Sign in to follow this  
RayH

Next coach?

13 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

Fingers crossed it's someone with strong connections to the local RL community

Such as who?

Matt Calland Mayfield coach,3rd from the foot of NCL.There was a lot of support for him before Alan Kilshaw was appointed.Give up our association with the Wire? train at Oulder Hill school again? Speaking for myself  I would be pleased if AK continued with an extended contract.

• Like 2

There’s no money in the game, particularly at this level so players need to want to play for the coach. The couple of times I’ve spoken to Kilshaw he’s seemed a nice bloke but I’ve been told 3 times he has no respect in the changing room. Hes struggled to keep a squad together, lots of quality has left and not on the best of terms. We need a coach with plenty of experience, contacts and standing to draw players in.

2 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

There’s no money in the game, particularly at this level so players need to want to play for the coach. The couple of times I’ve spoken to Kilshaw he’s seemed a nice bloke but I’ve been told 3 times he has no respect in the changing room. Hes struggled to keep a squad together, lots of quality has left and not on the best of terms. We need a coach with plenty of experience, contacts and standing to draw players in.

You've obviously got a grudge against him,Idoubt very much you will succeed in getting him sacked no one takes any notice of rumour spreading.Are Matt Calland And Ged Corcaran the ticket then.Did you see Mayfield v Myton?

10 hours ago, mickhornet said:

You've obviously got a grudge against him,Idoubt very much you will succeed in getting him sacked no one takes any notice of rumour spreading.Are Matt Calland And Ged Corcaran the ticket then.Did you see Mayfield v Myton?

Hi Mick - Well done for quoting one game of Matts tenure at Mayfield I'll give you one or two more stats.

• National Cup Winner - Mayfield
  • Grand Final - Halifax
  • Numerous players introduced into the professional ranks via the Hopwood Hall framework
  • Hopwood Hall national college cup champions
  • International coaching experience
  • Played at the highest level within the professional ranks
  • Hopwood Hall now partnered with Salford Reds due to the success of the academy. (A college based in Rochdale now liked to Salford - I'll leave you with that one)

I think that you will find that his win ratio whist he has been at Mayfield is extremely healthy.

But yes the Myton game was not great, very astute of you, however the Players still respect Matt and want to play for him - there is no dressing room split.

We will  have to wait and see then Mark, what happens from now to the seasons end,then next year.It wont be on here however.Its up to the members to decide if they want change.