Sign in to follow this  
ojx

Dewsbury Rams @den

I can only echo what’s been said previously. It’s not TWP’s problem if Dewsbury can’t send over their strongest team for various reasons. They can only play what’s in front of them. Having said that we might see how professional or unprofessional TWP are. In response to Medway Bear I was under the impression that TWP have a process in place to help the visiting teams with any paperwork or electronic information they need to get into the country. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

• Thanks 1

I have an issue with any player not being able to come over due to past "transgressions" if they have paid their dues and walking around freely in the UK (ie not on bail or wearing a bracelet or facing current criminal charges) what the hell is Canada doing banning them? do they expect them to go nuts during their 96hr stopover? I think our immigration dept are getting as bad as the Untied States of America (ie Trump madhouse) with all their machinations. Sorry but I have a real problem with political correctness applied by bureaucrats with a little bit of power. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Graham, which Facebook page?   The Barmy Army one accessed via your club's official Facebook page, or another Facebook page.  I'd love to rib David about it tomorrow but I'd want to be sure of my facts.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry mate,I thought it was on our official banter page. It's on Yvonne Ashton's Facebook page,if you are on Facebook send her a friend request.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I have an issue with any player not being able to come over due to past "transgressions" if they have paid their dues and walking around freely in the UK (ie not on bail or wearing a bracelet or facing current criminal charges) what the hell is Canada doing banning them? do they expect them to go nuts during their 96hr stopover? I think our immigration dept are getting as bad as the Untied States of America (ie Trump madhouse) with all their machinations. Sorry but I have a real problem with political correctness applied by bureaucrats with a little bit of power. 

Again even with a strong criminal record, if you have a solid application to present to the consulate, high commission, they will give the visa (even the USA actually, more difficult but not impossible, for now at least, anyway who wants to go to that country these days...). You just need to know who are your bad guys, which is not easy to do despite background checks and everything.

But of course, in an ideal world, all borders would be open, we are all citizens of the world. Borders are so passé... Think about that next time you vote... I'll lose my job though, but would be happy still.

Kayakman, you enjoying yourself on RLFANS.com. See you have joined the anti -Leigh brigade, well done. We only dislike Toronto because of traitor Paul Rowley, what's your reason. When the middle 8's start, LEIGH are the least of your worries. Salford, Widnes, Hull KR ETC, play QUALITY teams every week, where us championship sides do not. You will soon realize this, once they start.

1 hour ago, clogdance said:

Kayakman, you enjoying yourself on RLFANS.com. See you have joined the anti -Leigh brigade, well done. We only dislike Toronto because of traitor Paul Rowley, what's your reason. When the middle 8's start, LEIGH are the least of your worries. Salford, Widnes, Hull KR ETC, play QUALITY teams every week, where us championship sides do not. You will soon realize this, once they start.

Saw the Salford/Widnes game last night and it is difficult to compare TWP against them when TWP are playing different level of opponents. Widnes, as I understand it, have had a lot of injuries during the season so, if they get healthy for the 8s, they could a different team. I hope TWP win the Championship because that will give TWP 2 games at home against top level teams and we will be able to see whether TWP can live with Super League  teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clogdance said:

Hope to see both Leigh and TWP get through the 8s, they'd both be great additions to SL.

You are right though, it will be tough for Championship teams to play at that level every week. After the Leigh game, Toronto will be coming in to the 8s after run of relatively easy home games. Not the best preparation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RobertAM said:

That’s all well and good Rob but some of the sentences handed out are pathetic. You can kill someone in the UK and be back on the streets within a few years. The perpetrator may have served his time but IMO sometimes the time isn’t anywhere near long enough. I don’t have a problem with stringent border control. I wish we had it in the UK.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

That’s all well and good Rob but some of the sentences handed out are pathetic. You can kill someone in the UK and be back on the streets within a few years. The perpetrator may have served his time but IMO sometimes the time isn’t anywhere near long enough. I don’t have a problem with stringent border control. I wish we had it in the UK.

and if individual particular players fit into that category i'd have no issue with it but it all smacks of bureaucratic high handedness to me

image.png.baf49192131336fd4936d1219c121306.png

Craig Hall gave the win to Leigh with a penalty goal in the last 4 min of the game.

