KO 3pm
Whitehaven 18 v 42 Bradford Bulls KO 3pm
Workington Town 18v  30 Doncaster KO 3pm

Wins for Thunder, Hunslet, Cougars, Oldham, Bulls and Donny.

Lets see if we get a reaction to our poor first half last week at Bradford and get a result at home against York. Our games have been close over the years and I'm expecting a close game,

Crusaders by 2!

6 hours ago, Bulliac said:

Looking forward to a trip to the Lake District, the scenery is always first rate even if our performances aren't...

A good way to get out and see the country, especially at summertime. :yes:

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

True TAOHAF but im expecting a tough game against Skolars, ran Hunslet close last week. Im not bothered if we win by 1 point or 20, its all about putting the 2 points in the bank. I like us being underrated :meeting:.  If Skolars are good enough to score a few against us fair play to them, i still expect another win,but every game is a potential banana skin, clubs up the top of the league are there to be shot at and i expect London will raise their game and give a good account of themselves,its up to us to keep the winning run going and play with the same intensity of recent weeks.I take no game for granted in this league, must admit i'm enjoying this season so far, even though some matches have had huge scores the teams on the end of them have tried to the end. Credit to them all for that.Much better comp overall this League 1 than its given credit for.

I dont like predicting scores but heres my winners for this weekend.

Hemel Stags v Newcastle Thunder 
Hunslet v Coventry Bears
Keighley Cougars v West Wales Raiders
North Wales Crusaders v York City Knights 
Oldham v London Skolars 
Whitehaven v Bradford Bulls 
Workington Town v Doncaster 

I'm hoping for the first big shock of the season thus far,with WWR winning at Keighley.

I would like to think the players do themselves justice with Garry Schofield perhaps looking on.

I have to praise Mr Schofield as I have seen him purchasing half time draw tickets to assist clubs that don't do too well when it comes to attendances and finance.

I know he has done some stuff up in Cumbria to help community clubs.

It is not very often journalists bother to help out by purchasing programmes and raffle tickets - so good on him.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I'm hoping for the first big shock of the season thus far,with WWR winning at Keighley.

I would like to think the players do themselves justice with Garry Schofield perhaps looking on.

I have to praise Mr Schofield as I have seen him purchasing half time draw tickets to assist clubs that don't do too well when it comes to attendances and finance.

I know he has done some stuff up in Cumbria to help community clubs.

It is not very often journalists bother to help out by purchasing programmes and raffle tickets - so good on him.

Do yourself a favour and don’t hope for a result that will never happen. If your lads keep the Cougars below 70 they will have done well. Good luck. 

On 6/15/2018 at 11:40 AM, Moscow01 said:

Do yourself a favour and don’t hope for a result that will never happen. If your lads keep the Cougars below 70 they will have done well. Good luck. 

Every week, every time Agelic Cycnic puts a post up supporting his team you shoot him down. 

My nain (grandma) had a saying "If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all". Perhaps adopt that and stop being such an energy drain - at least AC is positive about WWR and very good luck to them at Keighley

1 hour ago, gogledd said:

Every week, every time Agelic Cycnic puts a post up supporting his team you shoot him down. 

My nain (grandma) had a saying "If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all". Perhaps adopt that and stop being such an energy drain - at least AC is positive about WWR and very good luck to them at Keighley

Every week? Behave yourself. 

I wish West Wales well but for crying out loud they’re not going to go and beat Keighley when they’ve just been battered at home by the second worst team in the league are they? 

Get in the real world. 

5 hours ago, gogledd said:

I don’t think AC really believes WWR will win at Keighley but good on him for backing his team. He certainly doesn’t deserve to be shot down the way he is sometimes.

rldfsignature.jpg

7 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

Every week? Behave yourself. 

I wish West Wales well but for crying out loud they’re not going to go and beat Keighley when they’ve just been battered at home by the second worst team in the league are they? 

Get in the real world. 

He's just backing his team and being positive so fair play to him. Who do you support? Are you positive or negative about their chances before every game?

Archived