Sign in to follow this  
NickD

V Leigh

Can’t see beyond another loss I’m afraid. Hopefully not 60 again but who knows. I predict we’ll score 12. 

Hard to predict gate given England at home same afternoon but hopefully word will have got Out that you can watch it in the Royal Suite. 

• Like 1

This game falls into

"not a hope in hell" column 

We have to be realistic, Leigh are playing like every game is a cup final to get into the top 4.

They are a juggernaut on a roll

For me I'd rest guy's who have knocks or carrying niggling injuries

We've 4 games we can realistically win or should I say MUST WIN!! 

BATLEY HOME

SWINTON AWAY

SHEFFIELD AWAY

BARROW HOME

before the split

These games are paramount to staying up. 

Target the games that you can win

I wish we could have played Leigh, or any other of the wealthy clubs, early in the season when they are most vulnerable. As it is they are looking very strong at present so our best hope is for a decent gate and warm enough weather to generate strong thirsts.

I expect the team to go out and do their all; PS to attempt to improve the decision making of the referee; someone to moan about forward passes/the iniquity of the funding structure/consistency of lobby/whether it should be eaten with pickled red cabbage/failure to win the half-time draw (again).

I have already sent my note of absence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, coolie said:

This game falls into

"not a hope in hell" column 

We have to be realistic, Leigh are playing like every game is a cup final to get into the top 4.

They are a juggernaut on a roll

For me I'd rest guy's who have knocks or carrying niggling injuries

We've 4 games we can realistically win or should I say MUST WIN!! 

BATLEY HOME

SWINTON AWAY

SHEFFIELD AWAY

BARROW HOME

before the split

These games are paramount to staying up. 

Target the games that you can win

Without wishing to dampen your enthusiasm Coolie, we have, and will most likely continue to have a squad down to the bare bones for the foreseeable IMO. I can't see us winning more than two of those games, and maybe only one. Our hopes rest on a) Swinton and Rochdale continuing to lose, b) SL clubs pulling out their DR's before the split, thereby weakening the opposition c)grinding out a few wins in whats left of the season, and d) refer to a). Or we could all pray to the Reverends gaffer, and hope he deems us worthy of another season of anguish in the championship. Personally I think it's all irrelevant anyway, because apart from the SL and SL wannabes, I reckon we're all going to end up in the same division sooner rather than later anyway. 

• Like 1

I think we will finish above Rochdale and Swinton. With the end of the Middle 8s, expect that some clubs will have to rein in their spending. Assuming TWP get promoted, they will be replaced by a FT team who will be odds on to get promoted. The rest will depend on how deep the pockets are of their owners.

We can win the next four after leigh

Looking at the fixtures

Sheffield will be lucky to get 4 more points, and that's including beating us

Swinton & Rochdale can only one win 1 more came

We are capable of winning the next 4 

And if we only win 2 as you suggest 

As long as we nail Swinton & Rochdale we'll stay up

The season consists of 4 games

4 Cup finals, 8 points and we're safe

• Like 1

The best worst of three is our objective. It isn't inspirational but will have to do for now.

When a SL club comes down, complete with parachute payment, three Championship clubs fail to gain promotion but have at least £400k distribution money, Bradford and ano come up with stronger support than the rest, then next season should see us challenging for a top four spot, once again; until March.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another defeat on the cards with this fixture, but I am sure we will win the penalty count once again, if Leigh do as they usually do. Does that soften the blow of losing? 'Course not, but we do seem to have improved that part of our game.

Dewsbury 18-46 Leigh.

FTS: Crowther

MoM: Brown

Att: 1123

I don't think kicking off an hour later will improve the attendance as any travelling Leigh fans will be travelling when the footballers are still playing their negative stuff. We probably should have played yesterday, but I guess, even then, some would have stayed away because of that other, dreary type of football that's on the telly at the moment.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:33 PM, NickD said:

Can’t see beyond another loss I’m afraid. Hopefully not 60 again but who knows. I predict we’ll score 12. 

Hard to predict gate given England at home same afternoon but hopefully word will have got Out that you can watch it in the Royal Suite. 

Well. I got the 12 right.  Full marks to the Leigh fans. Must have been almost 1000 there and boy they seemed to like a drink 👍

The lads never stopped trying again and can’t fault anyone for effort.  Just more evidence of this pointless league.......

• Like 2

Would like us to complete more sets but men v boys again. At least we should have competitive games the next few weeks.

34 minutes ago, NickD said:

Well. I got the 12 right.  Full marks to the Leigh fans. Must have been almost 1000 there and boy they seemed to like a drink 👍

The lads never stopped trying again and can’t fault anyone for effort.  Just more evidence of this pointless league.......

Many supporters of other clubs would contend that it is anything other than pointless Nick. Six clubs are in contention for the middle rights and four are in a relegation struggle. A waste of time then?

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Many supporters of other clubs would contend that it is anything other than pointless Nick. Six clubs are in contention for the middle rights and four are in a relegation struggle. A waste of time then?

It is for me BSJ....Everyone to their own surely?

2 hours ago, NickD said:

The lads never stopped trying again and can’t fault anyone for effort.  ......

Yes .. lots of effort .... but very little guile!!   Why don't we try and get Liam Finn on DR .... he is nowhere near the team at Wakey at the moment ( or is he injured ) ... if available he would make such a difference ... it can't be any fun for the team when getting hammered every week and knowing when we have the ball we don't have the skill to open defences!!  .. we could be punch drunk by the time the payoffs come around ...  we need an injection of optimism at the club and Finn or someone of his ilk would provide!

