Sign in to follow this  
hrtbps

Luke Briscoe to Leeds

2 minutes ago, eltel said:

Dwyer all day for me I really rated him before yesterdays game he is a breath of fresh air with speed and very quick at the play the ball however I cannot see him wanting to move to fev he will probably get his chance at Leeds now coach has been sacked I also think there will be a bit of a clear out at Leeds especially some overweight unfit forwards.

Best we can hope for is perhaps that we might get Dwyer for the next couple of matches, most likely he’ll be back in the Leeds team next week.

4 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

As a point of interest, who would everyone rather have at Halifax next week, Luke or Dwyer? It would be nice to have both but I wonder if some sort of gentlemen's agreement has been struck up between the two clubs over Luke?

Given our current line-up and emphasis on fast, down-the-middle play, and with scorching temperatures forecast again next Sunday, probably Dwyer. The Rochdale game must have created some sort of record in terms of a team scoring 80 points yet neither winger scoring...our game plan could not be more different now compared with when Ridyard and Holmes were at half back and Luke's main contribution would probably be from dummy half, the ball doesn't seem to get to our wings much now. Am not necessarily being negative here, the changed game plan has worked very well and we have been rolling the opposition and scoring tries for fun up the middle, but obviously that's going to be tougher against Fax.

As lethal as Dwyer's finishing was yesterday, you could also see why perhaps he hasn't been making the Leeds team...maybe it's rustiness but his passing has been well below what you'd expect at Championship level both in that game and the Dewsbury one, on a couple of occasions in each game he's missed the intended receiver altogether and there isn't the zip to his passes that Carlile and Wildie have.

On the other hand, his speed and nippiness can scare defences, and we saw how vulnerable Fax might be to that when Wildie gave them fits when he came on at the Bash.

If we don't have Luke next week, though, Misi remains a bit of a worry for me...even switched to the wing, Rochdale's sole try came from a bad read, you have to trust the guy inside you in situations like that.

It would be a good battle between Dwyer and Moore down the middle as Moore seems to have had a field day against Fev twice this season already. Both teams with big solid packs but both susceptable to quick runs out of dummy half.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

It would be a good battle between Dwyer and Moore down the middle as Moore seems to have had a field day against Fev twice this season already. Both teams with big solid packs but both susceptable to quick runs out of dummy half.

???? When ? Was when you scored all of 4 points at P.O.R.

It would be a good battle between Dwyer and Moore down the middle as Moore seems to have had a field day against Fev twice this season already.

Moore's a decent 9 for sure and a similar style of player to Dwyer but I don't remember him making all that much impact against us in our home game, and my memories of the Bash are that he was comprehensively outplayed by Wildie when they came on around the same time, missed tackles for the first two Fev tries and generally struggled defensively against Hock and co.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

34 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Moore's a decent 9 for sure and a similar style of player to Dwyer but I don't remember him making all that much impact against us in our home game, and my memories of the Bash are that he was comprehensively outplayed by Wildie when they came on around the same time, missed tackles for the first two Fev tries and generally struggled defensively against Hock and co.

I think he made the match winning tackle. 😎

Oxy. What is your take on how this important game will go and who do you think the victor will be .??

42 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Oxy. What is your take on how this important game will go and who do you think the victor will be .??

Get ready for a predictable response........

3 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Im not usually confident for our games but I think we will win this one. I said a few weeks back I thought we would get 2nd which would mean us winning every game. If we lose it will be hard to make the top 4. I cant see either team running away with it so expecting a tight game.

Im not usually confident for our games but I think we will win this one. I said a few weeks back I thought we would get 2nd which would mean us winning every game. If we lose it will be hard to make the top 4. I cant see either team running away with it so expecting a tight game.

I'm convinced it will be Fev's hardest game. They'll beat London at home everything being equal and there is no change of coach or further injuries to key players. As I've stated before, Toronto will have one eye on the qualifiers once they've sealed top spot. It's not tiddlywinks and if they're not up for it they could come unstuck against a side prepared to put their bodies on the line.