Chance for TWP to put both Fev and Toulouse at -7pts... with 12 pts to take.

33 minutes ago, manu266 said:

Craig Hall gave the win to Leigh with a penalty goal in the last 4 min of the game.

Chance for TWP to put both Fev and Toulouse at -7pts... with 12 pts to take.

That's great for Craig Hall, good on him. I fancy Leigh to end up in 2nd place after that result.  

We should be win the division with 3/4 games to spare (as long as we beat Leigh).  Then it will all be about preparing for the 8s.

Another good strong effort from Toronto...overall very sound....moving the ball well to the wings and utilizing the whole field...at times playing a very expansive game against Dewsbury.

Barrow next week...same game plan methinks.

image.thumb.png.1aa7f376b6dfba8a7e85eaa32e6f24a0.png

No upset but big loss for next visitors Barrow.

image.png.b8eed935dd134e38d7425937775d8bec.png

image.png.5e6f8b46abbf116feb3551204edc40fc.png

Another loss for Leeds and they have a huge game this mid-week against Catalans.

image.png.a8990ac16255a3c85496bb31e89504f4.png

Barrow took 15 players to Featherstone today, including Pownall. Not sure what kind of side they will be able to put out.

Yep, we could have big problems next week and we are not expecting anything but i think what might be interesting next season when you are in the SL, is, how many SL players won't be travelling due to your immigration laws? It could be you will be missing out on seeing some top players, lol. However, I do agree with one comment who wished UK laws were as strict. It is as it is and we will struggle. Kman, show some mercy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TMF said:

Yep, we could have big problems next week and we are not expecting anything but i think what might be interesting next season when you are in the SL, is, how many SL players won't be travelling due to your immigration laws?

Euhhh, due to the incompetence of your players who cannot even fill in an e-form in due time!

15 minutes ago, TMF said:

However, I do agree with one comment who wished UK laws were as strict. 

Well it's like the Brexit mess, you guys don't know what you want. Stricter, not stricter... 

By the way, I think your immigration agents and laws are as tough as in Canada. A bit less stringent than the US, and that's a good thing, but still. Maybe you don't realise it because you have a British passport?

Oh manu266, is that your initials or affiliation to another sport? Chill out. I think you'll find that most teams travelling to Canada have had the same problems. Not the club's fault. What the hell has Brexit got to do with Rugby League? If you are Canadian it's got nothing to do with you either. As for our immigration laws, is that why we have at least 1,000,000 illegal immigrants in the UK, according to our own governments statistics. In other words, they haven't a clue, but I think the people of the UK do. But again, what has that to do with you and Rugby League?  Leave your politics off this forum mate. It's not welcome. 

50 minutes ago, TMF said:

Yep, we could have big problems next week and we are not expecting anything but i think what might be interesting next season when you are in the SL, is, how many SL players won't be travelling due to your immigration laws? It could be you will be missing out on seeing some top players, lol. However, I do agree with one comment who wished UK laws were as strict. It is as it is and we will struggle. Kman, show some mercy.

Mercy...of course I will show mercy (especially for one team in particular!).

As far as I'm concerned these are internal club matters and if a player can't get admitted over here because of a criminal record, poor bookkeeping or any other reason I believe we should just leave it at that and respect their privacy, this is the personal business of the player and club...that is my own opinion though and some may think different since there is a public sports entertainment element to it; but as for me...none of my concern or business...

now back to the a mercy thing....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TMF said:

Oh manu266, is that your initials or affiliation to another sport? Chill out. I think you'll find that most teams travelling to Canada have had the same problems. Not the club's fault. What the hell has Brexit got to do with Rugby League? If you are Canadian it's got nothing to do with you either. As for our immigration laws, is that why we have at least 1,000,000 illegal immigrants in the UK, according to our own governments statistics. In other words, they haven't a clue, but I think the people of the UK do. But again, what has that to do with you and Rugby League?  Leave your politics off this forum mate. It's not welcome. 