2 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Yes .. lots of effort .... but very little guile!!   Why don't we try and get Liam Finn on DR .... he is nowhere near the team at Wakey at the moment ( or is he injured ) ... if available he would make such a difference ... it can't be any fun for the team when getting hammered every week and knowing when we have the ball we don't have the skill to open defences!!  .. we could be punch drunk by the time the payoffs come around ...  we need an injection of optimism at the club and Finn or someone of his ilk would provide!

I agree with the sentiment ONO but he isn't available. Currently injured and a vital component of Wakefield's season according to Chris Chester. He will make a great coach in the future too.

Thankfully Leigh turned up with maybe 1000 fans. Big thanks to them.The south stand looked to have a lot of missing RAMS fans.

We are very nearly, .next week maybe,  in must win territory .

In the  rugby paper,next  season due to changes clubs could get £300,000.If they agree to sl proposals of course.

The problem is people aren't going to buy season tickets and support this club if they know half of the games are going to be massacres like this season. Even your die hards are now saying we've had enough.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Thankfully Leigh turned up with maybe 1000 fans. Big thanks to them.The south stand looked to have a lot of missing RAMS fans.

We are very nearly, .next week maybe,  in must win territory .

In the  rugby paper,next  season due to changes clubs could get £300,000.If they agree to sl proposals of course.

The problem is people aren't going to buy season tickets and support this club if they know half of the games are going to be massacres like this season. Even your die hards are now saying we've had enough.  

As a diehard no matter what the structure I will never have had enough. The true rams will always be there till they die.Instead of us moaning AND I don't refer to this point the coach the chairman want us at Swinton and that's were we will be.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Correct-amund-o..

Was dead by me and there are several of the old diehards that seem to have disappeared..

1 hour ago, EQUALIZER said:

As a diehard no matter what the structure I will never have had enough. The true rams will always be there till they die.Instead of us moaning AND I don't refer to this point the coach the chairman want us at Swinton and that's were we will be.

Good for you pal ,well iv'e been a die hard,die hard for decades but you can understand why others don't feel the same.

• Like 1

Next season could be quite different if some of the proposals go through, including a more even distribution. The current structure, in paricular the financial structure has made it virtually impossible for six of the clubs in this league, and that is borne out by the tabke and recent results; I don't think that I have know a season with so few shocks where lesser clubs beat bigger ones.

A real danger is a dwindling of support, not just for us bit many other clubs, die to fans feeling that turning up for a foregone conclusion is unattractive to say the least. there is a likely to be a large drop off in season ticket takeup for next year unless the format returns to something more attractive.

There are meetings scheduled for this week that might determine the long-term future of many club, not just ours.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 9:29 AM, grumpyoldram said:

Without wishing to dampen your enthusiasm Coolie, we have, and will most likely continue to have a squad down to the bare bones for the foreseeable IMO. I can't see us winning more than two of those games, and maybe only one. Our hopes rest on a) Swinton and Rochdale continuing to lose, b) SL clubs pulling out their DR's before the split, thereby weakening the opposition c)grinding out a few wins in whats left of the season, and d) refer to a). Or we could all pray to the Reverends gaffer, and hope he deems us worthy of another season of anguish in the championship. Personally I think it's all irrelevant anyway, because apart from the SL and SL wannabes, I reckon we're all going to end up in the same division sooner rather than later anyway. 

I think come 2022 when any new TV deal kicks in we will see a two tier Super League of either 8 or 10 clubs in each division and the rest of us the likes of Dewsbury,Batley ,Swinton,Rochdale and Oldham will all be in a reformed”Championship”where Championship and Championship 1 will in effect amalgamate and those clubs collectively  will have to find their own new broadcaster and funding.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

I think come 2022 when any new TV deal kicks in we will see a two tier Super League of either 8 or 10 clubs in each division and the rest of us the likes of Dewsbury,Batley ,Swinton,Rochdale and Oldham will all be in a reformed”Championship”where Championship and Championship 1 will in effect amalgamate and those clubs collectively  will have to find their own new broadcaster and funding.

Four years is a long time in RL Rob, far too long for any of us to make predictions with any crtainty. We all have our own favoured theories but life has a habit of getting in the way of their fulfilment.

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Four years is a long time in RL Rob, far too long for any of us to make predictions with any crtainty. We all have our own favoured theories but life has a habit of getting in the way of their fulfilment.

Next season will be interesting as only one up then it's a question of how many clubs are willing to splash the cash to try and get promoted. With no Middle 8s it could be disastrous financially to fail to get promoted. And 2SLs will never happen as there is not enough money to support two full-time leagues.

On 6/27/2018 at 2:41 PM, Blind side johnny said:

Well actually it is just about 3 years and 7 months until the 2022 season starts and I grant you that it is a bit too long to make predictions with certainty.A lot can happen.

That being said I think that Keighley Cougars in their club statement as they were informing all they are in the 💩 May well have let the cat out of the bag as they said quite explicitly that Super League will take over the running of the RL in 2022 where only those clubs will get funded from the SL suggesting that the rest will be cast aside,and if that is correct then clubs like Dewsbury,Swinton,Batley,Oldham etc need to start thinking now and getting our heads together and make plans in anticipation of this to ensure we survive because that 3 years and 7 months will fly by.

• Like 1