Bearman

Team for Toronto

After the worrying situation last week will we have a team for Canada?

Paul Rowley seens happy to lend us players. Is it feasible/desirable to borrow some Canadian based spare players?

Or is it time to offer some local amatuers a freebie trip?

They aren't letting Johnny Pownall play against them so I can't see them lending us any more yet, let alone letting them play against us!

Edited by steve75

1 hour ago, steve75 said:

They aren't letting Johnny Pownall play against them so I can't see them lending us any more yet, let alone letting them play against us!

Amatuers it is then?

Probably too late for Canadian estas? ?

If you look at all the players who have turned out for the Raiders this season(29) and then check the current position..

left (1),amateur(1),suspended(1),work (2),visa(1),loan ineligible(1)

that leaves 22 of who 9 were injured prior to Fev Game..so assuming no further injuries (big assumption given walking wounded at the end of the game)...then we have 13 available for the Toronto trip.Perhaps some of the injuries may clear up although there must be at least 5 long term..it's clearly going to be a tough ask  and surely  not in the interest of player welfare...

I fear for us on saturday. Our points difference looks like it'll be taking a hammering in the minus column. I make it we only have around 15 players available for Toronto and only 4 of these are backs !!!!  Unbelievable. Just hope we can regroup after this rough spell and finish strongly. Its gonna be a twitchy time come the 7 extra fixtures. Can see us only having 3 from 7 at home and only one of them will be against a team finishing lower than us during the regular season.

Edited by Bring back GB

Agree with Wandering Pete. We are in a bad way. But i'm still glad we didn't go down the DR route. We're not going to get many points, if any, till the end of the season rounds. What we need to do now, is look after our first team players who are injured, tired, banned, etc and get our squad together for the play offs. 

Let's assume no more points till then, although I think we might sneak a couple. I hope. We can beat any team below us at CP.  If you look at the table, that really makes it difficult for the teams below us to catch up. Remember, they will be taking points off each other. I don't care if we get beat by 70 points in Toronto. Did we expect to win at Leeds last year?  So, heads up guys/gals. Cresta knows the score and i'm sure he will be preparing the squad for the play offs. I'm just happy to have the points advantage we have got.

• Like 1

If we can sneak another win or two before the regular season ends we will be almost impossible to catch.

Remaining fixtures :- Toronto away, FAX HOME, Dewsbury away, TOULOUSE HOME, Sheffield away, LONDON HOME.

No easy ones but surely we must be going all out to get something at Sheffield and Dewsbury !

Does it matter GB? The play offs are where it all happens.As Worky and Haven found to their cost. But I would love to think you are right. Where do think we will sneak a win or two?

It would be much more comforting going into the 8s with a couple more wins under our belts, not only as a cushion but also to boost to our confidence. Don't forget Swinton and Rochdale have dual reg arrangements and will be desperate in the 8s !!!!!

Also, we must be due an away win !!!!!!!

You're dead right. But there are rules about DR players in the play offs. This is where it could come back to bite them. Also I don't get why we can't beat teams away who we stuff at CP?

Just a bit of fun and a stat. On average, points for and against in every game, we come out at losing every game 20-30. The good news is every team below us, obviously, are worse off. Thing is, if we get beat beat Saturday 50-0, that goes to 18-31. The other teams are in order of rank below us :

Sheffield - 20-36  (16 point dif)

Dewsbury - 17-32  (15 point dif)

Swinton - 16-35  (19 point dif)

Hornets - 14-35 (21point dif)

Like I said, just a bit of fun, but it tells me if we can keep Toronto below a 50 point win, it's not a disaster, in fact it's a good result. We have a 10 point dif at the moment. I think defence and one more win will do it. Then we start again.

Is there any news on who has and who has not travelled to Canada?

10 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Is there any news on who has and who has not travelled to Canada?

How are we supposed to make up a program over here if we don't know who is coming?...Bearman if you guys are going to need me as a fill in for the game you gotta let me know now so I can bring my cleats!  Come on Coach...put me in!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

How are we supposed to make up a program over here if we don't know who is coming?...Bearman if you guys are going to need me as a fill in for the game you gotta let me know now so I can bring my cleats!  Come on Coach...put me in!

Thats a good shout Kman. I think you would be pretty useful playing on the wing.

You can certainly move fast as I saw when  you disappeared out of the door when someone mentioned it was your round.

Must be all the practise you get dodging bears😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From a good source I believe we are taking 17 players to Toronto and 1/2 may be local lads from local teams. If that's the case, i'm delighted.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

Ben Garner from Barrow Island is playing. Great lad, great player.

4 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

Chris Fleming is making a comeback too for the trip !!!!!

Forget DR!....this is the way it should be done...give me their numbers and I will cheer them when they come on....what an opportunity for these guys!

WELL DONE BARROW FOR SUPPORTING YOUR OWN!

Edited by Kayakman
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Forget DR!....this is the way it should be done...give me their numbers and I will cheer them when they come on....what an opportunity for these guys!

WELL DONE BARROW FOR SUPPORTING YOUR OWN!

More info on the players here. Well done Barrow.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-raiders/article/Dynamic-duo-Fleming-and-Garner-fly-to-Barrow-Raiders-rescue-for-Toronto-Wolfpack-trip-93a1af88-ef1c-4e01-996a-05342f755a5c-ds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TMF said:

From a good source I believe we are taking 17 players to Toronto and 1/2 may be local lads from local teams. If that's the case, i'm delighted.

Get a new source ;-)

59 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

Great article....I hope one of them scores a try...I really do!  What a memory that would be.

• Like 2

agree with all the comments..well done Barrow!!! True Dunkirk spirit...love it

5 hours ago, millomite said:

Get a new source 😉

Sorry millomite, what was it you were saying?