Sign in to follow this  
Tim Streets tache

Cas stadium plans!!

Looks like it'll be a great facility. Just shy of 2000 for the away end is a little small imo? 

Problem is it's a freebie. Cas have to (all intent and purpose) take what they're given with very little room for change.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

36 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

10k is a joke, would this be ok for wigan or leeds? shows nil ambition - lets hope they can add on to the ground later

Cas aren't Wigan or Leeds.

10k is fine for Cas. They will soon start making enough money from hospitality, and spend much less fixing the cracks in the terracing, to build an extension as and when they need it.

• Like 9

Must admit I'm not au fait with local politics in the West Riding.

Is this actually happening or is it a ploy to pre-empt any suggestion the Jungle is not up to snuff in Elstone's brave new world? <cough> Wakefield <cough>?

10k does sound a bit on the low side for a team with genuine ambition. Personally would have thought they would have gone for 15K with room to improve capacity.

A larger capacity could of also attracted possible RL event days.. semi-finals, that kind of thing.

Regardless, good to see something (possibly) happening.

• Like 2

I agree 10k is a little small but Castleford’s room for growth is limited and I prefer grounds that are full for most games. Personally i’d have liked to have seen12,000 with the option to expand.

• Like 1

By the looks of the video its 10k with an option to fill thw corners to 12k. The two ends seem rather small for standing only for me.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

10k is a joke, would this be ok for wigan or leeds? shows nil ambition - lets hope they can add on to the ground later

It's ok there will be another plan and fancy video for another Cas stadium next year,that might have a bigger capacity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

It's ok there will be another plan and fancy video for another Cas stadium next year,that might have a bigger capacity.

To be fair I can understand this type of snide comment.

Too many false dawns and it really does need to happen.

To me it will only be real when I am watching a game there.

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

10k does sound a bit on the low side for a team with genuine ambition. Personally would have thought they would have gone for 15K with room to improve capacity.

A larger capacity could of also attracted possible RL event days.. semi-finals, that kind of thing.

Regardless, good to see something (possibly) happening.

Have you been round that area at the weekend with the traffic already grid locked going to Xscape and Junction 32? Be great with semi finals etc there! 

What's the capacity of Wheldon Road? I know Wikipedia says 11,775 but is that accurate? If so it seems a little crazy to agree to 10k now and surely they'd be better contributing, if need be, to get it up to 12k.

• Like 1

I do hope this comes to fruition i hope too, that Cas find its too small and have to expand to handle the extra fans . 

No more https://goo.gl/images/75xEqq

Edited by JohnM

34 minutes ago, Damien said:

What's the capacity of Wheldon Road? I know Wikipedia says 11,775 but is that accurate? If so it seems a little crazy to agree to 10k now and surely they'd be better contributing, if need be, to get it up to 12k.

11500 roughly I think now.  The plans do have an option to fill the corners in taking it beyond 12k.  I think the Cas board have identified an opportunity to fund this, hes called Zak ;) (joking before dumb and dumber go into meltdown again!)

10k is a bit small, 12k is fine for the medium term certainly.  Either way  if it comes off (and I'll be pessimistic until I'm stood in it) it's will be a great deal for Cas.  The enhanced corporate and sponsorship income it could generate are probably as important as the capacity, and of cause not having the costs associated with maintaining an ancient stadium is a biggy too.

So a few days after the mention of ' minimum standards ' we see yet another ' proposal ' , sorry these things only count when actually 100 % built and being used , well thats how the RFL considered an 80% finished LSV that they had actually visited back in 2008

Just now, GUBRATS said:

So a few days after the mention of ' minimum standards ' we see yet another ' proposal ' , sorry these things only count when actually 100 % built and being used , well thats how the RFL considered an 80% finished LSV that they had actually visited back in 2008

It's hardly a new proposal..

2 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

It's hardly a new proposal..

OK , so a re-hash of an old one , again a few days after the mention of ' minimum standards ' , Cas have already had rules changed once to allow them back into SL , Dont get me wrong Cas are a very good club , one I would aspire Leigh to emulate , but we cannot see basic rules being bent again , whatever minimum standards apply to entry must also apply to already ' being in '

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

OK , so a re-hash of an old one , again a few days after the mention of ' minimum standards ' , Cas have already had rules changed once to allow them back into SL , Dont get me wrong Cas are a very good club , one I would aspire Leigh to emulate , but we cannot see basic rules being bent again , whatever minimum standards apply to entry must also apply to already ' being in '

Think the event was planned a while ago, so doubt it was a response to the rfl.  Don't get me wrong not a fan of the rfl's regards their approach to stadia standards over the years.

Yorkshire Evening Post showing their incompetence again repeatedly describing it as an all seater despite the proposals clearly stating that two stands are all standing.

2 hours ago, fevtom said:

Yorkshire Evening Post showing their incompetence again repeatedly describing it as an all seater despite the proposals clearly stating that two stands are all standing.

... and Cas describing it as a community stadium...

16 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

... and Cas describing it as a community stadium...

Wakey fans will get the benefits too.  Twice a year most years.

And the difference between the last one and this one is? I assume spending money on an I phone video is driven by local politics rather than pressure within the game. 

I would be astonished if SL found a way to put in place genuine minimum standards which wouldn’t find a place for Cas even with their atmospheric old ground, after all they voted for Elstone and would hardly support any change that might cause their demise at the top level. Have they been doing mock ups for over a decade now? 

• Like 1