Donny reaction

town4me

Thought we played really well first half both in attack and defence. Looked good when the ball was moved and defended well against what was a pretty ordinary Doncaster team. If we had kept the same intensity in the 2nd half we could easily have put 50 on them but our handling was atrocious. Good to see some better kicking options and pat on the back for newts 40 20. Thought jack Blagbourgh deserved the man of the match for the way he led the defensive line in that first half. It seemed to me that he was the one who was making sure we got in among them and he had some strong carries. Thought Sam was outstanding at full back, his positional play on kicks was excellent and made good yards on kick returns. Got to make sure we play with that 1st 40 intensity right through games both at home and away. 

14 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Thought we played really well first half both in attack and defence. Looked good when the ball was moved and defended well against what was a pretty ordinary Doncaster team. If we had kept the same intensity in the 2nd half we could easily have put 50 on them but our handling was atrocious. Good to see some better kicking options and pat on the back for newts 40 20. Thought jack Blagbourgh deserved the man of the match for the way he led the defensive line in that first half. It seemed to me that he was the one who was making sure we got in among them and he had some strong carries. Thought Sam was outstanding at full back, his positional play on kicks was excellent and made good yards on kick returns. Got to make sure we play with that 1st 40 intensity right through games both at home and away. 

Yeah the only slight downside was the score could quite easily have been by 40-50pts. Still at very good show from the lads.

Sam was MOM for me, never put a foot wrong and looked sharp and elusive, he's only going to get better. They were average but our defence is solid , against a better side our kicking would need to be better, it was good and bad. I pity Hemel next week while FFMM is on the field! Looking at the fixtures we could be fourth come this time next Sunday.

Gutted I missed today. Leon must be pleased he got the reaction he was looking for after a testing week. For some reason I always feel calmer when Sam plays FB. Ell can' have any issues. He's getting plenty of tries at the moment. Great result to hopefully start a run of results.

Good effort from the lads today. We made Donny look ordinary which was no mean feat.

First half we played some good solid rugby even with 12 men and defended well too. Our pack was dominant and we controlled it completely. They really struggled and only had two attacking moves which they tried over and over.

Second half we started well then lost our way a bit and the intensity went off. But still easily deserved the win, could have and should have been more. After a good first half the ref must have had magic mushrooms at half time as he didn't know where he was in the second half.

FFMM is a sure fire crowd pleaser ain't he? No arguments for MOM was a difficult call.

Interesting next couple of weeks with the fixtures coming up.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Really pleased with sams performance yesterday and will just improve the more he plays fullback, what a difference it is when your fullback after he catches it runs it back with enthusiasm instead of half hearted or looking to pass! Doncaster looked poor because we got in their faces and some of our defence was huge. Any worries of team spirit being down totally blown out of the water..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

21 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Really pleased with sams performance yesterday and will just improve the more he plays fullback, what a difference it is when your fullback after he catches it runs it back with enthusiasm instead of half hearted or looking to pass! Doncaster looked poor because we got in their faces and some of our defence was huge. Any worries of team spirit being down totally blown out of the water..

Yeah good hands from sam yesterday. Mopped up everything thrown at him and returned the ball well, and good vision and a quality pass to put elliot in for a try in the corner

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

Yep good performance that yesterday. Really good benchmark against a close rival who we quite frankly made look very ordinary. 

I liked the work ethic of Morris and he looked like he ran great lines. Moore put in a really solid effort again as did JP , love to see JP get a couple of tries next week, he's played well this year but never seems to get any chances to finish off. 

all played really well. thought the build up to the first try was something else with JP and Olstrum linking down the main stand side. to be honest i thought they deserved to be nilled but one try against isn't that bad. defensive efforts were brilliant especially when down to 12 and with whistle happy seemingly trying to play 13th man..

Thought Newts was on fire; great one on one strip and 40-20 and ‘he gets knocked down he gets up again you ain’t never going to keep him down’. 

Defence looks so good at home; I credit that with making Donny look poor.

As has been said 2nd half littered with errors so could even have been better. Other than Dawson getting a few poor calls thought ref didn’t have much choice with the whistle. 

Yes Morris much like Barnes and if only Olstrum had got that off-load to him 2nd half he was through.

17 hours ago, Oneday said:

Other than Dawson getting a few poor calls thought ref didn’t have much choice with the whistle. 

I thought the sin bin was harsh, the off side pens especially the Morris one where he read the move and sprinted out ,  the ball strip in the second half called as a knock on when the ball shot out so it was obvious, and when we offloaded it went backwards and a ko was called, the pen against olly for dumping the guy early on.

But maybe im biased...... ?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Sadly missed this one as was away but reading the comments on here i am pleased Sam played well at Fullback and that is where he should be.Very good to also see Newts doing well and I personally would start him next week against Hemel to give Penky a bit of a rest and keep him fit for the Oldham game.Looking at the Hemel game I would be giving game time to Kurt Maudling and Joe Hambley and any other fringe players who are fit.

The ref was terrible in the 2nd half, it must frustrate players when a ref totally changes how hes refereeing a game as he did. Started finding offsides all over the place, giving knock ons etc.

1 hour ago, Oneday said:

Voodoo you're not one of those who shriek abuse at the ref and linesman continually throughout the match are you?

Ha ha no not usually, the constant "Gerrem onside" shouts wind me up. But sometimes the ref's in this league especially frustrate me to the point they get a bit off me. Not that they can hear it of course!!

Is there a good referee in this league? There seems to be an arrogance about some of the young ones and not in a good way. All I want to see, no matter how good or bad they are, is consistency. It appears to be to much to ask though.

1 hour ago, Marrafan said:

Is there a good referee in this league? There seems to be an arrogance about some of the young ones and not in a good way. All I want to see, no matter how good or bad they are, is consistency. It appears to be to much to ask though.

Exactly if your giving a penalty for something in the first minute the same ref should be giving it in the last minute! The refs in this league just seem to make it up as they go on, on sunday did anyone else see eliott miller tell the touchjudge where he should be standing? I mean you couldn't make it up..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Archived