Sign in to follow this  
Krzzystuff

Briscoe off to Leeds...why?

Fev clearly didn't think they could get promoted if they made top 4 but will this haunt them in the end? top 4 isn't locked in yet for them and its a crazy competitive year...doesn't make sense to me.

http://www.totalrl.com/rhinos-sign-featherstone-star-briscoe-on-loan/

Edited by Krzzystuff

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

Fev are going to get their player back on dual reg from the club they loaned him to?

They can't send him to Leeds on dual reg and I'd assume you can't sign someone on loan for just 1 game so yeah you right it makes a mockery of the system

How many DR games would he have to play for Fev in order to be able to play in the 8's for them?

You scratch my back un I, ll scratch yours, that's what this is. 

There's something very strange about this. It may be entirely benign but I wonder....

Luke Briscoe is probably one of the players outside Super League most of interest to top flight clubs next winter. Are Leeds positioning themselves as first in the queue to sign him?

But why would Leeds need another winger?

Ryan Hall still hasn't signed a new contract (or been announced as signing a new contract). I know Hetherington likes to keep these new contracts in a drawer waiting for an opportune time to reveal some good news but maybe it's not been as straightforward as some had expected?

Isn't this the 3rd time he's joined Leeds now?

I hope this wasn't the imminent big signing that was muted

• Like 1

Am a fev fan, but cant help but laugh at this, what a joke the game has become. Biggest club in country have to borrow players off little old fev. Remember when leeds would have a dozen top quality youngsters knocking the door down for 1st team rugby. But people cant see the game is well and truely on its backside.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

He'll be back at Fev on DR once Hall returns from England duty.

24 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

How many DR games would he have to play for Fev in order to be able to play in the 8's for them?

he wont be on DR he's a FEV player

Don't loan players have to stay on loan for a month at least before they can play for their parents club again? Leeds only need him for one game.

Just now, M j M said:

Don't loan players have to stay on loan for a month at least before they can play for their parents club again? Leeds only need him for one game.

I thought that was the case. Who knows what arrangements have been made. DR/Loans regulations seem to change all of the time

14 minutes ago, M j M said:

18 minutes ago, POR said:

he wont be on DR he's a FEV player

I beg to differ:

Hetherington said: “He has been transferred from Featherstone to Leeds Rhinos.

“He is a contracted Rhinos player and will be on our payroll.

“He will be available to play for Leeds Rhinos and also for Featherstone Rovers as a dual-registration player.”

11 minutes ago, M j M said:

no you put riders in stating he can be called back at short notice if parent club have injury crisis which

1 minute ago, terrywebbisgod said:

I beg to differ:

“He will be available to play for Leeds Rhinos and also for Featherstone Rovers as a dual-registration player.”

So not a loan, but an actual signing. That makes sense to allow DR back

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

I beg to differ:

Has a transfer fee been involved in this transaction?

1 minute ago, Chris22 said:

Hopefully this is the kind of nonsense that Elstone will clamp down on in the future!

Not if it siuts SL, it will clearly not be considered nonesense.

• Like 2

Just now, terrywebbisgod said:

I beg to differ:

but FEV say He will return to the LD Nutrition Stadium in October to commence the remaining season of his three-year deal with the Rovers, which expires at the end of the 2019 campaign.

8 minutes ago, POR said:

but FEV say He will return to the LD Nutrition Stadium in October to commence the remaining season of his three-year deal with the Rovers, which expires at the end of the 2019 campaign.

So he's signed a short term deal at Leeds.Neither of us know the exact ins and outs of the deal.

Briscoe had been contracted to Rovers for 2019 and is expected to rejoin them in the closed-season.

Hetherington added: “At the end of the season Featherstone Rovers and Leeds Rhinos and Luke himself will assess plans for 2019.

“He could well return to Featherstone, in a sense Featherstone will have an option to take him back.

“A lot will depend on how he is progressing and everything else.

“That is the strength of the relationship the two clubs have got.”

Edited by terrywebbisgod

Just now, terrywebbisgod said:

So he's signed a short term deal at Leeds.Neither of us know the exact ins and outs of the deal.

its all smoke and mirrors