Sign in to follow this  
The Future is League

Kieran Foran on his way to Super League?

10 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Plus the Morris twins.

Aside from J-Moz current injury, the twins are at least in some form. The decline of Foran over the last couple of years is amazing. I'm sure his dad can hook him up with a job - I think he's still the CEO of Walmart in USA.  https://corporate.walmart.com/our-story/leadership/executive-management/greg-foran

Really fell off a cliff in recent years . Plagued by problems and injuries and just can’t recapture any of of his old form with the ongoing problems with his body so I’d say a no go

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Really fell off a cliff in recent years . Plagued by problems and injuries and just can’t recapture any of of his old form with the ongoing problems with his body so I’d say a no go

Off to either Catalan, Salford, KR or Widnes then!!

They seem to have got themselves in a right mess there. You’ve got to wonder how they’ve managed that , someone must be accountable . Having to ship off players and still pay them off the cap ? Manly as well , you wonder about the governance of clubs 

Edited by DavidM

Off field issues,injury prone,no form,I'm struggling to see what he would bring to a club,Morris twins would be great signings,still playing well for a struggling Bulldogs team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

They seem to have got themselves in a right mess there. You’ve got to wonder how they’ve managed that , someone must be accountable . Having to ship off players and still pay them off the cap ? Manly as well , you wonder about the governance of clubs 

The funniest thing is that the ceo of the Bulldogs in this period, and as such is perhaps most accountable for the current mess, is now the head of the ARU! 

Won't come here. This happens alot in NRL, basically Cantebury want him off the books so will give him a golden handshake to retire. But that means he has to stay retired he can't just turn up at another club next season.

3 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Hasn’t Sharon Woods just the joined the club? Didn’t they ship off Graham for him?

For now , on his way to Cronulla apparently . Mbye to West’s .Total basket case 

56 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Hasn’t Sharon Woods just the joined the club? Didn’t they ship off Graham for him?

hes total garbage, most over rated forward down under, the morris twins however have both been great players, scoring and saving countless tries betwwen them over the years, still good enough for any side any where

5 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

Won't come here. This happens alot in NRL, basically Cantebury want him off the books so will give him a golden handshake to retire. But that means he has to stay retired he can't just turn up at another club next season.

Does that mean retired from the NRL or retired from Rugby League altogether?

The Morris twins are past their best but still do a good job in NRL or SL. Foran is still young enough to get himself right. It’s sad to see his plight but it’s too early to consign him to the scrap heap. I’ve always admired him and definitely think he’s worth a punt. I would certainly take him at Leeds

12 hours ago, DavidM said:

They gambled on the Salary Cap being higher than 10 Million. They got a massive shock when it was announced as being just 9.4 and they had to somehow had to lose around a rumoured 800K on that alone. They had signed a number of players on a bigger contract than worth and signed others on Contracts that saw them pick up a very high wage at the end of the Contract. They were left high and dry by poor decision making by Des Hasler and the now Australian Rugby Head Raelene Castle. They paid Des a million dollars recently to keep quiet on things! In the NRL Coaches Wages form part of the Salary Cap as well. Not sure if the Million has any sway in current matters-probably not! They are also paying  big money still on former players like James Graham, Sam Kasiano etc as they will with Mbye when he goes to the Tigers. All this resulted in them in a mess.

the question must be asked why did the NRL allow them to sign Woods and Foran for example,  when it was already clear they was going to struggle to stay under the Cap even without signing them? I know its the Bulldogs fault but why did the NRL do nothing? Manly are in a similar position and again you have to ask why the NRL didnt act sooner and help both clubs from going over the cap by such big amounts. Just another example of how useless the NRL at in running all aspects of the game for me.

16 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

They gambled on the Salary Cap being higher than 10 Million. They got a massive shock when it was announced as being just 9.4 and they had to somehow had to lose around a rumoured 800K on that alone. They had signed a number of players on a bigger contract than worth and signed others on Contracts that saw them pick up a very high wage at the end of the Contract. They were left high and dry by poor decision making by Des Hasler and the now Australian Rugby Head Raelene Castle. They paid Des a million dollars recently to keep quiet on things! In the NRL Coaches Wages form part of the Salary Cap as well. Not sure if the Million has any sway in current matters-probably not! They are also paying  big money still on former players like James Graham, Sam Kasiano etc as they will with Mbye when he goes to the Tigers. All this resulted in them in a mess.

the question must be asked why did the NRL allow them to sign Woods and Foran for example,  when it was already clear they was going to struggle to stay under the Cap even without signing them? I know its the Bulldogs fault but why did the NRL do nothing? Manly are in a similar position and again you have to ask why the NRL didnt act sooner and help both clubs from going over the cap by such big amounts. Just another example of how useless the NRL at in running all aspects of the game for me.

The NRL say it is not their job to be look at how Clubs are signing players and the way they back end contracts.

"While NRL has said it is the responsibility of clubs to manage how they contract players, the Bulldogs have already implemented a number of new signing protocols to ensure things don’t get out of hand again."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/castle-denies-being-architect-of-bulldogs-salary-cap-woes-20180525-p4zhk9.html

They are individually run private business with qualified Accountants  (you would think)

Several Clubs have been badly run for a long time, Parramatta and Manly would be just a couple that come to mind.

53 minutes ago, Allora said:

The NRL say it is not their job to be look at how Clubs are signing players and the way they back end contracts.

"While NRL has said it is the responsibility of clubs to manage how they contract players, the Bulldogs have already implemented a number of new signing protocols to ensure things don’t get out of hand again."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/castle-denies-being-architect-of-bulldogs-salary-cap-woes-20180525-p4zhk9.html

They are individually run private business with qualified Accountants  (you would think)

Several Clubs have been badly run for a long time, Parramatta and Manly would be just a couple that come to mind.

As usual the NRL passing the buck. The NRL could have stopped this mess and the mess elsewhere by refusing to register the signings for me. Why would they allow Clubs to register players if they are so far over the Cap and then fine them hundreds of thousands of dollars like Manly? Whats the point of the Salary Cap Auditor then?  And when are we going to get the full story from the NRL about Parra Salary Cap Problems from 2015 as Greenberg promised? The NRL under Greenberg are forever shifting the blame on to others if they can-like the Sin Bin Fiasco for example and this. And as usual failing to properly regulate the Clubs. The sooner Greenberg and his Clown friend Peter Beattie, who comes across as having no idea on the game, the games history and making dumb comments, the better for the game!

28 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

As usual the NRL passing the buck. The NRL could have stopped this mess and the mess elsewhere by refusing to register the signings for me. Why would they allow Clubs to register players if they are so far over the Cap and then fine them hundreds of thousands of dollars like Manly? Whats the point of the Salary Cap Auditor then?  And when are we going to get the full story from the NRL about Parra Salary Cap Problems from 2015 as Greenberg promised? The NRL under Greenberg are forever shifting the blame on to others if they can-like the Sin Bin Fiasco for example and this. And as usual failing to properly regulate the Clubs. The sooner Greenberg and his Clown friend Peter Beattie, who comes across as having no idea on the game, the games history and making dumb comments, the better for the game!

The NRL passing the buck! I get the point about the role of the Salary Cap Auditor, but this is 100% the clubs problem.

If any club signed Foran in his present form would simply prove they haven't got a clue. I don't know what's happened.

Signing this guy, on such big money, was incredibly irresponsible. The bulldogs are getting what they deserve. Most people take more care with their fantasy league teams than the Bulldogs have done with their roster.