You said you want stricter immigration rules. Isn't that politics? You said our rules are too strict, isn't that politics? You started it mate! (well DP started it I guess, but it was less vocal).

Ok, I shouldn't have mention Brexit, but you are confused too. 1 million illegal immigrants, what does it have to do with professional players visiting a foreign team? Stricter rules for visitors is one thing, illegal immigration in another debate. And I agree with you let's not go there.

But if you thing the UK is more welcoming to foreign players, take a look at this https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38069036

And this https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/mike-danton-denied-visa-in-england-putting-pro-return-on-hold/  

or this https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/526940/Call-of-Duty-eSports-Player-Iraqi-Refused-entry-at-UK-Border-Police-Calais

And maybe this too https://www.thesouthafrican.com/banned-from-the-uk-famous-faces-and-why-they-were-denied-entry/

Shall I continue?

9 hours ago, manu266 said:

You said you want stricter immigration rules. Isn't that politics? You said our rules are too strict, isn't that politics? You started it mate! (well DP started it I guess, but it was less vocal).

Ok, I shouldn't have mention Brexit, but you are confused too. 1 million illegal immigrants, what does it have to do with professional players visiting a foreign team? Stricter rules for visitors is one thing, illegal immigration in another debate. And I agree with you let's not go there.

But if you thing the UK is more welcoming to foreign players, take a look at this https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38069036

And this https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/mike-danton-denied-visa-in-england-putting-pro-return-on-hold/  

or this https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/526940/Call-of-Duty-eSports-Player-Iraqi-Refused-entry-at-UK-Border-Police-Calais

And maybe this too https://www.thesouthafrican.com/banned-from-the-uk-famous-faces-and-why-they-were-denied-entry/

Shall I continue?

Nope, you win.

11 hours ago, manu266 said:

Shall I continue?

You had me with you all the way there manu until you quoted the Daily Star.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

You had me with you all the way there manu until you quoted the Daily Star.

Oh sh***, I didn't even realised that infamy, won't happen again I swear!

Apologies for the lateness of this but I have been away on heavy ecclesiastical duties for a week or two and have only just got round to watching the highlights of the game. At least I got my wish and we were competitive, particularly for the first 20 minutes of the second half but Patterson in particular was on fire so it was an honest but ultimately futile performance. Two other things did catch my attention though; the female commentator was refreshingly naive (or was she being super ironic in suggesting Dews  shape up for a “field goal” on their very first attack?!) and, given time, could do well. Secondly I noted a big four storey building at the opposite end of the ground to, I believe, King Street? No doubt someone had asked before but what is it? It looks like a Lancashire cotton mill to me - the Leythers will feel at home today at least! Good luck but I am sure you don’t need me to tell you it won’t be as easy as it has been for you today!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

Apologies for the lateness of this but I have been away on heavy ecclesiastical duties for a week or two and have only just got round to watching the highlights of the game. At least I got my wish and we were competitive, particularly for the first 20 minutes of the second half but Patterson in particular was on fire so it was an honest but ultimately futile performance. Two other things did catch my attention though; the female commentator was refreshingly naive (or was she being super ironic in suggesting Dews  shape up for a “field goal” on their very first attack?!) and, given time, could do well. Secondly I noted a big four storey building at the opposite end of the ground to, I believe, King Street? No doubt someone had asked before but what is it? It looks like a Lancashire cotton mill to me - the Leythers will feel at home today at least! Good luck but I am sure you don’t need me to tell you it won’t be as easy as it has been for you today!

That area of the city was historically home to industrial buildings, warehouses, and small manufacturing. Many buildings stood empty for years but a few have been restored as offices and residential lofts so the exteriors are maintained. I don't know the history of the building you noticed, but it's currently head office for Kobo, who sell e-readers and e-books. No one had yet kicked a conversion quite that far over the south end sticks, but the ball frequently bounces off cars in the south end car parks.

ball went into King street last weekend and didn't hit anything (in between streetcars unfortunately for the entertainment factor) but some lucky passerby scooped it up